Author Topic: Nasser dissed at the ASC!  (Read 21223 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Nasser dissed at ASC!
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
Yes, I did read your post, and based on it's content I questioned whether you read mine  :D

Nasser doesn't expect to be treated exceptionally.  If that were the case he would have made a huge fuss or discussed in an interview online or made a post here as to how he's really disappointed at the AC for not giving him a better invitation.  However, he did none of those.  He chose to show his disapproval by not attending, and remained silent about his reasons - he told a few friends like myself only because I asked him why he wasn't going.  Otherwise, it's you guys who are making a big deal out of it by starting a thread and making posts questioning and contemplating why he didn't attend.  It wasn't a big deal to Nasser, so why is it to you guys!

You can say whatever you would like. Build Nasser up in any way, shape or form to make him feel better about himself. Whatever it is you are attempting to do, or why you're doing it, you will continue to do it.
However, like the fags have Derek Anthony, Muscle Mayhem has RockyIII, and GetBig has Vince Goodrum and you to laugh at....the bodybuilding world can laugh at the sad P.O.S. we know as Nasser.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »
Inviting Nasser would be like inviting a disgruntled post-office employee to a company x-mas party.

And inviting Shawn was like inviting an employee who cheated out the employer yet still made the Christmas party (Shawn Ray's failed drug test at the '90 Arnold).

So what's the difference? I mean, c'mon...

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
And inviting Shawn was like inviting an employee who cheated out the employer yet still made the Christmas party (Shawn Ray's failed drug test at the '90 Arnold).

So what's the difference? I mean, c'mon...

Shawn won in 90, then was disqualified for the use of Winstrol. That was the year Ashley represented. Shawn came back and won in 91, so he was there, UNLIKE Nasser in 98. ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »
Actually, no, Nasser was not dissed!  Nasser dissed the ASC promoters by not attending when he was expected to.  Nasser couldn't give a rats ass to go there and get recognition onstage as a past winner, so why would he give a crap if his name is announced or not?  ::)

Dude, Nasser wanted someone to fly him in to the Arnold classic and that clearly shows that he gave more than a rat's ass. The defining phase of his life was bodybuilding and his biggest / greatest moment in it was when he won the Arnold Classic. When he is referred to in BB history, he will be referred to as an AC winner. So don't give us this BS about him being busy and not giving a rat's ass - he's free enough to read Getbig and address the posts here in phone calls he makes to you (or you make to him), he's free to whine about different things and people, he's still captivated enough to be haunted and bitter by the whole thing....

And yet he's too busy to attend THE reunion that was probably the biggest, most significant one as far as the bodybuilding part of his life is concerned? Suuuuuuuuuuure ;D ;D

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »
Dude, Nasser wanted someone to fly him in to the Arnold classic and that clearly shows that he gave more than a rat's ass. The defining phase of his life was bodybuilding and his biggest / greatest moment in it was when he won the Arnold Classic. When he is referred to in BB history, he will be referred to as an AC winner. So don't give us this BS about him being busy and not giving a rat's ass - he's free enough to read Getbig and address the posts here in phone calls he makes to you (or you make to him), he's free to whine about different things and people, he's still captivated enough to be haunted and bitter by the whole thing....

And yet he's too busy to attend THE reunion that was probably the biggest, most significant one as far as the bodybuilding part of his life is concerned? Suuuuuuuuuuure ;D ;D

think how much stress it would be for arnold to fly him to ohio and it would cost arnold a lot of cash he doesnt really have anymore.....

if arnold wanted him there onstage he would be there!

arnolds the faither here.....and everyone else just gets 2nd best hahhahahha

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2008, 12:12:45 AM »
think how much stress it would be for arnold to fly him to ohio and it would cost arnold a lot of cash he doesnt really have anymore.....

if arnold wanted him there onstage he would be there!

arnolds the faither here.....and everyone else just gets 2nd best hahhahahha

You're missing the point altogether - Getbiggers were having a laugh at Nasser hell of a syntholbody cause he wasn't acknowledged in the re-union (which I admit is not a good thing and pretty disrespectful); Bigbobs and Team Nasser defend their champ saying he's too good & busy to be part of it. And so I just pointed out that he's neither too busy nor too good as they seem to make it to be. End of story.

I wasn't alluding to Arnie in anyway - just keeping in check more BS from Team Nasser who always try and make it look like their boy is beyond reproach and above everything / everyone.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2008, 12:14:47 AM »
so all the past winners were there except nasser?

he was on PBW, mentioned wanting someone to buy his ticket for him?

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2008, 12:18:03 AM »
so all the past winners were there except nasser?

he was on PBW, mentioned wanting someone to buy his ticket for him?

yep!

all onstage together.....levrone and francios vince taylor dex martinez etc

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2008, 12:19:23 AM »
You're missing the point altogether - Getbiggers were having a laugh at Nasser hell of a syntholbody cause he wasn't acknowledged in the re-union (which I admit is not a good thing and pretty disrespectful); Bigbobs and Team Nasser defend their champ saying he's too good & busy to be part of it. And so I just pointed out that he's neither too busy nor too good as they seem to make it to be. End of story.

I wasn't alluding to Arnie in anyway - just keeping in check more BS from Team Nasser who always try and make it look like their boy is beyond reproach and above everything / everyone.

hahahhahahhahahahha this is fukn genius

"Nasser hell of a syntholbody"

not heard that 1 b4.....   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2008, 12:21:58 AM »
wow francois was even there... impressive... he didn't seem to keep caught up on the sport anymore.  was this on the webcast? i havent seen it yet, other than the posing routines and the posedown.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2008, 12:25:04 AM »
wow francois was even there... impressive... he didn't seem to keep caught up on the sport anymore.  was this on the webcast? i havent seen it yet, other than the posing routines and the posedown.

He actually promotes the annual Mike Francois classic which is an amateur show....I think.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2008, 12:29:35 AM »
He actually promotes the annual Mike Francois classic which is an amateur show....I think.

didnt know that ....i thought he was a gonner...he didnt look too chuffed to be ther......

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2008, 05:21:42 AM »
Nice to see bobs spinning, predictably. Guy spins so much he has his own gravitational field.* How many gs  ya pulling these days, bobs?  :D

*not one of those smaller solid-body planets neither; a gas giant

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2008, 05:31:54 AM »

The Olympia is the other big event, and the one event to be at.  Expect a no-show and some external excuse from Nasser (via Babs).  Nasser will also be advised by IFBB not show at the Olympia premises. 

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2008, 05:36:07 AM »
ha ha ha

nothing better than a internet loser defending a washed up has been "pro".

Actually, no, Nasser was not dissed!  Nasser dissed the ASC promoters by not attending when he was expected to.  Nasser couldn't give a rats ass to go there and get recognition onstage as a past winner, so why would he give a crap if his name is announced or not?  ::)

The reason Nasser didn't go was he disapproved of the manner in which the promoters invited athletes - they didn't give formal invitations but simply spread by word of mouth that all past winners are expected to be onstage.  They also expected all winners to pay for their own expenses, book their own flights/hotel, etc.  Very unorganized and cheap on the part of the promoters.  Just one of the many differences between bodybuilding and other sports.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2008, 05:38:44 AM »
oh man, nasser is so pressed for time.
being an unemployed drug user and all. but wait, booking a hotel might take away from his online underwear business.

Did you even read my posts?  It would only cost Nasser about $300 in airfare and a few hundred more in other expenses total, which is peanuts, and even still there were a few people within the industry that offered to personally cover Nasser'e expenses, so obviously money was not the issue, it's a matter of principle that the promoters should be formally inviting and covering those expenses.  Not only expenses, but the time it takes to try to book a hotel in Columbus near the show (which has to be done well in advance), not being summoned before the show as to when you will be going onstage, where to go, etc.  Like I said, it was unorganized, and not thoughtful to the athletes unlike would be the case in other sports. 

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2008, 06:17:09 AM »

Shawn won in 90, then was disqualified for the use of Winstrol.
(Shawn Ray's failed drug test at the '90 Arnold).

Isn't that what I just stated?

And yes, Mike Ashley won by default.  :-X

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2008, 06:53:56 AM »
Nasser was invited. Nasser didn't go. Suprise, suprise. Just what many of us would have predicted to how the *has-been* would have reacted.

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2008, 07:24:35 AM »
N'ASBEEN.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2008, 07:33:41 AM »
Isn't that what I just stated?

And yes, Mike Ashley won by default.  :-X

My understanding of your post, was that Shawn should not have been there since he lost in '90. That's why I mentioned he won two years in a row.
I'd been up for nearly 24hrs at that point....:-\

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2008, 08:56:42 AM »
Nasser was invited. Nasser didn't go. Suprise, suprise. Just what many of us would have predicted to how the *has-been* would have reacted.
But sometime i respect him if he think he is not interested in the "Past".

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »

The reason Nasser didn't go was he disapproved of the manner in which the promoters invited athletes - they didn't give formal invitations but simply spread by word of mouth that all past winners are expected to be onstage.  They also expected all winners to pay for their own expenses, book their own flights/hotel, etc.  Very unorganized and cheap on the part of the promoters.  Just one of the many differences between bodybuilding and other sports.

The reason he didn't go is because he couldn't afford to. There's no good reason that he wouldn't be there to promote his book otherwise.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »
good shit.

fuck nasser. he's gutter trash. must have been raised in a sewer.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2008, 09:40:42 AM »

Dude, Nasser had more than one offer from people within the industry to fly him out there, so it was not the flight itself.  Also, where did I say that Nasser was too "busy" to go?   All I said was he was not overly impressed with the method in which the "invitation" was sent out, and decided to make a personal stand against that by not attending.  Wasn't a big deal for him either, otherwise he would have made a public statement or mentioned his reasons his his interviews.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2008, 09:42:15 AM »
Dude, Nasser had more than one offer from people within the industry to fly him out there, so it was not the flight itself. 

So it was the hotel cost then?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."