Author Topic: Will Phil heath skip the Olympia now?  (Read 5934 times)

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
Re: Will Phil heath skip the Olympia now?
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 07:01:17 AM »
no, but i hope he is 245 at the 2009 mr o

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 07:20:18 AM »
Here I am dwarfing the brothers from nelson.  I'm 4th in the pic.
LOL. Usually a picture like this is accompanied by an extortion demand stipulating release unless complied with. . 

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 07:21:21 AM »
After his outstanding shape in the terrific lighting at the Ironman, Phil Heath looked unbeatable.

Today, he looked very beatable in a few of the poses, by more guys than just Dexter.  He's a top ten Olympian, but I don't think people will be spekaing of him as they have ("He's gonna win the O this year", etc).

Will he do a few spring shows now and rack up checks and exposure?
Will he hold off on any more shows and look to gain muscle on torso, waiting to compete at the O?
Will he skip the Olympia AGAIN and "focus on making improvements"?

He looks incredible, but he skipped the Olympia last year so he could move up at the Arnold from 5th to second.  Nice thought, but he could have easily been top 10 or even 6 at the O last year, and his 2008 placing won't be that much better.  He's not going to beat Dex, Vic (if he does it), Jay, or Dennis Wolf.
Yes, he will do the O. I agree with you, he will not place ahead of jay, Victor (as you say, if he does it), dexter or wolf. I think tha he'll do the O, but take the whole year off next time, for the 09 O.
BTW, Greene was good wasn't he. We predicted that. He has to be careful though, as i wouldn't add more mass if i were him, just concentrate even more on his conditioning and balance. Good showing though.
BTW#2
Who predicted:
1) dex
2) phil
3) greene

???
Me. I am a genius, there is no doubt.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2008, 07:45:06 AM »
LOL. Usually a picture like this is accompanied by an extortion demand stipulating release unless complied with. . 

Is it proof of life?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 07:51:16 AM »
Is it proof of life?
Hehe. Depends on your defintion of 'life.'  :D

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 11:45:13 AM »
The two guys who can still make significant improvements and are already top 6 are Wolf and Heath. This year I see the O going down as 1. Cutler, 2. Wolf, 3. Dex, 4. Heath.

However if Heath takes all year after the O to improve again, he'll push for the top spot in 09.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »
I have been wondering about since I heard about Heath finshing second at the ASC.If Heath can make improvements between now and the Olympia in September. The way I see the O this year 1 Heath , 2 Cutler, 3 Wolf, 4 Dex.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 12:44:02 PM »
Heath has to do the Olympia, if he skips it again that would be a big mistake in his career IMO.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 06:45:58 PM »
I asked Phil heath at the expo on sunday if he's going to compete at the O? he said yes he will. he sounded confident about it
Get Big, or Die Trying

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 02:29:28 AM »
I have been wondering about since I heard about Heath finshing second at the ASC.If Heath can make improvements between now and the Olympia in September. The way I see the O this year 1 Heath , 2 Cutler, 3 Wolf, 4 Dex.
You are in fantasy land.