Author Topic: Philosophical question...  (Read 3655 times)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
Re: Philosophical question...
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2008, 05:56:43 AM »
   This is a really great question and one that's been on my mind a whole lot lately.  Why am I even doing this anymore?  I have a good body and I am even starting to think that any bigger than I already am just looks a little un-attractive-like a guy that wears make up or something...trying TOO hard to look good.  
   The people that are really dedicated bodybuilders just for the sake of bodybuilding, look at it like a puzzle or a house or something.  It's a project that they are constantly trying to better, and perfect.  But those are the ones that define better and perfect as bigger and leaner. What about feeling good, what about having a social life, what about being able to play sports and do other fun activities, AND what about good health?
   I would never have said these things a couple of years ago, but that was when I was convinced that I had to be the best in everything for it to be even worth doing.  Now I think a little differently.  It's best to just be as good as you can and WANT to be, within the confines of happiness(which encompasses a ton of different things)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2008, 06:02:47 AM »
  This is a really great question and one that's been on my mind a whole lot lately.  Why am I even doing this anymore?  I have a good body and I am even starting to think that any bigger than I already am just looks a little un-attractive-like a guy that wears make up or something...trying TOO hard to look good.  
   The people that are really dedicated bodybuilders just for the sake of bodybuilding, look at it like a puzzle or a house or something.  It's a project that they are constantly trying to better, and perfect.  But those are the ones that define better and perfect as bigger and leaner. What about feeling good, what about having a social life, what about being able to play sports and do other fun activities, AND what about good health?
   I would never have said these things a couple of years ago, but that was when I was convinced that I had to be the best in everything for it to be even worth doing.  Now I think a little differently.  It's best to just be as good as you can and WANT to be, within the confines of happiness(which encompasses a ton of different things)

Are you really Swedish?
I hate the State.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2008, 06:05:28 AM »
haha, yes but I grew up in the States-have lived back and forth in both countries for a long time.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2008, 06:08:30 AM »
haha, yes but I grew up in the States-have lived back and forth in both countries for a long time.

Det er bra. Svensken bemannar har bra genetik för bodybuilding.
I hate the State.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2008, 06:12:04 AM »
Yea, I've got some pretty good genetics, but now I feel like maybe I just don't care so much if I look any better or worse. I've got an obcession with my head looking to small for my body. haha, I feel like that happens much earlier than most people think it does!  I see it all the time in the gym.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2008, 06:15:58 AM »
Yea, I've got some pretty good genetics, but now I feel like maybe I just don't care so much if I look any better or worse. I've got an obcession with my head looking to small for my body. haha, I feel like that happens much earlier than most people think it does!  I see it all the time in the gym.

Jag önskar att jag hade bra genetik.
I hate the State.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »
The word that describes why most bodybuild is transcendence. We yearn to be something more than what we are now. This is a social motive because we are comparing ourselves to others. We surely transcend mediocrity when we win one of those ridiculous Mr titles. Large muscles are still noticed by everyone and perhaps envied and respected as well. While big muscles might not be what women say they are looking for, most musclemen will find that having a good physique is not a handicap. Being bigger and stronger than the average man is a bonus and a good deterrent to others not to mess with you.

In life we make choices and decide what is worth while. When our choices involve danger or risks then only the brave and or foolish succeed. I doubt any sensible, educated person would elect to take the risks associated with professional bodybuilding.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2008, 06:22:52 AM »
The word that describes why most bodybuild is transcendence. We yearn to be something more than what we are now. This is a social motive because we are comparing ourselves to others. We surely transcend mediocrity when we win one of those ridiculous Mr titles. Large muscles are still noticed by everyone and perhaps envied and respected as well. While big muscles might not be what women say they are looking for, most musclemen will find that having a good physique is not a handicap. Being bigger and stronger than the average man is a bonus and a good deterrent to others not to mess with you.

In life we make choices and decide what is worth while. When our choices involve danger or risks then only the brave and or foolish succeed. I doubt any sensible, educated person would elect to take the risks associated with professional bodybuilding.

bla bla bla, did you watch X-Factor today?

bodybuilding is not a metaphysic super-illusion, actually there are people out there who are just having fun training.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: You are fat Vince.

Hope this helps.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2008, 06:29:51 AM »
Because the human kind feels the need to grow (in any way they can) We all need to see some progression in life, it makes us satisfied and happy. Wether it be your body that is gaining, looking better or getting the keys to the bakery. You must grow in life othrwise you die internally. If you die internally your body wil die too. Body cant live without the brain. After that you die.Why do you think when people stop working, they die often within 2 years.Cause they re too stupid and have no goals left. BB is nice as a hobby, but dont get caught up in only that, you need to flex your brain muscles too.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2008, 06:32:50 AM »
bla bla bla, did you watch X-Factor today?

bodybuilding is not a metaphysic super-illusion, actually there are people out there who are just having fun training.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: You are fat Vince.

Hope this helps.

Aber da ist schon was rohes, atavistisches, wenn man mit dem Eisen kaempft.....
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2008, 06:34:48 AM »
Aber da ist schon was rohes, atavistisches, wenn man mit dem Eisen kaempft.....

Ich versuch nur gerade dem guten alten Vince ein bißchen auf die eier zu gehen.  ;D ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2008, 06:36:36 AM »
Ich versuch nur gerade dem guten alten Vince ein bißchen auf die eier zu gehen.  ;D ;D

Ist auch angekommen!
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2008, 06:38:48 AM »
Ist auch angekommen!

Danke, dann schreibe ich einfach noch mal Vince Basile, das nervt dann besonders wenn man nichts versteht.  ;D ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »
I work with children every day; I watch their behaviour, as they play in their own filth and with their own snot and excretion, how they hit each other, the strange sounds they make; believe me, we are little more than animals who lucked out and got a big brain so we can pretend we're not.  ::)

See, I don't have to believe you, my world view is based on logic, not irrational belief. Your 'observations' are just ineligible projections.