Author Topic: CEOs and their bonuses  (Read 450 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
CEOs and their bonuses
« on: March 02, 2008, 08:47:53 AM »
Much has been said (although little publicized) about CEOs and their interests, about their decisions and their abilities. One thing I know is true: Their mega-payloads are no joke:

Richard Grasso, former chairman and CEO of the NYSE. After various years of getting "only" 10-15 million bonuses, working for a supposedly nonprofit organization mind you!, decides to give himself a one-time payout of $ 140 million dollars for doing nothing whatsoever.

Feel free to add on to the list.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: CEOs and their bonuses
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:14:54 AM »
john ashcroft... nice little golden parachute he set up... last act in power was hiring himself as a 'consultant' in the pvt sector the day he retired from justice dept.  Slick!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »
Much has been said (although little publicized) about CEOs and their interests, about their decisions and their abilities. One thing I know is true: Their mega-payloads are no joke:

Richard Grasso, former chairman and CEO of the NYSE. After various years of getting "only" 10-15 million bonuses, working for a supposedly nonprofit organization mind you!, decides to give himself a one-time payout of $ 140 million dollars for doing nothing whatsoever.

Feel free to add on to the list.

I'm not complaining about it, sure it's sickening to a point. Then it's cool at the same time.

if anyone was in that position to make that money and it didn't undermine their ethics. Then why not?? You would be a fool not to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 11:31:56 AM »
all the power to them if they can demand such a salary.

grasso managed the worlds most complex monetary system.  If you were as smart and shrewd as he is, you'd be making $140 million too.