Author Topic: Chavez warns of war with Colombia and sends tanks & troops to the border.  (Read 650 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Predictions anyone?

CARACAS, Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez ordered tanks and thousands of troops on Sunday to the border with Colombia, accusing it of pushing South America to the brink of war by killing a top rebel leader on Ecuadorean soil.

Denouncing Colombia's slaying of the rebel commander in a cross-border raid into Ecuador, Chavez said Venezuela will respond militarily if Colombia violates its border. He ordered Venezuela's embassy in Bogota closed.

"Mr. Defense Minister, move 10 battalions to the border with Colombia for me, immediately — tank battalions. Deploy the air force," Chavez said during his weekly TV and radio program. "We don't want war, but we aren't going to permit the U.S. empire, which is the master (of Colombia) ... to come divide us."

cont... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080303/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/venezuela_colombia

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
nobody?  Ok, here's my guess.  If war breaks out with Columbia, I have no doubts this is what we will use to invade Venezuela.  I think Hugo knows this so I doubt he'll make the first war move.  Columbia/US knows this too.  With the troops being moved to the border in a show of force by Hugo, he's opened it up to Columbia making a move to force a response from Chavez, knowing US intervention is almost certain.  This could get interesting.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
This is interesting.  Hopefully it doesn't get out of hand...
w

War-Horse

• Getbig V
We cant even catch one Towell-head in a cave for 2 trillion dollars spent.

WTF is Bushman doing???    Moving ships into syria and this......I hope china doesnt pull the plug on lending for all our wars..... :'(