Author Topic: How NAIVE are people...it makes me sick  (Read 1562 times)

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
How NAIVE are people...it makes me sick
« on: March 03, 2008, 05:57:32 AM »
It's amazing what the media can do. with all this nonsense going on in baseball, the public is the victim...

this older dude i work with is having probs with his hip, he's a hunter and wound up with lime disease, he tells me the dr wants to put him on some steroids to try and rebuild some of his leg muscles, this dude is a nervous wreck, comes into my office telling me he's scared he's going to be walking around "juiced up" and be yelling at everybody.........

you gotta love the media huh?

what about liquor, beer and cigarettes???? this world is something else....

if this topic has been posted 1000 times before, i'm sorry!!!

Beener

• Getbig IV
Re: How NAIVE are people...it makes me sick
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:06:57 AM »
Yeah or that it will definitely kill him..its just a matter of time. oooh yeah  ::)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
It's amazing what the media can do. with all this nonsense going on in baseball, the public is the victim...

this older dude i work with is having probs with his hip, he's a hunter and wound up with lime disease, he tells me the dr wants to put him on some steroids to try and rebuild some of his leg muscles, this dude is a nervous wreck, comes into my office telling me he's scared he's going to be walking around "juiced up" and be yelling at everybody.........

you gotta love the media huh?

what about liquor, beer and cigarettes???? this world is something else....

if this topic has been posted 1000 times before, i'm sorry!!!

Is the guy going on anabolics or corticosteroids?   Most of the general population doesnt' make the clarification (the bullshit about Jimmy Connors a few years back being on "steroids" when he was taking prednisone and phenylbutazone is a great example). 

Anabolic steroids don't make sense with the treatment of lyme disease in any species.   Corticosteroids do have their place, especially in the face of severe joint inflammation.   The first thing that needs to be done is distinguishing what the "steroid is". 

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:44:22 AM »
i here ya Vet, it's just the whole perception that got me..........

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »
Is the guy going on anabolics or corticosteroids?   Most of the general population doesnt' make the clarification (the bullshit about Jimmy Connors a few years back being on "steroids" when he was taking prednisone and phenylbutazone is a great example). 

Anabolic steroids don't make sense with the treatment of lyme disease in any species.   Corticosteroids do have their place, especially in the face of severe joint inflammation.   The first thing that needs to be done is distinguishing what the "steroid is". 

Yeah most idiots hear they are on steroids and they are actually Corticosteroids they dont even know the difference.  Funny if the dude is on them and then comes in all agressive and like he is getting bigger from it LOL.  If I was the guys buds play along with it tell him what a beast the "steroids" are making him. hahahahahah.

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:02:35 AM »
what's crazy is yesterday i was given prednisone eye drops, this morning my eyes looked bigger...grrrrrrr

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 08:26:33 AM »
what's crazy is yesterday i was given prednisone eye drops, this morning my eyes looked bigger...grrrrrrr

Did you get through the day without killing anyone?  ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »
A few years ago my father was tested and had low test levels. i heard him and my mom talking about how dangerous steroids were so he held off. finally after many months of research my father found out all the BENEFITS of HRT in older men. so he went on test for a while and said he felt like he was in his early 30's again.

sometimes even educated people can be blinded by the media, then they do some REAL research and find how stupid this government is.

8)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »
A few years ago my father was tested and had low test levels. i heard him and my mom talking about how dangerous steroids were so he held off. finally after many months of research my father found out all the BENEFITS of HRT in older men. so he went on test for a while and said he felt like he was in his early 30's again.

sometimes even educated people can be blinded by the media, then they do some REAL research and find how stupid this government is.

8)

LOL.  Its not just the government---although I think thats driving quite a bit of it. 

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 08:18:13 PM »
Yeah most idiots hear they are on steroids and they are actually Corticosteroids they dont even know the difference.  Funny if the dude is on them and then comes in all agressive and like he is getting bigger from it LOL.  If I was the guys buds play along with it tell him what a beast the "steroids" are making him. hahahahahah.

LOL!

That is good stuff.. ;D

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 06:33:35 AM »
I didn't kill anyone, but my eyes were giving lots of dirty looks...lol

Hey overload, with all due respect, i bet your mom liked him being on Test....he probably looked at her like a piece of meat, in a respectful careing way of course....lol