Author Topic: Obama flip flop  (Read 857 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Obama flip flop
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:22:32 PM »
Clinton: Obama gave Canada 'wink-wink' on NAFTA
by Glenn Thrush and Rick Pearson

TOLEDO, OH -- Hillary Clinton -- fighting to hold a slim lead in Ohio -- is seizing on a leaked memo indicating that a top Barack Obama adviser assured Canadian officials the candidate's attacks on NAFTA were motivated by primary politics.

The former first lady -- ratcheting up her battle with the press -- suggested the Canada story would be getting more attention if the memo had referred to her campaign's activities.

Speaking to reporters here this morning, Clinton said, "If you come to Ohio and you go give speeches that are very critical of NAFTA... and then we find out that your chief economic adviser has gone to a foreign government and basically done the old wink-wink – 'Don’t pay any attention, this is just political rhetoric' -- I think that raises serious questions."

Peering at the 50 or so reporters packed into a small hotel conference room here, she added: "I would ask you to look at this story and substitute my name for Sen. Obama’s name and see what you would do with this story… Just ask yourself [what you would do] if some of my advisers had been having private meetings with foreign governments."

The memo, written by a Canadian embassy official and leaked to the AP, claims that the campaign's top economic adviser Austan Goolsbee assured him that Obama's anti-NAFTA remarks "should not be taken out of context and should be viewed as more about political positioning than a clear articulation of policy plans."

Goolsbee has denied that he made the comments attributed to him. Obama has denied it, too.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Re: Obama flip flop
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:23:14 PM »
Obama caught in NAFTAGATE. What a man of integrity.

Youi heard it here first.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »

are you going to give us some more "breaking" news that's a week old?

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »
Obama caught in NAFTAGATE. What a man of integrity.

Youi heard it here first.

Actually, I heard yesterday or the day before!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 10:37:26 PM »
are you going to give us some more "breaking" news that's a week old?

So what's your opinion on it? Just curious.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:09:59 PM »

Hillary's calling in all kinds of favors.... although I don't doubt that something to that effect was said.

What beats me is why Austan bothered to say it at this point...... he has to get the goddam nomination and win an election before it becomes relevant.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 11:46:59 PM »

joe's opinion:
"Vote for mccain because libs hate america and you will all die with libs in office.."

(ignoring the fact that mccain said we shouldn't go into pakistan to kill AQ leader, obama said we should... and last week bush agreed with OBAMA and took out the #3 AQ man.  Owned!)