Author Topic: Who Is This Jesus? Is He Risen?  (Read 9349 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Who Is This Jesus? Is He Risen?
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
This is the name of a special that usually comes on the week before Resurrection Sunday (bka Easter). It's produced by Coral Ridge Ministries and starts the late Dr. D. James Kennedy and Dean Jones.

The broadcast usually airs whenever The Coral Ridge Hour does. However, I'm not sure how stations have broadcasted that show, since Kennedy died.

The show, which features traditional and liberal Bible scholars, addresses such questions as:

- Are the Gospels reliable?
- When were the Gospels written?
- How does the New Testament compare with other ancient documents?
- Is Jesus mentioned outside the New Testament?
- Was the Resurrection literal or spiritual?

I taped the show in 2005, the last time I saw in on TV, and saw it twice before then.

If it airs the way it used to (which, this year, would be on the 16th), check it out.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Who Is This Jesus? Is He Risen?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 05:27:03 AM »
whoa, you lost me, when does this air, where, more details please.  All this you listed was foreign to me.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 05:28:54 AM »
I am guessing they won't be presenting any evidence for this supposed resurrection ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 07:11:34 AM »
whoa, you lost me, when does this air, where, more details please.  All this you listed was foreign to me.

I apologize for that. The show usually airs on the weekend of Palm Sunday (this year, it's the 15 and 16 of March) on any station that normally broadcasts The Coral Ridge Hour.

Since I don't know where you live, the following link should be helpful (assuming you live in the USA):

http://www.coralridge.org/coralridgehour.asp?page=stations

Just enter your state (and city, which is optional) and it will give the channel(s) and broadcast time for The Coral Ridge Hour.
I am guessing they won't be presenting any evidence for this supposed resurrection ::)

Your guess is incorrect. The list of questions I mentioned is not exhaustive. Furthermore, the title of the show would indicate that, at some point, the Ressurection and evidence supporting is gets discussed.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 09:41:02 AM »
thanks MCWAY!
R

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »

Your guess is incorrect. The list of questions I mentioned is not exhaustive. Furthermore, the title of the show would indicate that, at some point, the Ressurection and evidence supporting is gets discussed.

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed ::)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 10:09:04 AM »
That's the spirit  :D

R

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 10:59:30 AM »
thanks MCWAY!

You're welcome, Stella!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 03:19:13 PM »
Despite being a virulent fundy one thing I have to credit MCWAY for is his minimal, yet noticeable level of politeness.
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 05:46:42 PM »
Now that's something I'd watch.

I do not trust D. James Kennedy.  His arrogant politicial pontificating at the pulpit really turned me off.  But that church of his is like heaven on earth.  The vast choir in the background.  The man knew how to make a dollar with the lord's name.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 05:50:35 PM »
There's actually info in that ;)

Purge_WTF

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 05:35:34 PM »
I do not trust D. James Kennedy.  His arrogant politicial pontificating at the pulpit really turned me off.  But that church of his is like heaven on earth.  The vast choir in the background.  The man knew how to make a dollar with the lord's name.

He died not too long ago, and I wasn't a big fan of his either. He was a fascist and an anti-Semite to boot. I prefer David Jeremiah and John Hagee.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 04:07:30 AM »
  He died not too long ago, and I wasn't a big fan of his either. He was a fascist and an anti-Semite to boot. I prefer David Jeremiah and John Hagee.

HAHAHAAAA John Hagee... what a porker!

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »
I know he died.  I had to track him.  I mean have you ever seen his Devil Ears?  What's with the robes?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 01:18:43 PM »
I prefer David Jeremiah and John Hagee.
Both great pastors. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »
Both great pastors. 

Hagee? Are you for real? The nutcase who thinks blowing a crater the size of the moon into the earth somewhere around the middle east will hasten the return of Jesus?

Check out Ministry Watch for some info on his shady financial dealings. The guy is a millionaire fleecing the gullible out of their "widow's mite"... Next you'll be telling me you think "Pastor" Benny Hinn is also a great pastor ::)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »
Hagee? Are you for real? The nutcase who thinks blowing a crater the size of the moon into the earth somewhere around the middle east will hasten the return of Jesus?

Check out Ministry Watch for some info on his shady financial dealings. The guy is a millionaire fleecing the gullible out of their "widow's mite"... Next you'll be telling me you think "Pastor" Benny Hinn is also a great pastor ::)
You mean Benny Hinn isn't great?

But my check is already in the mail.

We have to spread the word.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 07:40:08 AM »
Both great pastors. 

I haven't heard of Jeremiah. Hagee, on the other hand, I am quite familiar about him. If ever there were an in-your-face, tell-it-like-it-is preacher, that's the guy. He seems to cover the entire spectrum: family issues, (geo)political issues, social issues, financial issues, moral issues, the whole ball of wax.

Kennedy was similar to Hagee, yet his delivery wasn't quite as thunderous as that of Hagee. He was more soft-spoken, yet he hammered his point home quite well.

There's a possibility that "Who Is This Jesus? Is He Risen?" may air this weekend. I forget what year it was, but I remember the show coming on TV two weeks before Resurrection Sunday/Easter weekend. So, if you're interested in watching the broadcast, be on the lookout for it tommorow and/or Sunday.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
I think the disparity in opinion of these gentlemen is for these reasons:

These preachers decided to understand the Bible as the final word on all moral questions.  They've decided to establish themselves as expert vessels for the word.

To people like me, I see these guys as positioning themselves as unerring authoritative figures.  The Bible is inerrant and the Word is inerrant...so everybody suck on that one.

That sort of infallibility out of the gate is something I don't care for and I don't believe it.

I'm not accusing all preachers, I enjoy Arnold Murray's show.
I've seen and met Kent Hovind. 
For the most part though, outside of entertainment value, I have no use for preachers.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 01:59:10 PM »
I think the disparity in opinion of these gentlemen is for these reasons:

These preachers decided to understand the Bible as the final word on all moral questions.  They've decided to establish themselves as expert vessels for the word.

To people like me, I see these guys as positioning themselves as unerring authoritative figures.  The Bible is inerrant and the Word is inerrant...so everybody suck on that one.

That sort of infallibility out of the gate is something I don't care for and I don't believe it.

I'm not accusing all preachers, I enjoy Arnold Murray's show.
I've seen and met Kent Hovind. 
For the most part though, outside of entertainment value, I have no use for preachers.

I certainly disagree about the "unerring authoritative figures" part. That, to me, is why Bible study is so important. Any preacher worth his salt would encourage his congregation to study the Scriptures for themselves, as Paul mentions in the New Testament:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth - 2 Tim 2:15

If a minister is saying something that someone doesn't believe meshes with Scripture, it would behoove that someone to check it out. Most of the pastors I've met have been very friendly and haven't shied away from any questions, regarding certain issues in the Bible.

Back to the topic, the TV show, "Who is This Jesus? Is He Risen?", if it's on this weekend (or next), I hope you guys get to watch. Again, I've seen it several times and find it quite interesting.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »
It's the weekend before Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday (bka Easter). Has anyone had the chance to see "Who Is This Jesus? Is He Risen?"

This is normally when it comes on the air, but I'm not sure if the schedule is still the same since the death of Dr. D. James Kennedy.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 07:24:18 AM »
It's the weekend before Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday (bka Easter). Has anyone had the chance to see "Who Is This Jesus? Is He Risen?"

This is normally when it comes on the air, but I'm not sure if the schedule is still the same since the death of Dr. D. James Kennedy.
He's earning from beyond the grave.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »
I'm not sure if the broadcast came on TV or not. But, while looking at some other items, I found that someone was nice enough to put the show on YouTube. Whoever did this busted it up into six parts.

Here's part one:

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »
I figured with Ressurection Day/Easter coming up next week, I'd bump this topic back up. It usually air about a week before the Good Friday weekend.

But, I'm not sure how (or if) this special is still being aired, since the death of Dr. D. James Kennedy. I have it on videotape. But, I also have the link to the YouTube posting.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »
I figured with Ressurection Day/Easter coming up next week, I'd bump this topic back up. It usually air about a week before the Good Friday weekend.

But, I'm not sure how (or if) this special is still being aired, since the death of Dr. D. James Kennedy. I have it on videotape. But, I also have the link to the YouTube posting.

Mythology and Propaganda...at its best.
I hate the State.