Author Topic: You talk about tax cuts and reforms - how about the trillion national debth?  (Read 1197 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
I see so many talk about how the think the taxes are too high.

You fcuking whiners.

And so many bitching about lack of reforms.

Look at what got you there.

There is a 4 trillion national debt, how the hell are you gonna cut taxes when the budget is running negatively every year?

Obviously the national debt needs to be paid off.

One way to do it is to raise taxes (I doubt many are interested in doing that).

One way is to dramatically cut down the costs for the war, for the military that currently costs cerca 30% of the budget.

But tax cuts? Any candidate that talks about tax cuts is fcuking irresponsible.

That's why I think Obama is questionable. He's got a tax cut in his platform.

Clean up the US economy as soon as possible.

Why not a new "New Deal", but this time done to get people to make the leap into the information age, with broadband and 100% WLAN throughout the nation?
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
good post

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

You fcuking whiners.

There is a 4 trillion national debt, how the hell are you gonna cut taxes when the budget is running negatively every year?

One way is to dramatically cut down the costs for the war, for the military that currently costs cerca 30% of the budget.

Why not a new "New Deal", but this time done to get people to make the leap into the information age, with broadband and 100% WLAN throughout the nation?

Tax cuts can actually increase revenues, it's not as simple as Higher Taxes = Higher Revenues. 

You really think Increased tax dollars will go toward balancing the budget?  I look at the state of Utah and the Record revenues they have collected this year.  You know what a surplus brings? Lobbyists.  Shouldn't a surplus go back to the tax payers?  Giving government more tax revenue is like giving a drug addict more drugs.

Every year our government spends the Social Security surplus.  They steal and borrow EVERY penny they can get their hands on and you think the solution is to give them more money?

Until people demand less from government and take responsibility to do more for themselves, our government will continue to grow.

And for the record the national debt is NOWHERE near 4 trillion.  Try 40-50-60 Trillion.

IT CAN NEVER BE PAID OFF !! It is impossible due to the nature of a debt based money supply. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Tax cuts can actually increase revenues, it's not as simple as Higher Taxes = Higher Revenues. 

You really think Increased tax dollars will go toward balancing the budget?  I look at the state of Utah and the Record revenues they have collected this year.  You know what a surplus brings? Lobbyists.  Shouldn't a surplus go back to the tax payers?  Giving government more tax revenue is like giving a drug addict more drugs.

Every year our government spends the Social Security surplus.  They steal and borrow EVERY penny they can get their hands on and you think the solution is to give them more money?

Until people demand less from government and take responsibility to do more for themselves, our government will continue to grow.

And for the record the national debt is NOWHERE near 4 trillion.  Try 40-50-60 Trillion.

IT CAN NEVER BE PAID OFF !! It is impossible due to the nature of a debt based money supply. 

Of course you can't just raise the taxes and then the national debt will be gone.

If you read my post again you will see that I hinted that.

I doubt many are interested in doing that

What you need to do is to cut the costs dramatically in the budget.

You mention how a budget surplus is going to be like giving drugs to a drug addict.

Why then is Norway able to put away close to $50 million a year into a pension fund?

Why have they been able to run a budget surplus for the last 10-15 years?

A fund that currently is nearing $400 million dollars, paying the retirement of the Norwegians.

If Norway can do it, why should not USA be able to do it? A country with a much larger population, and totally independent.

And I was wrong, the debt isn't 4 trillion. It's slightly over 5 trillion.

http://zfacts.com/p/461.html

But you are way off with your 40-50-60 trillion estimate.

But perhaps, that is to be expected from you? :)
As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V

Tax cuts are ALWAYS a net loss to the government's income stream.

Never in the history of the USA has a tax cut paid for itself and provided excess revenue.

As for the Social Security situation, you can thank President Bush and his 1.6 trillion dollar tax cut for that fiasco.

Reagan pre-funded Social Security back in the 1980s by signing the largest tax increase in history.

The 1.6 million "surplus" should have been used for Social Security debt instruments.

Instead, Bush mischaracterized the 1.6 trillion as "your money" and then he proceeded to give an inordinate amount to the very richest in the country.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

You fcuking whiners.

::) ::)

You're the same guy that called Ron Paul a cook. All his predictions have come to fruition.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Tax cuts are ALWAYS a net loss to the government's income stream.

This is just blantant stupidity.

Pittsburgh, Pa (Allegheney County) has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the country.  The place is turning into a ghostown because of it.  After the Washington Post reported on this, the government is lowering tax rates to bring business back into the area and increase government revenue.

There are way too many factors at play to make a statement like you did. 

Decker

• Getbig V
This is just blantant stupidity.

Pittsburgh, Pa (Allegheney County) has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the country.  The place is turning into a ghostown because of it.  After the Washington Post reported on this, the government is lowering tax rates to bring business back into the area and increase government revenue.

There are way too many factors at play to make a statement like you did. 
No there are not too many factors at play to make a statement that tax cuts have always resulted in a loss of revenue to the Government.

That's fact.  Unless of course you can show me otherwise.  I suggest you start with anything written by the Congressional Budget Office.

At first I thought you didn't know what you were talking about.  Now I see that's the case.

You mention that State/municipalities are chucking corporate tax rates to attract business.  Wonderful.  How does that support your nonsensical statement that tax cuts increase tax revenue?

The fact that State/municipalities are rolling over for big business just illustrates our country's race to the bottom.

The big businesses will take the state largesse, provide a few jobs and then promptly relocate when the gravy train stops--i.e., no waivers of environmental regulations, free loans, tax subsidies, tax avoidance etc.

Once Allegheny County is used up, big business's presence will evaporate faster than a Bush Administration promise.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
LOL.   I dont know why ANYONE would call Decker out.......He fucking steamrollers em..... ;D