Author Topic: Brett Favre has RETIRED!  (Read 10481 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Brett Favre has RETIRED!
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 07:32:26 AM »
Rodgers...Aaron Rodgers.

that's right, not brooks.  damn hippy.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 07:33:44 AM »
Rodgers is made of paper and glass so far.  The man cannot string together consecutive games without suffering a season ending injury.

Let's hope that changes.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 07:45:06 AM »
Favre is a legend.

Period.

body88

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 08:12:55 AM »
Haha, now the pats are making qb's retire by singing free agents they wanted!!!

Just kidding, Farve is a legend. and he is one of the greatest to ever play the game.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 08:20:51 AM »
Haha, now the pats are making qb's retire by singing free agents they wanted!!!

Just kidding, Farve is a legend. and he is one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Bullshit! >:(
the Giants retired him on his own turf,the frozen tundra of Lambuae field!

just kidding,an all time great ;D

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 08:57:02 AM »

Bullshit! >:(
the Giants retired him on his own turf,the frozen tundra of Lambuae field!

just kidding,an all time great ;D
He lost the fire years ago.  I remember a game against MN where he could have had an Elway moment but instead of diving into the endzone, he underhanded the ball into the stands.  Since that point, when winning the game was not easy or his physical well-being was challenged, he'd become an interception machine.

I hate to say it, but he hung around for the records.  It was a matter of coincidence that his last year was almost a superbowl year.

It's strange to see a quarterback dilemma in GB though.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 09:17:09 AM »
about time he retired.

A great, consistent QB.

He is up there with the greats of football.

body88

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 09:44:28 AM »
He lost the fire years ago.  I remember a game against MN where he could have had an Elway moment but instead of diving into the endzone, he underhanded the ball into the stands.  Since that point, when winning the game was not easy or his physical well-being was challenged, he'd become an interception machine.

I hate to say it, but he hung around for the records.  It was a matter of coincidence that his last year was almost a superbowl year.

I have the same fears.... It will be strange when Brady is no longer playing for the pats... Same things goes for the colts, it will be strange to see another player tossing the rock aside from the all time greats we are talking about...

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 09:59:20 AM »

What's the dilemma? Rodgers is now the starter. He was going to be soon enough and he's been groomed for the role for the last 3 years.

He's 24 years old and ready to saddle up. I think he'll do pretty well and I see the Packers being a playoff team in '09. Steady defense(even though they need to get younger at the cornerback position), talented receiving core, talented young running back. I don't see much of a drop off with Favre retiring IMO. He's was slinging way too many INT's for the last few years anyway.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »
What's the dilemma? Rodgers is now the starter. He was going to be soon enough and he's been groomed for the role for the last 3 years.

He's 24 years old and ready to saddle up. I think he'll do pretty well and I see the Packers being a playoff team in '09. Steady defense(even though they need to get younger at the cornerback position), talented receiving core, talented young running back. I don't see much of a drop off with Favre retiring IMO. He's was slinging way too many INT's for the last few years anyway.
After Rodgers is knocked out for the season in the first pre-season game of '08, we will have a problem.  Rodgers has a durability rating of about 48 in Madden terms.  The guy cannot stay healthy.  When he does play, he's not bad.  He's certainly good enough to help GB win the NFC North.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »
I have the same fears.... It will be strange when Brady is no longer playing for the pats... Same things goes for the colts, it will be strange to see another player tossing the rock aside from the all time greats we are talking about...
I used to identify teams that way as well back when I first started watching football.  The Steelers were Bradshaw, Cowboys-Staubach, Skins--theismann, Giants--Simms, Eagles--Jaworski.

I love the continuity that a franchise quarterback brings to a team.  I still do.

I don't want to sound like a sentimental fool, but I will miss #4 next season.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 11:26:10 AM »
He'll be back.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 11:27:25 AM »
After Rodgers is knocked out for the season in the first pre-season game of '08, we will have a problem.  Rodgers has a durability rating of about 48 in Madden terms.  The guy cannot stay healthy.  When he does play, he's not bad.  He's certainly good enough to help GB win the NFC North.

Dude.....give me a break. He hasn't had enough starts to be deemed injury prone yet.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
Dude.....give me a break. He hasn't had enough starts to be deemed injury prone yet.

On November 19, 2006, Rodgers broke his left foot against the New England Patriots in a 35-0 defeat at home while filling in for an injured Brett Favre and missed the remainder of the 2006 season. Rodgers made a full recovery and was ready for the start of the 2007 season.

Rodgers stepped in for Favre when the latter was injured in the second quarter against the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday Night Football on November 29th, 2007.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Rodgers

He's played in two regular season games and was knocked out for the season in both games.  That does not bode well for 2008.

I also think Brett might do a 180 and return.

I read the comments from Bus Cook, his agent, and he said that Brett wants to play but that the packers did not make him feel welcome.

Whatever the hell that means.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 12:41:48 PM »
The mantle has been handed down. It's time for a new QB in Green Bay. I mean, Favre can't play forever, right?

Packers fans have to get used to the idea at some point that Favre will no longer be the QB.

body88

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »
I used to identify teams that way as well back when I first started watching football.  The Steelers were Bradshaw, Cowboys-Staubach, Skins--theismann, Giants--Simms, Eagles--Jaworski.

I love the continuity that a franchise quarterback brings to a team.  I still do.

I don't want to sound like a sentimental fool, but I will miss #4 next season.

You don't sound like a fool at all. At some point, every Pats fan and colts fan in America will be thinking the same thing...

I wish the best of luck to the Farve, he was a true champion of the game.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
yay no more hearing about madden and the espn cronies man crush on him and no more of this yearly "is brett coming back" drama :D

E
E

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 10:50:04 PM »
In the mid ´90ies they used to have a stat about Favre being near undefeated in subzero temperatures.

So, to me it looked like he's done. Freezing cold, overtime and an erratic IC throw.

I'd wager he'll still be back.