Author Topic: According to Palumbo, only 8g of protein is absorbed per hour ?!?!?!  (Read 9487 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: According to Palumbo, only 8g of protein is absorbed per hour ?!?!?!
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »
so u are a believer in dante's theory that with strength comes size..and focus on strength?
well i can agree with dante on that one.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 12:05:13 PM »
its not dantes theory. its reality.

whats yoru thoughts on stimulating hypertrophy then? simply lift heavy?

honestly. i would like to know your thoughts on this,.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 12:07:14 PM »
okay. so what does that mean? sure...everything has to get absorbed somewhere. but the point is..its PRE DIGESTED..so the digestion process does not have to take place. thus, the wqhole"8 grams every hour" rate lmiting concept is thrown out the window.

hint: pre-digested food products still have to be digested. if they didn't, you would be dead. ;)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »
lool...okay, so what happens during  "digestion" then, huh?

they are simply absorbed..

the rate limiting concept stems from the idea that it takes alot of time and energy to break down and digest amino acids from whole food protien sources..

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »
the fact is bodybuilders dont know shit about nuttin. they dont understand nutrition or training, and anytime that i can be bothered to log on here (almost never these days) i see the same bs discussed. (gotta eat every three hours, is this a good chest routine? bla bla)

bodybuilding is all drugs, and the drugs mask all the mistakes they do. so they really havent got a reason to learn anything new.
awesome.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
hahaha candizzle probably has his buddies 'pre digest' his food i.e. eat it then throw it up.  This way it will absorb straight into the blood stream right candizzle? like by pass all digestion.  in fact i heard if you inject it into the muscle you skip that whole 'digestion' process and just build mass.  
Abandon every hope...

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »
hahaha candizzle probably has his buddies 'pre digest' his food i.e. eat it then throw it up.  This way it will absorb straight into the blood stream right candizzle? like by pass all digestion.  in fact i heard if you inject it into the muscle you skip that whole 'digestion' process and just build mass. 
are you implying that candidcumgazzler sucks the goo out of other men cocks to get his protein "unalterated"?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 12:30:06 PM »
hahaha candizzle probably has his buddies 'pre digest' his food i.e. eat it then throw it up.  This way it will absorb straight into the blood stream right candizzle? like by pass all digestion.  in fact i heard if you inject it into the muscle you skip that whole 'digestion' process and just build mass.  

never ceases to amaze me the stupidity and naivety of some people.

mr candizzie, do you actually believe that a man made laboratory is going to do a better job of digesting and assimilating protein into amino acids than a healthy human digestive system can???

may i suggest that IF it actually could there would be no need for anabolic drugs in the first place. :-\

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 01:11:08 PM »
"I'm not a big fan of taking specific amino acids pre post and intra workouts. When dieting, just space your meals according to your workouts. If you're eating the right amount of protein and fats, you won't lose muscle. Remember, that food protein gets absorbed at 8g protein per hour, therefore, 1/2lb red meat takes about 6 hours to completely assimilate........ that means you'll have a constant trickle of amino acids into the bloodstream during that time."

so anybody only needs 192gr of protein per day ?
seems really low

Palumbo isn't very smart when it comes to science, whether it be nutrition or anabolics. I could take virtually any of his posts on his thread on MD forums and point out obvious made up BS. Someone like Layne Norton would have a field day with Palumbo if he wasn't afraid of upsetting him and the rest of MD.

Anyone know if his claim of having been in med school is factual? I kind of doubt it reading his posts.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »
if you are dieting there is no better meal than 50 grams egg whites, as much broccoli as you can eat, and 10 grams efa's..(id go with 6 omega-3, 3 omega-6, 1 omega-9.)

is this why you are so MASSIVE?

best try a different approach, cupcake.
b

Stavios

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 01:32:09 PM »
Palumbo isn't very smart when it comes to science, whether it be nutrition or anabolics. I could take virtually any of his posts on his thread on MD forums and point out obvious made up BS. Someone like Layne Norton would have a field day with Palumbo if he wasn't afraid of upsetting him and the rest of MD.

Anyone know if his claim of having been in med school is factual? I kind of doubt it reading his posts.

you seem very knowledgeable Van, are you a competitive bodybuilder ?

seems like you know your shit

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 01:35:32 PM »
Protein is important, but I don't think that megadoses are needed - but that's just my oppinion.
I eat 100g a day + lot's of olive oil.

p.s.: that's why I'm a tiny tit  ;D

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 01:40:51 PM »
Palumbo knows his shit. I'd trust him.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »
you seem very knowledgeable Van, are you a competitive bodybuilder ?

seems like you know your shit
No I'm not a competitor. It's pretty easy to see who knows what they are talking about if you have an interest in these things. I've said it before, I'm sure Palumbo has tons of experience with drugs and diets and that's great and valuable as hell if you need a coach. But I have a problem with the claims that are pulled out of thin air. Especially when it's someone who supposedly went to medical school, learned the scientific method, etc.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »
never ceases to amaze me the stupidity and naivety of some people.

mr candizzie, do you actually believe that a man made laboratory is going to do a better job of digesting and assimilating protein into amino acids than a healthy human digestive system can???

may i suggest that IF it actually could there would be no need for anabolic drugs in the first place. :-\

The scary thing is, he actually adopts an aggressive and authoritative tone when posting about various aspects of dieting and nutrition, like he's some sort of expert - except an expert would never assume such a tone. Most of the key / scientific words and terms in his posts are consistently spelt wrong and used in the wrong contexts leading me to believe he doesn't even read properly, let alone comprehend it to a significant extent. He makes statements like, "You know what Insulin is? It's your body telling you that you shouldn't be eating meat because ten million years ago your ancestors were eating plants" and so on - might be acceptable to a bewildered fat, elderly housewife who has no clue about such things, but certainly not here in Getbig where people like you and Van B post.

And it's very obvious to anyone reading the kid's posts that he has ZERO knowledge about the basics of biochemistry and physiology and what have you. His saying pre-digested protein doesn't need to be digested because it's "instantized" is a typical example of the kind of expertise / knowledge he possesses. Watch out if you point it out though - the tough guy is gonna call you a motherf*cker ::)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 03:48:58 PM »
The workout shake thing could be useful if you started training first thing in the morning on an empty stomach

I've been trying out the intra workout shakes, along wit pre and post. I have to say I like 'em. The pump I get is ridiculous. I feel I'm recovering a bit better and from the looks in the mirror, I'd have to say I believe in them. Do I think they'll add 20lbs of muscle? Hardly. But I also think you'll hold onto more muscle when dieting and may maintain a fuller look.

... I've never heard of the "8 grams of protein per hour" rule?  I would love for Dave to reference the study that showed this.

Me too. 8)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 04:05:33 PM »
palumbo is very smart. i look up to him in many areas...mostly knowledge of anabolics.  ;D    BUT, he is of point on the workout nutrition.

the thing is...bcaa's can be instantized. leuicine can be intsantized. whey is pre digested.  all of these will hit the blood stream immideitly. like he said....WHOLE FOODS take long time to digest.   shakes are not whole food!

AND there is a huge great deal of science supporting having concentrated amounts of aminos, specifically bcaa's and leucine, during and immidietly post workout.     

Just because amino acids hits the bloodstream, doesn't mean it will all be utilized as protein, most of it in any excess is converted to glucose.

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 04:56:11 PM »
Most of the proteins we eat is burned as calories, most likely you`ll assimilate only 15% and convert the rest to calories. So if you eat 50g protein your body would assimilate 7.5g to 8g. Dipend on the sours of the protein sum will digest as quick as 20 minutes sum longer.

I hope this help.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »
"I'm not a big fan of taking specific amino acids pre post and intra workouts. When dieting, just space your meals according to your workouts. If you're eating the right amount of protein and fats, you won't lose muscle. Remember, that food protein gets absorbed at 8g protein per hour, therefore, 1/2lb red meat takes about 6 hours to completely assimilate........ that means you'll have a constant trickle of amino acids into the bloodstream during that time."

seems really low

Anyone who believes a thing Palumbo says needs to have a brain examination.....

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »
The scary thing is, he actually adopts an aggressive and authoritative tone when posting about various aspects of dieting and nutrition, like he's some sort of expert - except an expert would never assume such a tone. Most of the key / scientific words and terms in his posts are consistently spelt wrong and used in the wrong contexts leading me to believe he doesn't even read properly, let alone comprehend it to a significant extent. He makes statements like, "You know what Insulin is? It's your body telling you that you shouldn't be eating meat because ten million years ago your ancestors were eating plants" and so on - might be acceptable to a bewildered fat, elderly housewife who has no clue about such things, but certainly not here in Getbig where people like you and Van B post.

And it's very obvious to anyone reading the kid's posts that he has ZERO knowledge about the basics of biochemistry and physiology and what have you. His saying pre-digested protein doesn't need to be digested because it's "instantized" is a typical example of the kind of expertise / knowledge he possesses. Watch out if you point it out though - the tough guy is gonna call you a motherf*cker ::)
MOTHER FUCKER!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »
okay. so what does that mean? sure...everything has to get absorbed somewhere. but the point is..its PRE DIGESTED..so the digestion process does not have to take place. thus, the wqhole"8 grams every hour" rate lmiting concept is thrown out the window.

Oh cumdrizzle, what is to become of cumdrizzle?
I hate the State.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 08:36:43 PM »
dave hands down knows his shit if more woul listen to him there would be more in shape guys out there, but when he yells you dont need more then 10mcg of igf everyone laughs or when he says 400mg of test a week is plenty noone listens

yes he made his mistakes but after working with tons of people he knows what works and what dont

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2008, 09:25:06 PM »
dave hands down knows his shit if more woul listen to him there would be more in shape guys out there, but when he yells you dont need more then 10mcg of igf everyone laughs or when he says 400mg of test a week is plenty noone listens

yes he made his mistakes but after working with tons of people he knows what works and what dont
Iv read where he says anything less than 1000mg a week of test is a waste  ???

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2008, 11:00:30 PM »

seems really low

Gaylord Palumbo has being drinking protein straight from the tap, and when he finally sees evidence that he's been wrong through all the years, he can't admit he's been wrong.

Instead tries to backtrack his ass out of it.

Pathetic.
As empty as paradise

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2008, 11:08:33 PM »

Gaylord Palumbo has being drinking protein straight from the tap, and when he finally sees evidence that he's been wrong through all the years, he can't admit he's been wrong.

Instead tries to backtrack his ass out of it.

Pathetic.

'1/2 a lb of red meat takes approx 6 hrs...'

that right there was plucked straight from the rectum. he has absolutely and utterly no science whatsoever to back that statement up.

he should start selling supplements. ;D