Author Topic: Insane prices of Protein Powder  (Read 4519 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Insane prices of Protein Powder
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 06:50:58 PM »
hey man gotta pay a little extra for quality..i switched over to atlarge nutrition and sure it's more expensive but so is gas.. and i get more enjoyment out of a jug of protien than 30bucks in my damn tank now! It's just part of it! If i'm going to spend the money as least I know i'm getting good stuff for what I pay...there's plenty of junk out there for sure.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
hey man gotta pay a little extra for quality..i switched over to atlarge nutrition and sure it's more expensive but so is gas.. and i get more enjoyment out of a jug of protien than 30bucks in my damn tank now! It's just part of it! If i'm going to spend the money as least I know i'm getting good stuff for what I pay...there's plenty of junk out there for sure.

Not necessarily!!! Soon, I'll be heading for Vitamin Shoppe to either get some Whey Tech OR (if they have any protein on clearance) another protein powder.

And, there's always Wal-Mart, who sells Body Fortress Whey protein for $12-$13 for 2-lb jugs. And, Body Fortress protein has added creatine to it.

For those on a budget, I'd also recommend Body Fortress Creatine as well, sold for the same price.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
loco, I got universal's chocolate and strawberry from DPS. They're pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 03:35:11 PM »
i just moved back to So Cal from a land far away and went into my local Nutri-Shop. The "registered nutritionist" working the counter was kind of a tool. but the prices were actually pretty good and they had a nice selection of stuff

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 03:39:40 PM »
Not necessarily!!! Soon, I'll be heading for Vitamin Shoppe to either get some Whey Tech OR (if they have any protein on clearance) another protein powder.

And, there's always Wal-Mart, who sells Body Fortress Whey protein for $12-$13 for 2-lb jugs. And, Body Fortress protein has added creatine to it.

For those on a budget, I'd also recommend Body Fortress Creatine as well, sold for the same price.

tech is cheap but tastes like shit adn clumps too much for my tastes... i don't trust shit that walmart sells. i'd check the ingredients to see where exactly you're getting your protien from as well.. higher quality shit will give it to you from different sources while the cheaper stuff might have the same amount but it could come from shitty sources or even worse production leading to an inferior product. I like something that not only loads FAST but also has protien sources in it that will slowly be taken in over time. Whey/Casein blend is perfect.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 07:49:58 AM »
tech is cheap but tastes like shit adn clumps too much for my tastes... i don't trust shit that walmart sells. i'd check the ingredients to see where exactly you're getting your protien from as well.. higher quality shit will give it to you from different sources while the cheaper stuff might have the same amount but it could come from shitty sources or even worse production leading to an inferior product. I like something that not only loads FAST but also has protien sources in it that will slowly be taken in over time. Whey/Casein blend is perfect.

Whey Tech isn't alright to me (at least, the vanilla-flavored one is). As for Body Fortress' wares, Wal-Mart isn't the only place that sells it (though it's easy to find there). I think most of the whey protein is concentrate in that brand. Still, considering the price hikes from other whey products, Body Fortress may be a good option for those with limited funds.

It's been three months, since I've had to buy any protein, thanks to all the stuff I got on clearance sale from Vitamin Shoppe (three jugs of HDT 5+1 Whey protein @ $10 each) plus a 6-lb bag of EAS 100% Whey Protein from Sam's Club for $28.

Now, that I'm almost out, I'm beginning to see why so many people are lamenting about the price of protein.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 08:00:48 AM »
WickedTruth,

Perhaps, you can endure the taste of Whey Tech, after checking out Vitamin Shoppe's promo (see my thread)!!!  ;D

BTW, were you using regular Whey Tech or Whey Tech Pro 24?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 05:38:02 AM »
loco, I got universal's chocolate and strawberry from DPS. They're pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation!

You are welcome columbusdude82!  Glad you like them!   :)

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 11:06:42 AM »
eas 6 lb bags at costco and Bj's 33.99

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 11:23:25 AM »
You are welcome columbusdude82!  Glad you like them!   :)

Loco,

You might want to check out the Vitamin Shoppe promo, as well.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
Loco,

You might want to check out the Vitamin Shoppe promo, as well.

Yup, ever since you mentioned Vitamin Shoppe deals I've been planning to check it out next time I'm close to being out of protein.  Thanks MCWAY!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »
Yup, ever since you mentioned Vitamin Shoppe deals I've been planning to check it out next time I'm close to being out of protein.  Thanks MCWAY!

You're welcome. Keep in mind that the April promo is NOT limited to just protein. It applies for ALL Vitamin Shoppe-brand products (including BodyTech).

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=208260.0