Author Topic: Q for Chick - Kai's music getting cut off  (Read 2071 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Q for Chick - Kai's music getting cut off
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:47:06 PM »
If Kai's music was cut off due to a 3 minute "rule" why wasn't it enforced
during Tamali's 5-6 minute dance routines ?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Q for Chick - Kai's music getting cut off
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 05:22:07 PM »
King has the same time as everyone else....only guest posing routines are allotted for as long as the guest prefers.

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 05:29:09 PM »
King has the same time as everyone else....only guest posing routines are allotted for as long as the guest prefers.

Kamali's 2002 routine was 5-6 minutes long... I can post it right now if you don't believe me. Was the rule the same in 2002?

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 05:31:08 PM »
Homophobia.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:32:12 PM »

King's routine was that long, close to five minutes, and it created a lot of questions as to why it wasnt enforced.  Originally, it was thought that all of the competitors music (they give the team a CD) was three minutes long. They didn't expect King to exceed that and didnt pay attention. Since that contest, all of the music is cut off at three minutes at the Arnold Classic, no exception.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »
King's routine was that long, close to five minutes, and it created a lot of questions as to why it wasnt enforced.  Originally, it was thought that all of the competitors music (they give the team a CD) was three minutes long. They didn't expect King to exceed that and didnt pay attention. Since that contest, all of the music is cut off at three minutes at the Arnold Classic, no exception.

It's clear now, thanks.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »
King's routine was that long, close to five minutes, and it created a lot of questions as to why it wasnt enforced.  Originally, it was thought that all of the competitors music (they give the team a CD) was three minutes long. They didn't expect King to exceed that and didnt pay attention. Since that contest, all of the music is cut off at three minutes at the Arnold Classic, no exception.

That, and the fact that few guys CAN pose for longer than 3 minutes...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 05:54:03 PM »

What would be cool is getting King, Kai and Melvin, clearly three of the top routine posers, a showdown of their own for a few minutes. I think the audience would love that.

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »

What would be cool is getting King, Kai and Melvin, clearly three of the top routine posers, a showdown of their own for a few minutes. I think the audience would love that.

That's a good idea. Personally i'd pick Kai, Darrem, Melvin as the top posers.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 06:06:31 PM »

Hell Ron...you know I've been trying for that for some time now...

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »
tamali did his extended dance routines for more than 1 show, Ron.

now that someone who can actually pose, exceeds 3mins they cut him off.

nice double standard

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 09:26:54 AM »
That, and the fact that few guys CAN pose for longer than 3 minutes...

There's  a difference between posing and gyrating on stage for 5 mintues like a male slut stipper. 

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 09:31:02 AM »

Very cool idea. Ron,shove this idea to those officials!!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 10:08:18 AM »

Why not have then sray their jizz all over the audience once done.  Seriously, what straight male would want to sit through 12 minutes of these clowns gyrating on stage?

AVBG

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »
Chick, you should have helped him out like you did in Colorado last year...  ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 10:27:04 AM »
Seriously, what straight male would want to sit through 12 minutes of these clowns gyrating on stage?

It is a routine, set to music, and it takes time to practice. Showcasing the physique. Not a stripper club. There is a difference. So get with it.  It would be a cool idea, even for guest posing.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 10:42:35 AM »
It is a routine, set to music, and it takes time to practice. Showcasing the physique. Not a stripper club. There is a difference. So get with it.  It would be a cool idea, even for guest posing.

no way a straight guy would enjoy watching another guy with huge muscles wearing nothing but a thong and dancing around

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 10:47:05 AM »
Hmmmm...a muscular man...performing a routine...set to music...without any clothes on except a g-string posing trunks...showcasing the physique...but instead of a stripper club in front of screaming women, they do it in an auditorium in front of screaming men...Hey, you're right! There IS a difference!

Undercover Schmoe
BigNationRadio.com

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 10:58:43 AM »
Hmmmm...a muscular man...performing a routine...set to music...without any clothes on except a g-string posing trunks...showcasing the physique...but instead of a stripper club in front of screaming women, they do it in an auditorium in front of screaming men...Hey, you're right! There IS a difference! Undercover Schmoe

Jason, don't tell me you go to a lot of swimming and diving meets too. You seem such an expert on these stripper clubs. Did you get all excited during the posing round??? Come on now, get with it! Bodybuilders are on that stage on show their conditioning, overall physique and muscularity. Set with good music, a good routine, and it makes the evening show entertaining.  The Arnold Classic is a great show!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »
Jason, don't tell me you go to a lot of swimming and diving meets too. You seem such an expert on these stripper clubs. Did you get all excited during the posing round??? Come on now, get with it! Bodybuilders are on that stage on show their conditioning, overall physique and muscularity. Set with good music, a good routine, and it makes the evening show entertaining.  The Arnold Classic is a great show!
Meltdown.

I don't go to swimming and diving meets, but I do go to stripper clubs like Chippendales all the time. Front row tickets are much less than the Arnold and I get to actually touch the guys!

Sweet!
BigNationRadio.com

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »
Watching Kai do his routine made me wonder, did he smoke crack or pop and E before he came out on stage?!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 12:55:21 PM »
Although some of the moves Kai does are a bit too gay he really is a great poser. Kamali and Melvin don't even come close. The Dirty Diana routine Kai did (the first part) was the greatest posing routine of recent times IMO.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 03:36:48 PM »

sorry Ron ,but shari and kai are an embarassing to bodybuilding

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »
btw, bbing is suppose to be a profitional compitition not a circus show

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 09:15:34 PM »
fruit-o-rama