Author Topic: bodybuilding.com webcast (Question)  (Read 1894 times)

latman1

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
bodybuilding.com webcast (Question)
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:24:18 PM »
I have a question for any getbig techies. I hooked up my laptop to my 62 inch TV To watch the webcast of the Arnold Classic and it worked very well on the medium quality, but when I tried to watch it in the high quality it kept freezing up. The high quality picture was very nice ( The medium was just OK), but it would only work for seconds at a time. Is this because my comp isn't capable of handling it, or does it have something to do with the TV.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: bodybuilding.com webcast (Question)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 05:19:16 PM »
Neither

It is due to the inability of your internet connection to sustain the constant transfer rate required. 

Medium quality = less being transfered.  Thus, it works perfectly.

Bodybuilding.com Webmaster

• Getbig II
  • The World's Most Visited Bodybuilding Site
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 05:20:11 PM »
I have a question for any getbig techies. I hooked up my laptop to my 62 inch TV To watch the webcast of the Arnold Classic and it worked very well on the medium quality, but when I tried to watch it in the high quality it kept freezing up. The high quality picture was very nice ( The medium was just OK), but it would only work for seconds at a time. Is this because my comp isn't capable of handling it, or does it have something to do with the TV.

I would suggest downloading the file (directly below the embeded player) and trying that.  It was over 900mb for the large file...

WW
Most Popular BB Site Online!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 05:24:27 PM »
I would suggest downloading the file (directly below the embeded player) and trying that.  It was over 900mb for the large file...

WW

That will work but obviously will not in any way solve his problem of watching live high quality streams.

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »
That will work but obviously will not in any way solve his problem of watching live high quality streams.

It is a solution.  The better solution would be to upgrade your computer with a good video card and upgrade your internet connection speeds.

Im running at 3MB at it is smooth on a 64bit, dual core, 3800 processor with 4 gigs of ram (video card is 2gb).

WW

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 05:40:55 PM »
It is a solution.  The better solution would be to upgrade your computer with a good video card and upgrade your internet connection speeds.

Im running at 3MB at it is smooth on a 64bit, dual core, 3800 processor with 4 gigs of ram (video card is 2gb).

WW

Great Will...now that you're here...maybe you can enlighten the peanut gallery that the numbers I gave out on the webcast are accurate...

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 05:45:36 PM »

WW

That isn't the better solution.  That is straight up bad advice.  I'm a little weirded out by how little you know about computers considering you're the webmaster.  Computers in 2000 could capably handle your high quality stream with no problems.  Video playback on video cards has been stable as a rock for just as long.  You sound like you have been sold some serious bullshit by an incredibly awesome salesman. 

The only issue is his internet connection.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »
That isn't the better solution.  That is straight up bad advice.  I'm a little weirded out by how little you know about computers considering you're the webmaster.  Computers in 2000 could capably handle your high quality stream with no problems.  Video playback on video cards has been stable as a rock for just as long.  You sound like you have been sold some serious bullshit by an incredibly awesome salesman. 

The only issue is his internet connection.

haha yeah finally a worth comment. Im amazed bodybuilding.com claims they had like 100k people watching the arnold and their colo is not even hosted at l3.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 06:35:31 PM »

WW

although dual core processors are cheap now not everyone has one, you guys should know that, and your customers cant afford 4 Gig or Ram after they spent all their hard earned baby sitting money on protein powders and Gaikik.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 07:08:48 PM »
although dual core processors are cheap now not everyone has one, you guys should know that, and your customers cant afford 4 Gig or Ram after they spent all their hard earned baby sitting money on protein powders and Gaikik.

Thats irrelevant anyway, you don't need either.

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 07:10:56 PM »
haha yeah finally a worth comment. Im amazed bodybuilding.com claims they had like 100k people watching the arnold and their colo is not even hosted at l3.

We have everything tagged and tracked using Omniture.  The numbers that Bob gave are accurate.

I will add a full detailed report on Thursday night/Friday morning with how the rest of the numbers were. 

WW