Author Topic: Why I prefer shows like the Col Pro to the ASC or Olympia  (Read 2289 times)

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: Why I prefer shows like the Col Pro to the ASC or Olympia
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 07:47:38 AM »
It is time for change at the Arnold.  The crowds have outgrown the current set-up, which has been in place for years.  Going to the expo on Saturday is almost impossible, and I'm surprised there isn't a fire marshall shutting it down.  Some of the sports in the convention center need to be moved to allow the main expo hall to expand and accommodate the crowd.   

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 08:01:01 AM »
Since my older sis lives in Columbus now, I will go to the ASC ,but won't go the expo on saturday due to the packed crowd. I will go BOTH finals (fri and sat) at the Vet theatre however.
I will be going to more IFBB pro events this year, but, the olympia won't be one of them.
Howard

Post up a picture of your sister.  Was she really one of the women on that HBO special "Hookers at the Point"?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 09:27:08 AM »
The Arnold is still my favorite. The varieties is what make the even so huge. we already have the Olympia, there is no need to have another show exactly like the O. Yes, the Expo is hugely overcrowded and not many of us like to see somebody breathing in our face, but I guess with 100,000+ people, we expected this kind of thing.
Get Big, or Die Trying

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 06:12:14 PM »
The Olympia has the benefit of being in Sin City, not to mention its expo is not nearly as crowded as the Arnold. You're missing out if you're spending money travelling around to second-rate events yet not attending the Olympia.
Vegas is a great location overall, but, I think some may be missing my main idea here.
The Col Pro had a great line up on stage without the densly packed mob scene of the ASC expo or Olympia in Vegas.
Denver is a great place to vacation in the summer and one big perk is spending a few days up in the Rocky Mt National Park , 70 miles NW of Denver.
I look at the OVERall experience when I go on a trip , not just one factor.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »