Author Topic: Can someone please explain how the votes are counted..delegates/super del?????  (Read 1099 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
just a little confused on how it all works! how much value is placed on each? are there diff. amounts of delegates per state? what is a delegate? Thanks.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
A delegate is a person who is generally empowered to represent a larger group. Every state has different amount of delegates. Delegates are either bound or unbound to a particular canidate. Unbound delegates havent chosen a particular canidate and even bound delegates can change their vote at the convention, if there is a brokered convention, (meaning no canidate was able to get the pre-requisite number of total delegates to win the nomination.)

The mass media says McCain has enough delegates to win the nomination of the Republican Party based on predictions, (exit polls) but some people don't think he has  because there are still caucausus happening where delegates are still being picked.  The mass media reports that all unbound delegates will be voting for McCain but that may not be neccessarily true. (To that effect, he may not even have enough delegates to actually be the winner, that will be announced at the convention, nearly 7 months away). From what I understand even bound delegates can change their vote, although some disagree. If someone knows more about this I would love to hear it.

The voting proccess is complicated, (on purpose, no doubt).

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

The fact that I *never* heard the term 'superdelegate' before this election is just further evidence of how corrupt the power elite are. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
It's how hilary may be able to weasel her way to the TOP of the ticket despite having fewer states, fewer votes.  More people may vote for Obama, but that can be overridden by those in power, friends of the Clintons from over the years.

dov

• Getbig IV

War-Horse

• Getbig V
As you can see this is another step towards Bush/Fascism.....Whatever it is its not what the fathers had planned. :-\

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Im so glad that you asked this question.

I would really like to know how many who vote even know how the electoral system works?

I would be exceptionally receptive to the answers that people who rip on Ron Paul have to add to this question.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
It's how hilary may be able to weasel her way to the TOP of the ticket despite having fewer states, fewer votes.  More people may vote for Obama, but that can be overridden by those in power, friends of the Clintons from over the years.

Could you explain how exactly?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Could you explain how exactly?

Yes.  She will have more superdelegates.  She can convince them to jump, and she has the lead already.
Obama leads in everything else - popular, state, and delegates, winning by a 600k popular vote margin.

Once the DNC is in charge of the process, it becomes a 'battle of the resumes' in which party leaders Dean, Kerry, Gore, and other wise men sit down and find a solution.  If the has momentum and Obama's lack of foreign policy experience has become painfully obvious by then, she can be given top spot.  I've been saying this all along - By december, hilary knew she'd never beat obama for the 2025 required delegates... it was all about limping into the summer convention with a nice resume, and obama's inexperience on highlight.  The rest will be taken care of by the superdelegates - those folks that clinton I treated very nicely while obama was still in diapers.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
plus, hilary won in those states that matter - Ohio, Fl and Penn (well, she will in Penn).  Whoever wins 2 of those in the general wins the election, as 2000 and 2004 showed.

And, she won TX, which couldddddddddddd go Dem this time.  Obama got em up to vote.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
I followed the Republican race a lot more than the Democrats, are "super" delegates something that only Democrats deal with? I have never heard the term used in the Republican race.