Author Topic: PBW: Ms. Olympia - Iris Kyle Speaks Out! (Replay Now Available)  (Read 34933 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: The Iris Kyle interview on Pro BB weekly, my 2 cents
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2008, 07:03:28 PM »
My conclusion is that pro bodybuilding will have to have some drastic legal action taken before they get it together and actually deal with the drug issue. I sincerely hope that the IFBB can put in some preventable measures to avoid this. They have a lot of intelligent minds and could do something practical if they had the collective will. I have been a bodybuilder for over 30 years and am prpud to say it is by far my favorite sport . I am major fan and at a pt in my life where I can afford to attend pro events and enjoy them.
I simply want to see a good show , buy my ticket and meet some pros at events, etc.
I could care less what they do to get ready , but now fear some trouble may be headed our way and I hope I am wrong...who knows.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »
I can't you people can sit through "internet radio" interviews. Incredibly boring.

Then why are YOU listening?   ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
She has moved on to figure and fitness. I could be wrong but I get the impression, that the IFBB pro div would like to end female pro bodybuilding and just have figure take it's place.The fitness is separate due the routine.
I am not hearing any objective criteria used to determine fitness winners, Judge Rinalli is useing a lot of general terms like "stage presence" and various vague terms, criteria.
I have been around the sport of bodybuilding for over 3 decades now. I have been a judge myself for many years.
Yes, their is  basic standard we all try to follow but it is hardly fixed in stone. Some bodybuilder or fitness babe comes in shape, has a good overall look , gets a buzz going when on stage and the show goes their way.

Dude, "fitness and figure" is about POLITICS...hence the vague criteria. It's who's blowing who, who has the right "trainer" or the right "management". It's all a bunch of bullshit.

If they want to get rid of women's bodybuilding, they should do so. Nobody's stopping them. The problem for them is that without bodybuilding, fitness and figure are diminished. Bodybuilding and the "hardcore" physiques are the foundation and where the most rabid shmoes/fans of the women's side of the industry are based.
!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 07:13:41 PM »
Then why are YOU listening?   ::)

LOL, good zinger. Look, I am damn near 50 yrs old and feel like a young buck just starting my bodybuilding days when I listen in each MON night at 8 pm. It is fun and if you are true fan of bodybuilding you love the sport and finding out about it. If bodybuilding bores ya, you are not a fan, pretty simple.
Howard

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 07:19:19 PM »
Dude, "fitness and figure" is about POLITICS...hence the vague criteria. It's who's blowing who, who has the right "trainer" or the right "management". It's all a bunch of bullshit.

If they want to get rid of women's bodybuilding, they should do so. Nobody's stopping them. The problem for them is that without bodybuilding, fitness and figure are diminished. Bodybuilding and the "hardcore" physiques are the foundation and where the most rabid shmoes/fans of the women's side of the industry are based.

Hmmm, some good food for thought in your post here.
I am sure that some of that stuff makes a difference. BUT, as an actual NPC jdge for many years, I can tell you that it is not some backroom conspiracy based on who knows who, etc.
It is more about who has the best ideal "look" and yes "sex appeal" on stage that day.
Sometimes agirl gets a buzz going around her and she seems to get more attention, etc.
Some of you make this judging thing way more "political" and complicated than it actually is, trust me.
I used to judge the old AAU Mr Ms America as well.
Judging is not science with this clear, precise standard. It is also an art and subjective. We do the best we can to pick the best physique we observe on stage that day, no more, no less.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2008, 07:23:39 PM »
Oh , just one more thing. NPC pres Jim Manion had the right idea years ago when he started the drug tested Team Universe along with the NON tested reg national shows.
This along with fitness, figure , masters, novice and teen allows for EVERY man or woman to compete in a show suited for them all the way from local to national level.

The sad thing is that congress is now involved along with a steroid crazed media .
I sincerely do wish that drugs in bodybuilding could be left up to the individual and the Government would just leave us all alone on this topic.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
Re: Iris Kyle getting all riled up
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2008, 07:27:34 PM »
EVERY female pro bodybuilder uses steroids and they decide to single her out?  ???

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2008, 07:29:11 PM »
Hmmm, some good food for thought in your post here.
I am sure that some of that stuff makes a difference. BUT, as an actual NPC jdge for many years, I can tell you that it is not some backroom conspiracy based on who knows who, etc.
It is more about who has the best ideal "look" and yes "sex appeal" on stage that day.
Sometimes agirl gets a buzz going around her and she seems to get more attention, etc.
Some of you make this judging thing way more "political" and complicated than it actually is, trust me.
Bullshit. There is a reason "Oddo's Angels", Mike Davies' trained girls, and those under Manion Jr. Management consistently win shows. P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S, baby. Everyone knows this.
!

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2008, 07:34:29 PM »
More gems...

"I should have come in first place."

"No man would have been marked down the way I have."

"No one in the audience noticed the bumps."

"I set the standard."

"I felt like I was judged, like, they didn't know what they was doing." (the judges)

um thats not true, this figure chick i was hanging out with ;) went to that show and said she could see a huge white boil on her ass check, and she was grossed out by it! And people in the crowd were in shock that she even went on stage with that on her ass cheek.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
Re: "I'm a goddess" - Iris Kyle
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »
oh brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

she says the top 5 winners at the female O shouild get free magazine subscriptions.

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Well it would be a step up from the current prive money  ;D

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2008, 07:38:27 PM »
Iris is hardcore. I give her credit for not being another one of those wannabe feminine types.  She's just straight up HARDCORE! Iris was keepin it real  8)
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2008, 07:39:10 PM »

um thats not true, this figure chick i was hanging out with ;) went to that show and said she could see a huge white boil on her ass check, and she was grossed out by it! And people in the crowd were in shock that she even went on stage with that on her ass cheek.

Pics or it didn't happen, and I'm not talking about Iris Kyle's ass.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »

Very true, women's bodybuilding is still the foundation.  If you go to the women's pre-judging at the Arnold and Olympia, the bodybuilders get the biggest cheer (more than fitness or figure).  With no magazine exposure and only 5 shows/year, they are on life support.  One thing I'd like to see is to take women's pre-judging off the expo stage and put it in the auditorium (like Wayne did a few years back, holding women's pre-judging directly following the press conference).  At least that helps raise the bar on professionalism.     

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: PBW: Ms. Olympia - Iris Kyle Speaks Out! (Replay Now Available)
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2008, 09:07:48 PM »
this is women's bodybuilding

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: "I'm a goddess" - Iris Kyle
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2008, 12:26:17 AM »
& her wig makes her look "feminine"

::)
HAHA, RON.....

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2008, 05:56:16 AM »
Iris Kyle: she's one inspiring man.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »
Bullshit. There is a reason "Oddo's Angels", Mike Davies' trained girls, and those under Manion Jr. Management consistently win shows. P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S, baby. Everyone knows this.
Are you a judge? I am and have been judging shows for YEARS now.
The "politics" word is one that cracks me up. Why? As a judge we do VOTE for the winners and wehre someone places, so of course it is poltics in terms of voting for a winner. In the NPC the scores are the judges placements and the low score wins, pure and simple. There are no individual score points for better calfs or quads, etc.

The more popular girls under various management contracts already have the better "look" or they would never get a contract. There is no back room conspiracy before each show, trust me.
If you have actual prood , shows are fixed, then please give the actual hard evidence.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2008, 03:43:41 PM »
Are you a judge? I am and have been judging shows for YEARS now.
The "politics" word is one that cracks me up. Why? As a judge we do VOTE for the winners and wehre someone places, so of course it is poltics in terms of voting for a winner. In the NPC the scores are the judges placements and the low score wins, pure and simple. There are no individual score points for better calfs or quads, etc.

The more popular girls under various management contracts already have the better "look" or they would never get a contract. There is no back room conspiracy before each show, trust me.
If you have actual prood , shows are fixed, then please give the actual hard evidence.
!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2008, 08:04:20 PM »

Thanks again for the proof of fixed shows and crooked judges.
Seriously, why is it soooooooooooo many worry about the judges being crooked , when the real issue is how none of the bodybuilders follow the actual rules on drugs/banned sustances and the officials ignore it.
I mean c'mon it is like showing up at a ping pong match with a tennis racket and everyone says, " yeah it is kinda crazy playing table tennis with that big a racket, but look at how fast it hits the ball and how massive it looks".  LOL

addictedtoiron

• Getbig I
  • Aint nutt'n but a peanut!!!
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2008, 01:10:21 PM »
Is this where female bodybuilding has gone? Long gone are the days of Corey..  what a shame. When was the last time any of us opened a magazine and saw the picture of a top womans ifbb pro? I sure cant remember... :-\