Author Topic: Does Melvin Anthony still have a 27-inch waistline?  (Read 9230 times)

The Coach

Re: Does Melvin Anthony still have a 27-inch waistline?
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 04:18:51 PM »

all you have is a hard drive full of pics of some fat kid you must beat off to, that you try to pass off as me.

AAhhhh, your the fat kid in the pic, If it weren't you wouldn't have melted down so bad after Pegg owned your ass for 7 pages. Get over it fat boy, you've been exposed!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »
I would tend to doubt even Jones claim. I don't think there ever was a bodybuilder with thighs bigger than their waist. Tons have claimed they do but none verified.

Are you fucking high??????

Arthur Jones was the ONLY person who stated verified measurements.

There are definitely BBers that have 32,33, and even 34 inch thighs, so it would be very possible to have a waist that is smaller than those measurements.

For the record, if you read my post-Jones had ALL the top BBers of the time at Ocala FL at one time or another, and he measured ALL of them.

Arnold's arm, cold was 19 5/8, Sergio's arms, cold, were 20.5. Jones also stated that Sergio was the only pro BBer to have a legitimate 20 inch arm. Since most people measure their arms pumped I do not agree with using a cold measurement.
But those are the facts.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »

Are you fucking high??????

Arthur Jones was the ONLY person who stated verified measurements.

Yes and that's the reason I don't automatically believe it. Was there anyone else present? Remember, Jones also claimed Viator didn't use any hormones during the Colorado Experiment. So he wasn't above bullshit. Do you think Jones' word is enough proof?

There are definitely BBers that have 32,33, and even 34 inch thighs, so it would be very possible to have a waist that is smaller than those measurements.
I haven't seen any proof of any bodybuilder having thighs bigger than their waist. I remember when Steve Neece offered 5K to any bodybuilder who could prove this by letting him tape them. This was after Wheeler claimed some outrageous measurements on stage at the ASC. No takers.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 07:32:45 PM »
how old are you today?
A

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 07:33:20 PM »
Yes and that's the reason I don't automatically believe it. Was there anyone else present? Remember, Jones also claimed Viator didn't use any hormones during the Colorado Experiment. So he wasn't above bullshit. Do you think Jones' word is enough proof?
I haven't seen any proof of any bodybuilder having thighs bigger than their waist. I remember when Steve Neece offered 5K to any bodybuilder who could prove this by letting him tape them. This was after Wheeler claimed some outrageous measurements on stage at the ASC. No takers.

Ellington Darden was there, and wrote this in one/some of the Nautilus books of the 70's.

I have never seen anything written about Casey and that Colorado experiement, and that would therefore include nothing about drugs. It is obvious that Casey was on a serious drug cycle though.

There is no way anyone in TODAYS BBing will have a waist under 32,33 inches-the GH/insulin puts 10 inches on the waist.

I would guess that Tom Platz, Tim Belknap and Jeff King all had legs bigger than their waist.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »
how old are you today?
\

Way past my shelf life.....  ::)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 07:42:14 PM »
AAhhhh, your the fat kid in the pic, If it weren't you wouldn't have melted down so bad after Pegg owned your ass for 7 pages. Get over it fat boy, you've been exposed!

lol...

sorry cupcake, but it was jpegg who got owned when he failed to step up to the bet.

and, you only wish that fat kid was me- i imagine in your eyes it would make being you so much more bearable.

hope this helps.

b

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 08:57:08 PM »
\

Way past my shelf life.....  ::)

not you, i meant coach.
A

The Coach

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 10:10:52 PM »
not you, i meant coach.

45, 46 in August.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »
who the hell wants a 27" waist line, kinda girly if you as me... as long as the bb has proportion, shouldnt matter how wide his waist or hips are.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
who the hell wants a 27" waist line, kinda girly if you as me... as long as the bb has proportion, shouldnt matter how wide his waist or hips are.

You know what, when you look at Brian Buchanons waist it does look very weird, being so small. So I am going to agree, as long as it all flows and fits together-you're cool!

The Coach

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 10:50:39 PM »

Sorry dude, you can't have proportion when the average waist is over 40". Way back when, when bodybuilding was bodybuilding was to keep your waist small. You can't do anything about hip structure but you sure as hell can do something about waist size.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 11:02:23 PM »
Sorry dude, you can't have proportion when the average waist is over 40". Way back when, when bodybuilding was bodybuilding was to keep your waist small. You can't do anything about hip structure but you sure as hell can do something about waist size.

I had a 27 inch waist when I was in highschool, how much strenght or leverage can a dude have with that small a waist.  I just think there has to be room for other types of aesthetics, like Atwood and Federov, who dont have tiny waists but are still great bodybuilders ......just cause someone is born with wide hips shouldnt stop them from being a champion.  However, I am not talking about gh gut here, thats a whole different problem.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 11:07:01 PM »
I had a 27 inch waist when I was in highschool, how much strenght or leverage can a dude have with that small a waist.  I just think there has to be room for other types of aesthetics, like Atwood and Federov, who dont have tiny waists but are still great bodybuilders ......just cause someone is born with wide hips shouldnt stop them from being a champion.  However, I am not talking about gh gut here, thats a whole different problem.

Ahh, where is that pic of Brian Buchanan squatting 500+? And in Melvin Anthony's "Marvelous" vid he's front squatting some serious weight...so there goes that question.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 12:00:50 AM »
Ahh, where is that pic of Brian Buchanan squatting 500+? And in Melvin Anthony's "Marvelous" vid he's front squatting some serious weight...so there goes that question.

I personally saw Brian Buchanonn in 88 or 89 at Gold's, Venice hit 600# squats (6 plates/side) for reps, very strong legs-and the waist held that shit up.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 08:15:26 AM »
Prior to the Arnold, he said that his is 26.5 inches.

The Coach

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »

Again, there is nothing you can do about structure, Atwood and Federov are not known for their asthetics, Atwood had freaky conditioning and was big, thats it. No one (and even the "no one" on this board) cares about their waist size, hardly anyone has anything in the way of true bodybuilding aethetics.

As far as having a small waist for leverage.........this is bodybuilding not powerlifting, who cares?

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2008, 10:27:59 AM »
I doubt its 27 inches now maybe at one time but I think it was said best as ruined his waist and didn't improve much else.  Sad he was one of my favorites

The Coach

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2008, 10:31:10 AM »
I blame Milos for the "expanded" waists in todays BBing.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »
Again, there is nothing you can do about structure, Atwood and Federov are not known for their asthetics, Atwood had freaky conditioning and was big, thats it. No one (and even the "no one" on this board) cares about their waist size, hardly anyone has anything in the way of true bodybuilding aethetics.

As far as having a small waist for leverage.........this is bodybuilding not powerlifting, who cares?

You better not be talking shit about the great Milos Sarcev, them is fighting words brother!@

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 10:32:16 AM »
Nahhhh.. Milos is "The Mind"....

The Coach

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2008, 10:36:36 AM »
This is a joke, right tubby?  :-\

Besides, who are you to judge?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2008, 10:42:17 AM »
This is a joke, right tubby?  :-\

Besides, who are you to judge?

Nope, no joke. Tubby?

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2008, 10:44:48 AM »
anyone can have a small waist when performing a vaccuum pose

pant size is the only legitimate means of measurement