Author Topic: Life Extension Foundation (LEF) cruise  (Read 1995 times)

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
Life Extension Foundation (LEF) cruise
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »
Hello all. Last Oct I was on the Life Extension Foundation (LEF) cruise. If you don’t know the LEF, they are a direct to consumer company that produces supplements, funds research, and other stuff mostly geared toward longevity/anti aging and disease prevention. Regardless of whether or not you use their products or not (and a fair number of people on the cruise were not yet LEF members) the seminars and information presented combined with a cruise was a great idea. Highly recommended, and I am not just saying that because my way was paid for! ☺

Anyway, here is my short write up on the cruise (scroll to the bottom of the page when if you hit the link below) if the idea of combining a learning experience regarding health and a cruise is of interest. I know they plan to have more in the future as this first one was a success…

The Life Extension Inaugural Cruise
“Learning and Fun Aboard the Sun”
By Will Brink

As a long-time member of the Life Extension Foundation and writer for its magazine, one thing I have always appreciated is the creativity of the Foundation when it comes to looking after its members. A great example of this is the exciting new Life Extension cruise, which set sail for the Caribbean in October, 2007. By combining a conference with a great vacation destination as a single package, this inaugural cruise was a smashing success for the Life Extension members lucky enough to attend.

Cont:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/mar2008_In-The_News_02.htm

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Life Extension Foundation (LEF) cruise
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:35:38 PM »
Good company, extremely innovative anti-aging philosopies and products.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »

::)

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
When is the next cruise!??!?!??!?!?!?!??! ;)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »
For life extension. Nothing beats Calorie Restriction. And conveniently these companies have a bunch of "life extending" supplement and snake oils to sell since there is no money in Calorie Restriction... ::)

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »
Hello all. Last Oct I was on the Life Extension Foundation (LEF) cruise. If you don’t know the LEF, they are a direct to consumer company that produces supplements, funds research, and other stuff mostly geared toward longevity/anti aging and disease prevention. Regardless of whether or not you use their products or not (and a fair number of people on the cruise were not yet LEF members) the seminars and information presented combined with a cruise was a great idea. Highly recommended, and I am not just saying that because my way was paid for! ☺

Anyway, here is my short write up on the cruise (scroll to the bottom of the page when if you hit the link below) if the idea of combining a learning experience regarding health and a cruise is of interest. I know they plan to have more in the future as this first one was a success…

The Life Extension Inaugural Cruise
“Learning and Fun Aboard the Sun”
By Will Brink

As a long-time member of the Life Extension Foundation and writer for its magazine, one thing I have always appreciated is the creativity of the Foundation when it comes to looking after its members. A great example of this is the exciting new Life Extension cruise, which set sail for the Caribbean in October, 2007. By combining a conference with a great vacation destination as a single package, this inaugural cruise was a smashing success for the Life Extension members lucky enough to attend.

Cont:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/mar2008_In-The_News_02.htm

I've been a member of LEF for years and have pasted numerous articals on here. I missed it (the cruise) but we are planning on either the next one or the one after. As I have said before, LEF is a great source of Info and documented case studies. But unfortunately and no offence to you Will, but you are preaching to the wrong people on this board.

Do you post on LEF's board?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 03:24:37 PM »
Preach on man

(im listening!)

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 03:25:17 PM »
For life extension. Nothing beats Calorie Restriction. And conveniently these companies have a bunch of "life extending" supplement and snake oils to sell since there is no money in Calorie Restriction... ::)

You've never been on LEF in your life have you? No, calorie restriction isn't the only thing for longevity. You obviously haven't clue on what you say.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »
Is "LEF" Jesus approved?  Like HRT?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 03:28:25 PM »
Preach on man

(im listening!)

Your lucky Mike, LEF is actually located near you I think (Ft. Lauderdale). I swear by the info they provide.

www.lef.org

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »
You've never been on LEF in your life have you? No, calorie restriction isn't the only thing for longevity. You obviously haven't clue on what you say.

Some of the compounds and concentrated antioxidants can actually do more harm than good, compared to the nutrition needed which can be found in natural food. Sure there are some products that could possibly help you feel better but I doubt they will extend your life, and you run the risk of having unwanted side effects in the long term. Calorie restriction will on the other hand extend your life and is proven.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 03:58:18 PM »
Preach on man

(im listening!)

Preach preach!! ;)
Spirit of Truth

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
Some of the compounds and concentrated antioxidants can actually do more harm than good, compared to the nutrition needed which can be found in natural food. Sure there are some products that could possibly help you feel better but I doubt they will extend your life, and you run the risk of having unwanted side effects in the long term. Calorie restriction will on the other hand extend your life and is proven.

I understand calorie restriction has been proven to prolong life, I'm defending LEF and the research they provide. Although they do recommend their own products, it's pretty hard to beat the research they provide.

Although calorie restriction does prolong life, it cannot just be an "eat what you want" type of restriction, there are and should be certain guidlines to that protocol. And yes, I do agree that some antioxidants may not be so good. Right now, actually since my show, I have chosen to follow a paleo type of diet for the most part and haven't felt this good in literally years.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »
When is the next cruise!??!?!??!?!?!?!??! ;)

Check out their site or email them. I don't know the dates off hand. It was a real blast.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
I've been a member of LEF for years and have pasted numerous articals on here. I missed it (the cruise) but we are planning on either the next one or the one after. As I have said before, LEF is a great source of Info and documented case studies. But unfortunately and no offence to you Will, but you are preaching to the wrong people on this board.

Do you post on LEF's board?

On occasion I do yes. I hope you make a cruise. I enjoyed it and met a lot interesting people too.