Author Topic: squatting so low bands lose tension?  (Read 1593 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
squatting so low bands lose tension?
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:30:58 PM »
I was squatting yesterday on a 12" box..and all my bands lost tension cept those that were choked. Choke'em all? Or what? I'm squatting on such a deep box to make sure I get depth in my meet in june. I know what it feels like to break parallel but we're going deeper to make the comp squat feel like cake. After I strentched out I got my last 4 sets of doubles to touch..but was it that effective of a workout if my strong bands went slack at the bottom? 

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: squatting so low bands lose tension?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:50:39 PM »
You may try reverse bands.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »
If you lose all tension when your on the box, then your doing it wrong.

I don't know what your setup is, but if you choke them on a power rack you should either tape a piece of wood or put a dumbell (over 100lbs) on the side of the rack to increase the size of the base.

Btw, how are you using bands without choking them?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 06:56:02 PM »
I was squatting yesterday on a 12" box..and all my bands lost tension cept those that were choked. Choke'em all? Or what? I'm squatting on such a deep box to make sure I get depth in my meet in june. I know what it feels like to break parallel but we're going deeper to make the comp squat feel like cake. After I strentched out I got my last 4 sets of doubles to touch..but was it that effective of a workout if my strong bands went slack at the bottom? 

Get a video, and it will be much easier to tell whats going on with tehm!

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »
Get a video, and it will be much easier to tell whats going on with tehm!

Jason

on a parallel box they're under tension...120lbs...when I sat on this 12" box only the choked monster mini's had tension and the blue bands weren't..which is why I said I'll probably have to choke them.  Our cage is also bolted to teh floor at ever corner 10inches into the cement floor..we're golden.

jason I'll get a video up hopefully this friday.