Author Topic: What do people here think about cultures that eat dog meat?  (Read 22598 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: What do people here think about cultures that eat dog meat?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 07:22:39 AM »
ehh im sure you do have the balls to kill little kids @ middle east, thats not cruel for sure  ;)

My crime: eat dog meat
Your: Pay taxes that kill little kids @ middle east

We both are animals, nothing will stop it.

That was my point. We humans are scum. There is no point is getting upset about people killing dogs when one engages is like behaviour which brings about far worse atrocities. Live and let live...we are animals; I work with children and I see it every day.
I hate the State.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 07:37:11 AM »
ehh im sure you do have the balls to kill little kids @ middle east, thats not cruel for sure  ;)

yeah........

you're a real animal !

;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 09:22:13 AM »

You really are a moron.

Your "crime" is not that you eat dog meat, it is the you eat meat where the animal is deliberately made to suffer.  If you came back and said they don't use inhumane methods to kill the animal and they try to make it as quick as possible and conditions have greatly improved for the animals then I would say I still personally don't like dogs as food but can't argue if others chose to eat them.

I do not pay my taxes with them earmarked to kill little kids.

Not the same.   

Try and follow along with the conversation and stick with the points made instead of twisting and ignoring some points to make it look like something else was said. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »
That was my point. We humans are scum. There is no point is getting upset about people killing dogs when one engages is like behaviour which brings about far worse atrocities. Live and let live...we are animals; I work with children and I see it every day.

Humans are scum because we think we can decide what deserves attention and what should just be ignored.

You don't think watching family members burn the fur of living animals or skin them alive doesn't affect the children into having less of a respect for life?

Respect for all living things begins in the home, THAT is why humans are the most fucked up animal of all, because respect and compassion is not taught in too many cases. 

But take that who cares it's only an animal attitude and see if the human situation improves any time soon.
  ::)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 09:31:01 AM »

yeah........

you're a real animal !

;D

HAHA are you the 50 years old man that used to "touch" his little nephew? disgusting

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 09:33:50 AM »

You really are a moron.

Your "crime" is not that you eat dog meat, it is the you eat meat where the animal is deliberately made to suffer.  If you came back and said they don't use inhumane methods to kill the animal and they try to make it as quick as possible and conditions have greatly improved for the animals then I would say I still personally don't like dogs as food but can't argue if others chose to eat them.

I do not pay my taxes with them earmarked to kill little kids.
  Not the same.   
   Try and follow along with the conversation and stick with the points made instead of twisting and ignoring some points to make it look like something else was said. 

Sorry but its a fact your taxes are helping to kill little kids, am i a moron for telling you the truth? Im sticking to this convo but it seems only your reasoning is valid here.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 09:40:22 AM »
Sorry but its a fact your taxes are helping to kill little kids, am i a moron for telling you the truth? Im sticking to this convo but it seems only your reasoning is valid here.

yes you are a moron, actually you are an asshole. 

By law I have to pay taxes, I am not paying a "kill little kids" tax.  I am paying taxes that cover a whole bunch of things, and yes, probably the war is part of them.

How does that compare to you actually paying for something that you know is blatantly cruelty and that is not necessary?  Something you could refuse to pay for?

If they itemized where my taxes are going and there was a portion that said " to help kill little kids" I would refuse to pay that portion. 

so nice try, but very very weak

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »

yes you are a moron, actually you are an asshole. 

By law I have to pay taxes, I am not paying a "kill little kids" tax.  I am paying taxes that cover a whole bunch of things, and yes, probably the war is part of them.
  How does that compare to you actually paying for something that you know is blatantly cruelty and that is not necessary?  Something you could refuse to pay for?
   If they itemized where my taxes are going and there was a portion that said " to help kill little kids" I would refuse to pay that portion. 
  so nice try, but very very weak

So your law is acceptable, but not the asian law? Im gonna tell ya something, i have 2 german shepperds, they are awesome, good friends, good guardians, i would never beat them unless its really really necessary. They are lucky, this is not asia, as i said before, i cant blame/change anything, nor you. Asians in general are cool, you cant really blame them for being different than you.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2008, 09:54:22 AM »
If your dogs ended up attacking you....killing you in the process.....

I will try & adopt them & feed them with the best money can provide.

;D

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 10:00:16 AM »
If your dogs ended up attacking you....killing you in the process.....

I will try & adopt them & feed them with the best money can provide.

;D

i feed them with eukanuba from monday to friday, and meat on weekends  ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 10:22:42 AM »
So your law is acceptable, but not the asian law? Im gonna tell ya something, i have 2 german shepperds, they are awesome, good friends, good guardians, i would never beat them unless its really really necessary. They are lucky, this is not asia, as i said before, i cant blame/change anything, nor you. Asians in general are cool, you cant really blame them for being different than you.

You are comparing things you can't compare.

I can blame anyone, no matter what race, color, cultural background, etc, for intentionally inflicting unnecessary pain and suffering on any living creature.  They can not stand beyond "culture" and continue that practice of making an animal suffer on the stupid notion it will taste better.  I don't blame or judge them for eating dog or cat, I judge them for how they raise and slaughter them for food. 

WRONG IS WRONG.   

But if a country can knowingly send children's toys with led paint, and tainted food items to the US, I suppose how could I expect any compassion or decency from that culture?   

I know every Asian is not a "bad" person, but as a general if Asian countries disappeared, good riddance.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 10:46:29 AM »

yeah........

you're a real animal !

;D

What are you saying geo?

w8m8

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »

I can blame anyone, no matter what race, color, cultural background, etc, for intentionally inflicting unnecessary pain and suffering on any living creature.  They can not stand beyond "culture" and continue that practice of making an animal suffer on the stupid notion it will taste better.  I don't blame or judge them for eating dog or cat, I judge them for how they raise and slaughter them for food.    WRONG IS WRONG.   

But if a country can knowingly send children's toys with led paint, and tainted food items to the US, I suppose how could I expect any compassion or decency from that culture?   
   I know every Asian is not a "bad" person, but as a general if Asian countries disappeared, good riddance.

I agree wholeheartedly ~flower~

I find it terribly sad that it's an accepted part of someone's culture , to say "respected" is even more repulsive.
When a "culture" practises such vile acts it says to me they have failed to become civilised or even evolved into a humane being.

To kill an animal for food is first not necessary , we could all be vegan and live our lives fine.
It's a twisted individual who behaves like these foreigners and inflicts pain for any type of reward.
reward=better taste

that's an incomprehensible thought process for any rational person

To go to one of those places and allow yourself to "stoop" to that level shows lack of self respect and little or no value of life.
I cannot agree that it's a show of respect to do as they do while you're there.

I find it more of a thrill of some type to be able to say you did it .

For the ones who feel like it's acceptable , I'd like to know one thing ?

where is the line . .  the one you won't cross due to your own set of values ?

I'd rather be a lone voice in a strange land standing firmly for what's right , than be a follower and say I respect their culture. :-\

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »
I think it's quite easy: if you are against killing animals, become a vegetarian. Of course you will still be killing animals everyday, just smaller ones (bugs etc.). No doubt that the killing should be done as quickly as possible, but let's be honest, no animal likes to be killed, quickly or not.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »
I think it's quite easy: if you are against killing animals, become a vegetarian. Of course you will still be killing animals everyday, just smaller ones (bugs etc.). No doubt that the killing should be done as quickly as possible, but let's be honest, no animal likes to be killed, quickly or not.

exactly

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 04:55:17 PM »

typical response with ignoring of the points made, boring

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 05:20:26 PM »
Hardly. There is a very good analogy.

I chose to leave the USA many years ago in large part because I found the government's imperialistic activities, among other things disgusting.

Propping up military dictators, supporting coups leading to genocide, brutal murder; sanctions which starve people to death, bullying other countries with its military might.

People who live in the USA all benefit from this; I chose not to. You have a choice if it really bothers you. I don't live there and I wouldn't want to for exactly the reasons cited above.

No one is forcing you to live in the USA and that is just the living part. You can withhold your taxes, after all the American system is largely one of taxation without representation; a good portion of your taxes goes to fuel illegal wars and assassinate people whom the CIA doesn't like. You could withhold your taxes and that would be very patriotic.

If you don't see any analogy I believe you are willfully ignoring it and/or don't want to see it.
I hate the State.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »

un-believable  ::)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »

I chose to leave the USA many years ago

ok "drama boy" !

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »

I can blame anyone, no matter what race, color, cultural background, etc, for intentionally inflicting unnecessary pain and suffering on any living creature.  They can not stand beyond "culture" and continue that practice of making an animal suffer on the stupid notion it will taste better.  I don't blame or judge them for eating dog or cat, I judge them for how they raise and slaughter them for food. 

WRONG IS WRONG.   

I am curious. You obviously have spent a good deal of time in 'Asian' countries (there being very, many of them) to make such sweeping generalisations. I am stunned you would make such a statement. You know that not every Asian country is the same and many or their historical contributions to civilisation have been indespensable. Have you ever even visited an Asian country?
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2008, 05:30:52 PM »
ok "drama boy" !

You don't even have an argument here. Pretty lame.

When you have an argument, come back.  ::)
I hate the State.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »
You don't even have an argument here. Pretty lame.

When you have an argument, come back.  ::)

why would I bother arguing with a dog eating "fish head" !

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2008, 05:37:17 PM »
Hardly. There is a very good analogy.

I chose to leave the USA many years ago in large part because I found the government's imperialistic activities, among other things disgusting.

First of all...I would like to thank you for leaving

Propping up military dictators, supporting coups leading to genocide, brutal murder; sanctions which starve people to death, bullying other countries with its military might.

People who live in the USA all benefit from this; I chose not to. You have a choice if it really bothers you. I don't live there and I wouldn't want to for exactly the reasons cited above.

No one is forcing you to live in the USA and that is just the living part. You can withhold your taxes, after all the American system is largely one of taxation without representation; a good portion of your taxes goes to fuel illegal wars and assassinate people whom the CIA doesn't like. You could withhold your taxes and that would be very patriotic.

If you don't see any analogy I believe you are willfully ignoring it and/or don't want to see it.

Any of this above I have no problem with.....so I guess that I am staying here forever

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »

The cultures that eat dog meat have no standards as to humane treatment for the animal.   Yes, there are flaws and problems within the US slaughtering industry, but their are rules and inspections and an attempt to be humane.  In cultures that eat dogs they have no standards as far as treatment in raising and killing and in fact it is common practice to make the slaughter as painful as possible and the animal to suffer as long as possible because they believe the meat will taste better.

That's certainly not the case in Thailand. In the North East, my brother in law has a business where he exchanges plastic items for unwanted dogs. He goes from city to city with a pick-up full of dog cages & plastic buckets etc.

He gets about $5 per dog, the dogs are killed pretty much in the same way as a chicken - by being decapitated. Whilst it is a harrowing sight for a dog-lover such as myself, it's no worse a fate than any farm animal being killed.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2008, 05:38:45 PM »
why would I bother arguing with a dog eating "fish head" !

I have never eaten dog. Why are you making up lies about me?
I hate the State.