Author Topic: Obama takes Wyoming caucus  (Read 1412 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Obama takes Wyoming caucus
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:46:34 PM »
Obama takes Wyoming caucus

CHEYENNE, Wyoming (CNN) -- After losing Democratic contests in the delegate-rich states of Ohio and Texas this week, presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama won the Wyoming Democratic caucus Saturday.

Obama led rival Sen. Hillary Clinton by 61 percent to 38 percent, with all of the precincts reporting.

The caucus thrust the state, which has only 12 delegates, into the spotlight because the close race between Obama and Clinton means that every delegate counts.

Although Wyoming typically is not a stop for Democrats looking for delegates to clinch the party's presidential nomination, its numbers could make a difference this year because of the delegate deadlock.

With slightly more than 600 delegates left at stake, every remaining contest is crucial to both candidates. The two are separated by fewer than 100 delegates, CNN estimates, with Obama leading Clinton 1,527 to 1,428.  See where the Democratic race stands »

CNN estimates that Obama will win at least seven delegates and Clinton will win at least four, with one delegate still outstanding. Five of Wyoming's 12 delegates will be allocated at the state convention, which will be held Memorial Day in Jackson, but the allocation will be based on caucus results.

. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/08/wyoming.caucus/index.html

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Obama takes Wyoming caucus
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
He kicked Hillary to the curb, didn't he?  Isn't Wyoming typically a red state though?  It will be interesting to see what unfolds should Barack Obama get the Democratic nod and go up again McCain in the general election.  Might not be an easy victory for McCain. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 09:51:51 AM »
He kicked Hillary to the curb, didn't he?  Isn't Wyoming typically a red state though?  It will be interesting to see what unfolds should Barack Obama get the Democratic nod and go up again McCain in the general election.  Might not be an easy victory for McCain. 

The only way mccain has a chance to get in the ballpark is if the admin figures a way to mess with the votes.    Most of the country sees mccain as a bush follower. Bush has an appeal rating of 10-12%..................do the math.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

I think it will be a close race in the general.  I have a hard time seeing Obama pulling independents and any significant conservative cross-over.  He's just too liberal. 

Also, I might have overestimated the willingness of people to vote for a half black man.  He has been bridging the race gap, at least among liberals. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:26:01 PM »
I think it will be a close race in the general.  I have a hard time seeing Obama pulling independents and any significant conservative cross-over.  He's just too liberal. 

Also, I might have overestimated the willingness of people to vote for a half black man.  He has been bridging the race gap, at least among liberals. 

wrong and wrong.

independents are voting in droves for Obama, a black man.

So unless all these voters inexplicably reverse their votes out of the blue, he'll do well.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 08:20:57 PM »

I'm glad you point out that Obama is half-black, mang!!!  ;)   Guess people forget that his mom is white.  This country is conveniently ignorant when it comes to stuff like this.  When Obama thanks his mom for raising him to become president of the United States, will he acknowledge that she is white?  You know it's as personal for me as is it you, bro.  But it is what it is.  My mom was arguing that fact with me today.  She said, "if you have but one drop of black blood in you, then the world sees you as black" 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 12:40:29 AM »

::) Another "pearl" from one of our resident "intellectuals"  I'm assuming the statement makes sense in some bizarro world.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 12:47:40 AM »
I'm glad you point out that Obama is half-black, mang!!!  ;)   Guess people forget that his mom is white.  This country is conveniently ignorant when it comes to stuff like this.  When Obama thanks his mom for raising him to become president of the United States, will he acknowledge that she is white?  You know it's as personal for me as is it you, bro.  But it is what it is.  My mom was arguing that fact with me today.  She said, "if you have but one drop of black blood in you, then the world sees you as black" 

Nice to see you've found a soul-mate who can't see beyond race... just like you. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 08:29:30 AM »
 Obama refers to himself as black and a black candidate.  He has represented himself that way his whole political career.  He has championed the black community and a church that is focused on the elevation of the black community.  It kind of bothered me at first that he didn't define himself as a mixed race candidate, which is fact, but politically, it may favor him to be the first black presidential candidate.  A person close to Barack was roughly quoted stating that Barack considers himself black because black people are comprised of both people of pure African ancestry and mixed race individuals.  His reasoning being that they confront the same struggles in America.
I don't really agree...I think he should define himself as mixed race and transcend the whole issue of race, but thats where he is coming from.  So, its not just the media referring to him as black, its Obama himself.

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 08:44:44 AM »

The only way mccain has a chance to get in the ballpark is if the admin figures a way to mess with the votes.    Most of the country sees mccain as a bush follower. Bush has an appeal rating of 10-12%..................do the math.

Once we get into the General run off the people will see Obama's moral stance on which he either authored or vote for from his home state and realize his moral values suck. He's already been linked to some shady characters and shady dealings. Everything on this guy is starting to come out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 09:36:29 AM »
Once we get into the General run off the people will see Obama's moral stance on which he either authored or vote for from his home state and realize his moral values suck. He's already been linked to some shady characters and shady dealings. Everything on this guy is starting to come out.

yawn.

Please list "everything".

You and HH6 have been talking for months about all the bad shit you have on obama.
I'm watching FOX news all day today.

Why aren't they saying a single bad thing about Obama, Joe?

Is it because they don't have anything either?

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 09:48:56 AM »
yawn.

Please list "everything".

You and HH6 have been talking for months about all the bad shit you have on obama.
I'm watching FOX news all day today.

Why aren't they saying a single bad thing about Obama, Joe?

Is it because they don't have anything either?

We can start with this.......

Washington pundits are excited for a potential battle for the Democratic nomination for president between the “fresh-faced” freshman Senator from Illinois, Barack Obama, and the consummate political insider, New York Senator Hillary Clinton. However, new revelations about a corruption scandal involving Obama suggest he may have more in common with Hillary than he would like to admit.
As you may recall, in November, press reports surfaced regarding a questionable land deal between Obama and Antoin “Tony” Rezko, an indicted political fundraiser. The long and the short of it is that Obama approached Rezko with the idea to simultaneously purchase adjoining lots in Southside Chicago. Rezko obliged. Obama obtained his lot for a reduced price. Rezko later sold a portion of his property to Obama. All of this took place while Rezko was the subject of a federal corruption investigation.

Political handicappers have begun to assess what these revelations might mean to Obama’s presidential aspirations, but personally, I’m not interested in the political fallout. The salient question ought to be what do Obama’s dealings with Rezko tell us, if anything, about the Obama’s ethics. Here are some thoughts.

First, Obama’s dealings with Rezko reveal a politician oblivious to the expectations of at least the appearance of integrity for those in public office. At the time Obama entered into his dubious land deal, it was widely known that Rezko was the subject of a federal investigation for allegedly trying to collect nearly $6 million in kickbacks from government deals. Obama and Rezko have been “friends” since 1990. Obama knew about Rezko’s shady reputation and ought to have avoided the appearance of impropriety.

Second, Obama’s dealings with Rezko suggest, at least, that Obama might be the kind of politician willing to peddle his influence. The Chicago Tribune reported that Obama purchased his land for $300,000 less than the asking price, while Rezko’s wife paid full price for the adjoining lot from the same owner. Did Mrs. Rezko partially subsidize the purchase of Obama’s new home? And what of the subsequent sale of a section of the Rezko property to Obama shortly thereafter?

Press reports suggest Rezko has raised as much as $60,000 in campaign contributions for Obama. What has he received in return for his generosity? (Such relationships are never one-sided.) New revelations surfaced this week indicating that Rezko was successful in persuading Obama to award a coveted internship with his Senate office to a Rezko business associate. (Incidentally, the business associate, John Armanda, has donated $11,500 to Obama’s campaigns.) Is there more to this story?

Third, Obama’s dealings with Rezko suggest that Obama may be willing to cast aside his professed sense of ethics for personal financial gain. Obama, through his dealings with an indicted political fundraiser, was able to purchase his luxurious home at a cut-rate price and expand his property. Obama acknowledged the deal was a mistake, but only after the media made hay of it.

In 1992, the Clintons came into the White House despite evidence of their shady real estate dealings in Arkansas, a scandal known as “Whitewater,” setting the tone for what would be the most corrupt presidency in our nation’s history. Is this Rezko land deal Barack Obama’s Whitewater? Let’s find out sooner than later.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 09:54:58 AM »
We can start with this.......

I completely concede that Obama associated with a dirty guy here, this Rezko.

That's one point.

What else ya got?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »
That's not even a big deal.  Obama didn't associate with him at a time he knew anything was wrong.

The Coach

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 10:08:49 AM »
That's not even a big deal.  Obama didn't associate with him at a time he knew anything was wrong.

He's known him since 1990, you don't think he had any idea? He's an attorney for God's sake........he knew!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 10:09:47 AM »
He's known him since 1990, you don't think he had any idea? He's an attorney for God's sake........he knew!

Joe, what else you got?

He knew about one shady guy and still worked with him.  I conceded that.

What other dirt do you have on Obama?  Spill it.