Author Topic: Dorian Yates: 1997 Mr.Olympia Performance.  (Read 32563 times)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
Dorian Yates: 1997 Mr.Olympia Performance.
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:47:59 AM »
  Here is Dorian posing at the 1997 Mr.Olympia. From watching the video, I understand why he won: it was barely visible that his left biceps and triceps were torn. Enjoy! :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFwfmJRVDqY

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
Re: Dorian Yates: 1997 Mr.Olympia Performance.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 03:02:20 AM »
He hides his injuries well.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 03:06:21 AM »
Look at his back when he was backstage....!!!! :o

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:07:46 AM »
Yeah, he hides it pretty well but check the 95 video and it was a different Yates back then. Two years can make a huge difference in bodybuilding.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 04:00:34 AM »
Amazing bber!!!
S

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 05:12:34 AM »
Now that's bodybuilding.
No "pop n locking", breakdancing, dancing bullshit.

Dennis Wolf is  bringing it back.

hamood

• Getbig II
  • Saddam Hussein is alive and well in Baghdad
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 06:43:48 AM »
 ::)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 07:51:10 AM »

The torn left biceps is visible in the front double biceps - as it was since the 1994 Olympia -, but in every other pose as well as from the sides when he does the quarter turn, you can't tell that either his left biceps or triceps were torn. So the lability is only in one pose.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 08:24:17 AM »

it was barely visible that his left biceps and triceps were torn.

That's because his torso was so thick, and BOTH of his arms are small in comparison  :-\
just not good enough

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 08:31:55 AM »
HE was in bad shape internally i believe ,i think he had a rupture in stomach and could barely hit his poses.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 08:34:37 AM »
HE was in bad shape internally i believe ,i think he had a rupture in stomach and could barely hit his poses.

Yeah, he stated that he had been coughing up blood, from too many NSAID's
just not good enough

hamood

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 08:40:26 AM »
  The torn left biceps is visible in the front double biceps - as it was since the 1994 Olympia -, but in ever other pose as well as from the sides when he does the quarter turn, you can't tell that either his left biceps or triceps were torn. So the lability is only in one pose.

Actually, in general he looked like shit in 97 (relative to a Mr. Olympia or a top contender of course).  Not only in the front double bi's, but you coudl not see his arms in the rear double-bi's either.  He looked very mediocre in all front poses.  His waist had also grown tremendously by 97.  His 97 victory redefined the word "gift" :)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 08:53:15 AM »
Not only in the front double bi's, but you coudl not see his arms in the rear double-bi's either.

I disagree. I couldn't tell that his left biceps/triceps were torn in the back double biceps or in the quarter turn from the sides.

He looked mediocre in all front poses

His front lat spread was still clearly the best in the show, and he looked great in the abs-and-thighs for a 270 lbs man.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 09:11:52 AM »
  I disagree. I couldn't tell that his left biceps/triceps were torn in the back double biceps or in the quarter turn from the sides.

His front lat spread was still clearly the best in the show, and he looked great in the abs-and-thighs for a 270 lbs man.

That's the thing. An OFF Yates was still pretty damn impressive, even with a bigger waist which took out some of the impact of his back, a torn tricep, etc....I personaly don't think he should have won in 97 but it wasn't as scandalous as some say. There's been worse and more controversial Olympia champs.

hamood

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 09:42:11 AM »

They looked either torn or damn small - you can not see his biceps at all in the rear double biceps pose.

He looked very smooth in his frotn lat spread comparison to Nasser.  I have yet to see his front ab-thigh comparison, but I doubt he looked better than Nasser in that pose either, as that was one of Nasser's signature poses.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 10:02:43 AM »
Injuries or no injuries he looks complete! Huge calves, relatively small midsection for how big he was and a scary back... :o
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 10:07:52 AM »
Actually, in general he looked like shit in 97 (relative to a Mr. Olympia or a top contender of course).  Not only in the front double bi's, but you coudl not see his arms in the rear double-bi's either.  He looked very mediocre in all front poses.  His waist had also grown tremendously by 97.  His 97 victory redefined the word "gift" :)
Nasser pulling out before depositing some baby batter in your mouth redefines the word "gift". ::)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 10:13:39 AM »
They looked either torn or damn small - you can not see his biceps at all in the rear double biceps pose.

He looked very smooth in his frotn lat spread comparison to Nasser.  I have yet to see his front ab-thigh comparison, but I doubt he looked better than Nasser in that pose either, as that was one of Nasser's signature poses.

Dorian never looked smooth compared to Nasser, even in the worst of shape Dorian was pretty dry and still had his grainy look. Nasser may of had better muscle seperation but he was never drier than Dorian.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 10:16:47 AM »
They looked either torn or damn small - you can not see his biceps at all in the rear double biceps pose

No, neither his triceps nor his biceps look torn in the back double biceps or from the sides when he does the quarter turns.

He looked very smooth in his frotn lat spread comparison to Nasser.

Excuse me, but I assume you are joking. This post can't possibly be serious. Not only does Dorian look infinitely harder than Nasser - not even in the same league -, but Yates' lats flare wider as well. Methinks your preference for Nasser has more to do with his ethnicity rather than with his physique.

I have yet to see his front ab-thigh comparison, but I doubt he looked better than Nasser in that pose either, as that was one of Nasser's signature poses.

Nasser might have a smaller waist in this mandatory, but Dorian's abs are more defined and his lats are wider. Overral, I think it's a tie. In any case, it is immaterial because Dorian wins 4 of the six mandatory poses as well as the symmetry round - except from the front.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 10:20:53 AM »
Dorian never looked smooth compared to Nasser, even in the worst of shape Dorian was pretty dry and still had his grainy look. Nasser may of had better muscle seperation but he was never drier than Dorian.

Well, if you put yourself in Nasser's shoes for a moment (and not more than a minute for your own sake), try to feel how frustrating it is to be in your absolute best shape, something you've never achieved before and will never achieve again and have to fight toe to toe with a guy who's on the verge of retiring as injuries have taken their toll on him. Even if he had been rewarded, that wouldn't have said much about him beeing better than Yates.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »
Well, if you put yourself in Nasser's shoes for a moment (and not more than a minute for your own sake), try to feel how frustrating it is to be in your absolute best shape, something you've never achieved before and will never achieve again and have to fight toe to toe with a guy who's on the verge of retiring as injuries have taken their toll on him. Even if he had been rewarded, that wouldn't have said much about him beeing better than Yates.

I never said Nasser didnt deserve to win, I think he did. Dorian shouldn't of been champion that night, should of gone to Shawn or Nasser.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
I never said Nasser didnt deserve to win, I think he did. Dorian shouldn't of been champion that night, should of gone to Shawn or Nasser.

I was just joking a bit. I agree but there's been worse Olympias before and after as I said before. I just feel sorry for Nasser's fans. Somehow.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 10:31:05 AM »
man how hideous is that.

his arms suck, his quads, and hams are shit. flat as a pancake there.

and waist is wide as hell. arms look absolutely horrendous in the front double bi, he loses that pose to everyone in that show, just horrible arms for a MR O

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »
Anyone who isn't fucking blind can see how short his left bicep insert looks.. hahahaha What a fucking joke.  ::)

hamood

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 10:33:15 AM »
Nasser pulling out before depositing some baby batter in your mouth redefines the word "gift". ::)

Very original, intelligent reply.   ::)

I remember a comparison pic was posted before, maybe I can find it, of the front lat spread with Dorian and Nasser, and Nasser made Dorian look very smooth in that comparison - Yates had no muscle detail, striations, or vascularity in comparison.  

No, neither his triceps nor his biceps look torn in the back double biceps or from the sides when he does the quarter turns.

Like I said, they looked either torn or damn small.  So if they didn't look torn, they looked damn small.  You could not even see his biceps from the rear double "biceps" pose.