Author Topic: When the economy is bad, people stop eating at nice restaurants...  (Read 2823 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
but they do eat more at the cheap places.  Mcdonalds stock is doing killer at the moment!

jetpower

• Getbig III
Re: When the economy is bad, people stop eating at nice restaurants...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »
Oddly enough, entertainment is usually the last expense cut from dumb people's budgets.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:35:53 PM »
but they do eat more at the cheap places.  Mcdonalds stock is doing killer at the moment!

That is NOT because people are stopping to eat at nice restaurants.  It is because the people who eat at McDonalds can no longer eat at nice restaurants one two times a week.  They are the ones who have backed down their spending on nice food.  Believe me 

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »
Mc Donalds now has a killer coffee selection. They are going to single smash star bucks in the long haul. Ever since they started selling latte's and stuff I wont even hit star bucks even though they are 50 feet away.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »
McD sweet tea is addictive!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:18:36 PM »
When the economy is bad, smart people look for a way to protect their current income sources,
...as well as ways to develop new ones. What would happen to you or your family if your income source dried up?

Do you have a plan B?

I've seen people's life completely change for the better when their plan B starting creating more income for them than their full time jobs.

Other's still have seen their plan B rescue them from impending disaster when the rug was pulled out from under

Do you have a plan B?

Would anyone here be willing to go back to school on a part time basis for 3 months to get an extra $5, 000 - $35,000 /yr increase to your annual salary?

Would anyone here be willing to go back to school on a part time basis for 6 months to get an extra $35, 000 - $70,000 /yr increase to your annual salary?

Would anyone here be willing to go back to school on a part time basis for 1 year to develop an extra $100K+ /yr income stream (in addition to what you're currently making now) for the rest of your life?

How would that impact your life? How would that effect the options you'd have, or choices you'd be able to make, ...both for yourself, as well as your family?

With that kind of ca$h flow weekly, whether you worked or not, what caliber of chicks could you start pulling?  :P

Do you have a Plan B?

There are forces in this world that are bigger than us,
...economic instability, disasters (natural & manmade) etc.,
These forces will either crush us, ...or push us into success.
While we can't control them, we can control how we position ourselves to be impacted by them

We can scream about the coming storm, ...or we can learn to sing & dance in the rain.

Catch The Vision
w

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 12:04:38 PM »

Any statistic data? In my experience, there is no correlation. People are just bitching more when economy is bad.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 08:38:06 AM »
Every good restaraunt my wife and I eat at has really dropped their prices and increased happy hour time lengths.

They have to. Otherwise, average income earners won't eat out. Grocery bills are expensive enough as it is.