Author Topic: Report: Planned Parenthood accepts racist donations  (Read 6367 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Report: Planned Parenthood accepts racist donations
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »
I understand your viewpoint.

I also do not think that you were raised in a home where the father let his fists do his talking for him.  No rule or opinion should be absolute...as you pointed out in another thread, exceptions/excuses happen.

So we allow minors to get abortions without parental involvement on the chance that they may be abused by a numbskull parent (a crime itself)?  I seriously doubt that is the reason why Planned Parenthood does this. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »
I listened the clip.  That's beyond "bad."  And nervous?  She was "excited" as she said repeatedly.  That was just sick. 

And what was she supposed to do?  Easy.  Just say "no." 

Well, having been on the telephone front lines myself, I can tell you that when confronted with strange people or their equally strange requests, it's common to be instructed to say things like "certainly" or "that's understandable."   She said excited, but she sounded kind of turned off to me.  It's ridiculous to think that people working at PP are racist, or condone racism.  And, a swift apology was issued, so I don't know what else you want, but am assuming this is just more of your weird anti-abortion agenda.  It IS kind of weird don't you think, constantly feeding guys on a bodybuilding message board this anti-abortion rhetoric... why don't you go somewhere and convince the women instead.  Just a question.

Decker, PP is there for people who actively seek to abstain from becoming pregnant. You actually have to go in there and get the birth control.  Then there are accidents that happen, sometimes regardless of one's efforts.  Other times, a stupid decision leads to a desperate situation. And, then there are always the misunderstandings where one partner thinks the other is as commited to the relationship, only to find out, this wasn't so once the baby bell rings.  Of course abortion's a horrible decision to have to make... but obviously, one that women wanted and fought for, for a reason. They, and their children, weren't treated particularly well when abortion was illegal.  

I find it funny that those who want to abolish abortion and throw women back into the stone age in terms of personal freedom.. are also the ones who balk at paying the taxes required to raise all those crack babies, unwanted children, some of them severely ill, etc... typical.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »
I have no need to defend myself.. im not the tragedy.

I promise to have lots of kids to offset your "defective species" lol

Hahaha, a racist Jewish security guard.  How sad is that!  Every other Jew is either a lawyer or a doctor or some kind of corporate bigshot.  I'm sure your brethren will agree with me that it's time to put the "kibash" on your "line"

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 01:49:25 PM »

I find it funny that those who want to abolish abortion and throw women back into the stone age in terms of personal freedom.. are also the ones who balk at paying the taxes required to raise all those crack babies, unwanted children, some of them severely ill, etc... typical.

;D ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 01:51:57 PM »

fundies are devoid of irony

everything makes perfect sense to them

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »
Well, having been on the telephone front lines myself, I can tell you that when confronted with strange people or their equally strange requests, it's common to be instructed to say things like "certainly" or "that's understandable."   She said excited, but she sounded kind of turned off to me.  It's ridiculous to think that people working at PP are racist, or condone racism.  And, a swift apology was issued, so I don't know what else you want, but am assuming this is just more of your weird anti-abortion agenda.  It IS kind of weird don't you think, constantly feeding guys on a bodybuilding message board this anti-abortion rhetoric... why don't you go somewhere and convince the women instead.  Just a question.

Decker, PP is there for people who actively seek to abstain from becoming pregnant. You actually have to go in there and get the birth control.  Then there are accidents that happen, sometimes regardless of one's efforts.  Other times, a stupid decision leads to a desperate situation. And, then there are always the misunderstandings where one partner thinks the other is as commited to the relationship, only to find out, this wasn't so once the baby bell rings.  Of course abortion's a horrible decision to have to make... but obviously, one that women wanted and fought for, for a reason. They, and their children, weren't treated particularly well when abortion was illegal.  

So was the "swift apology" before or after they were outed?  (That's sort of a rhetorical question.)  

Go ahead and sugarcoat what the woman said, but I view her comments in connection with the other instances where Planned Parenthood has encouraged minors to get abortions and hide the fact that the fathers of their babies are adults.  It is abortion at all costs and the law, ethics, racism, the parents, etc. don't matter.    

Let me see if I understand your question:  why am I discussing political topics on a political discussion board?  Gee.  I'm stumped . . . .

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 02:04:39 PM »

I have a couple of fundy acquaintances.... talking to them about politics is a surreal experience.

A lot of them actually believe that the Iraq war has kept us safe.  I guess 9/11 has affected us in different ways. 

One of my fundy acquaintances told me how he couldn't sleep on a red-eye flight from Charles De Gaulle to W. Africa because there was an "Arab" guy in business class who was acting "weird"  And this was a few months ago.

I feel somewhat suspicious on occasion... But to me the biggest issue right now is the economy. 

Also, think that national security can be handled far better than it has.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »
So was the "swift apology" before or after they were outed?  (That's sort of a rhetorical question.)  

Go ahead and sugarcoat what the woman said, but I view her comments in connection with the other instances where Planned Parenthood has encouraged minors to get abortions and hide the fact that the fathers of their babies are adults.  It is abortion at all costs and the law, ethics, racism, the parents, etc. don't matter.    

Let me see if I understand your question:  why am I discussing political topics on a political discussion board?  Gee.  I'm stumped . . . .

Umm... usually you apologize for something once you become aware of an issue.  So in this case, that would be when they were "outed" as you say.  

I'm not sugarcoating anything, just explaining that people are sometimes caught off guard, and that charity phone workers are instructed to use certain language, which a slow thinking person might pervert if they were caught by surprise.

What she did was wrong for sure, since PP is dependant on some government funding... btw, how many did they have to call to get one who flubbed?  It didn't say in the "article." As for lying about the age of fathers, lol, protecting a 16-year-old boy from being prosecuted for the statutory rape of his 15-year-old girlfriend is a good thing to my mind.  Why ruin two lives for nothing?

And you must admit, you and Colossus post a lot of anti-abortion rhetoric on a body-building board.  I find that odd, and it does seem my perception, that anti-abortion people are always going after men. Maybe I'm wrong.

I know. They must sleep the sleep of angels at night.  

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »

I understand.  Before my wife and I got married, we used to go to PP to get our birth control.

As a matter of politics, the right views a abortion as a rock solid issue they cannot lose on.  They frame the debate in this manner:  "Who could be for the killing of innocent babies?"  "...except degenerate liberals."

Discussing all the contingencies attendant to the decision by a mother to abort her fetus falls on deaf ears.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 02:24:20 PM »
Umm... usually you apologize for something once you become aware of an issue.  So in this case, that would be when they were "outed" as you say.  

I'm not sugarcoating anything, just explaining that people are sometimes caught off guard, and that charity phone workers are instructed to use certain language, which a slow thinking person might pervert if they were caught by surprise.

What she did was wrong for sure, since PP is dependant on some government funding... btw, how many did they have to call to get one who flubbed?  It didn't say in the "article." As for lying about the age of fathers, lol, protecting a 16-year-old boy from being prosecuted for the statutory rape of his 15-year-old girlfriend is a good thing to my mind.  Why ruin two lives for nothing?

And you must admit, you and Colossus post a lot of anti-abortion rhetoric on a body-building board.  I find that odd, and it does seem my perception, that anti-abortion people are always going after men. Maybe I'm wrong.

I know. They must sleep the sleep of angels at night.  

Just putting the "swift apology" in context.  

I have no idea how many they called, but if you go back and look at the threads involving Planned Parenthood's improper activities, there were calls all over the country.  And we're not talking about two minors having sex; there are recorded conversations from all over the country where Planned Parenthood encouraged girls as young as 13 or 14 to lie about whether the father of their babies are 19, 20, or older.  

I haven't been keeping a scorecard for Colossus, but he posts about all sorts of political topics, just like most other people who regularly post on the board.  It isn't odd for someone to post political topics on a politcial discussion board, or religion on a religious issues board, or sports on a sports issues board . . . or girl topics on an "Open Talk for Girl Discussion" board.  That's sort of the whole point of having topic-specific boards.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »
Hahaha, a racist Jewish security guard.  How sad is that!  Every other Jew is either a lawyer or a doctor or some kind of corporate bigshot.  I'm sure your brethren will agree with me that it's time to put the "kibash" on your "line"

Hahahah!!! typical ostrch response... better label me a racist before you realize everything i say is completely true.

Then comes the hypocritical racist response with jew stereotypes..

good job making an ass of yourself.. AGAIN ;D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »
Hahahah!!! typical ostrch response... better label me a racist before you realize everything i say is completely true.

Then comes the hypocritical racist response with jew stereotypes..

good job making an ass of yourself.. AGAIN ;D

So you are a Jewish security guard?

Wow! Must be the only one in N. America.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 02:37:04 PM »
So you are a Jewish security guard?

Wow! Must be the only one in N. America.

i am not a security guard

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »
i am not a security guard

My bad. Should I refer to you as a "loss prevention engineer"?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »
My bad. Should I refer to you as a "loss prevention engineer"?

whatever makes you happy..

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 05:15:06 PM »
Just putting the "swift apology" in context. 

I have no idea how many they called, but if you go back and look at the threads involving Planned Parenthood's improper activities, there were calls all over the country.  And we're not talking about two minors having sex; there are recorded conversations from all over the country where Planned Parenthood encouraged girls as young as 13 or 14 to lie about whether the father of their babies are 19, 20, or older. 

I haven't been keeping a scorecard for Colossus, but he posts about all sorts of political topics, just like most other people who regularly post on the board.  It isn't odd for someone to post political topics on a politcial discussion board, or religion on a religious issues board, or sports on a sports issues board . . . or girl topics on an "Open Talk for Girl Discussion" board.  That's sort of the whole point of having topic-specific boards.

Yes, I would say the apology was swift. As soon as they found out what was going on, PP acted.

Beach, what if you were manning the phones for, let's say, a paliative care unit at your local hospital. People call all day and say things like "I'm giving you $15, how come you're giving me an eco bag as an appreciation gift, instead of a sweatshirt? I want a sweatshirt, otherwise I'm giving my money to xxx." You would be saying "I'll write it down" or "that's understandable," and here's why you should help the paliative care unit, blah, blah." That's what you are told to say. If someone called and said, "I'll give you money, but only if white people have access to that paliative care," what would you do? Take their money and be gleeful they aren't giving it to some white supremicist cause, while you are helping everyone, and placating that person with lies? Or just point blank, say 'no' because it would be a lie. The right answer is 'no' but if it was a split second decision, what would you do? Would you be tempted, even for a split second? After hearing about peoples' sweat shirt probs all day?  :)

I'll leave it at that for today.  :) The reason I like you beach, is because I feel you have your heart in the right place, but if only you didn't believe you were going to heaven.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »
Yes, I would say the apology was swift. As soon as they found out what was going on, PP acted.

Beach, what if you were manning the phones for, let's say, a paliative care unit at your local hospital. People call all day and say things like "I'm giving you $15, how come you're giving me an eco bag as an appreciation gift, instead of a sweatshirt? I want a sweatshirt, otherwise I'm giving my money to xxx." You would be saying "I'll write it down" or "that's understandable," and here's why you should help the paliative care unit, blah, blah." That's what you are told to say. If someone called and said, "I'll give you money, but only if white people have access to that paliative care," what would you do? Take their money and be gleeful they aren't giving it to some white supremicist cause, while you are helping everyone, and placating that person with lies? Or just point blank, say 'no' because it would be a lie. The right answer is 'no' but if it was a split second decision, what would you do? Would you be tempted, even for a split second? After hearing about peoples' sweat shirt probs all day?  :)

I'll leave it at that for today.  :) The reason I like you beach, is because I feel you have your heart in the right place, but if only you didn't believe you were going to heaven.

I've done volunteer work manning phones, so I'm familiar with that enviornment.  I can tell you that it wouldn't be hard at all for me to tell a person thanks but no thanks if they said what this guy said.  And if you think about it, it's really much easier to turn someone like that down, rather than pretending like it's not a problem, taking the money, and then trying to rationalize it later. 

Who said I was going to heaven?   :)

You should post here more often.         

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »
Deedee, I always have and will respect your opinion....but I whole heartedly disagree with your arguments.  Have you ever read anything from Star Parker?  You should.  She had 4 abortions, yes FOUR!  She is now a huge pro-life advocate.  If anyone would have a legitimate viewpoint on the whole abortion debate, I would think she would. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 08:12:34 AM »
... Have you ever read anything from Star Parker?  ....
Is she that TV psychic astrologer?

4 abortions.  That's beyond irresponsible.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2008, 08:16:45 AM »
Deedee, I always have and will respect your opinion....but I whole heartedly disagree with your arguments.  Have you ever read anything from Star Parker?  You should.  She had 4 abortions, yes FOUR!  She is now a huge pro-life advocate.  If anyone would have a legitimate viewpoint on the whole abortion debate, I would think she would. 

"Now" she is a pro-lifer?   Sounds like she's expressing guilt.  I haven't read anything about her in regards to abortion but that fact that she had 4 of them, killed 4 babies, avoided responsibility 4 times, was very selfish 4 times, tells me this lady doing this becuase she's likely motivated by guilt.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2008, 10:48:20 AM »
"Now" she is a pro-lifer?   Sounds like she's expressing guilt.  I haven't read anything about her in regards to abortion but that fact that she had 4 of them, killed 4 babies, avoided responsibility 4 times, was very selfish 4 times, tells me this lady doing this becuase she's likely motivated by guilt.
You gotta read her story, bro.  Then you'll see where's she's coming from. 

Is she that TV psychic astrologer?

4 abortions.  That's beyond irresponsible.
One is OK though, right?  Deck, you gotta seriously check into her life story.  If anyone could bring the truest perspective to atrocities of abortion and welfare, she can provide that.  Problem is, no one wants to listen.  Check out my post on the Religion Thread...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
This has got to be a BS story ::)  I can't even fathom some neonazi or kkk or other org. tossing money to a liberal cause ::) Pu-lease....

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »
You gotta read her story, bro.  Then you'll see where's she's coming from. 
One is OK though, right?  Deck, you gotta seriously check into her life story.  If anyone could bring the truest perspective to atrocities of abortion and welfare, she can provide that.  Problem is, no one wants to listen.  Check out my post on the Religion Thread...
One is not good but four is recidivistic.  I will look at your thread.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2008, 12:50:51 PM »
One is not good but four is recidivistic.  I will look at your thread.
Thanks, bro. ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2008, 04:34:13 PM »