Author Topic: Never touch what is not yours: Lessons in workplace kitchen etiquette.  (Read 4315 times)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Funny thing happened in the office last week. I will try to stick to the main details in order to keep it short and sweet LMAO!

In the community refrigerator sat a bottle of Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice (Half full), an inquisitive employee says to himself (knowing this obviously refreshing drink did not belong to him)

“Hmm, what a tasty looking beverage there sitting all by it’s lonesome.”

No one will know if I have a cup or two, so he decides to pour himself a cup of this tasty beverage; Of course he couldn’t have just one cup.

He convinced himself that he could probably consume the entire contents of this tasty beverage, run out to the local grocery store, buy the same brand and replace the half full container with a totally new one before the true owner would know the difference, LMAO! Instead he found himself feeling a bit light headed, uninhibited in his conversations and many of his co-workers notice a distinctive and unusual speech impediment. FYI, he never made it to the store to replace the beverage.

It was later found that the tasty beverage had been mixed with GIN and the owner apparently sipped on this throughout the work day.

Who should suffer the consequences?

A) Mr. Inquisitive (aka, Thirsty)
B) The unobtrusive alcoholic (aka, The all day drunkard)

ROTFL

W

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Are you saying the owner is the owner of the company or just the owner of the gin and juice? 

If he's the owner of the company, then (A) will likely be the only one reprimanded. 

If (B) merely owns the gin and juice and not the company then I'd say he may be in more trouble than (A) :-\

When you hear what happened, please let us know!

P.S. You're not (A) are you Hustle Man ;D
R

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!

That's a great way to find the person that steals your food in the lunch room.
I've done things like that, and the personal favorite: ex-lax in the brownies. The oldie but goodie. ;D

You'll always know who took what lunch when you see him/her sprinting to the bathroom with cheeks clenched!!! ;D

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
Well since it is America this is the way it would go down...

(A) Would sue the company and the owner of the juice for bringing in a hazardous item into the "safe environment" of work.  He will walk away with a free hangover

(B) Would sue the Company for having his personal business being dragged out into the light and the company driving him to drink and not helping him with counseling, especially since it was the stressful environment that created his dependence.

The Company would fire (B) and offering counseling after the fact to try and help their case in the lawsuit with (A).

Everybody else in the company will suffer the situation with having their benefits being stagnant and raises remain at the current levels for years to come and Company functions (if any) will all be policed more closely and they will be Dry functions so nobody can try suing them over some employee who parties too much.  All to help pay for the lawsuits, or so they would be told.

This is why I won't be an "Office Cow". Say Moo while you get led from Desk to Office and maybe you can move up and be a bigger Cow in the pasture.
But be sure to say Moo a lot the "Farmers" want happy cows.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
Are you saying the owner is the owner of the company or just the owner of the gin and juice? 

If he's the owner of the company, then (A) will likely be the only one reprimanded. 

If (B) merely owns the gin and juice and not the company then I'd say he may be in more trouble than (A) :-\

When you hear what happened, please let us know!

P.S. You're not (A) are you Hustle Man ;D

The owner of the Gin and Juice.

Not me at all I don't drink lol
W

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s

hmm.............Office Cow or trained animal entertaining people hoping to get a tidbit thrown at them.

::)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Well as an "office cow" here, let me say, I don't get led, I lead.  And I must say that being an office cow I don't really have to worry so much about my looks as much as I do my education, experience, worth ethics, and profession expertise.  I can also climb the corporate ladder and do so knowing I got there because I worked hard, did a great job and deserved it.  Also as an office cow, I have a great retirement pension where I won't have to worry about collecting social security or medicaid when retired.  I also intermingle with people who are looking at me at a human level instead of just an object as had been when I had other jobs.  I dunno, I guess for some....Office Cow just fits.   :D
:D Weee

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
This is why I won't be an "Office Cow".

Office cow maybe not but you are definitely someone's cow not matter how you slice it.

Knowing you, this will go in one ear and out the udder!

W

w8m8

moooooove over
I'm a hiefer too then and I don't mind a bit

I love my desk , my office , my boss , and the view ain't bad either

Mind you there hasn't been enough fresh grass lately but spring is a comin' and as long as his hands are warm my boss can work on these teets  :D

Seriously though , you OS sound like you need a hug , or a vacation .
Why all the bitterness ? In all actuality peoples jobs are just that , a job .
I'm glad you have a job you like . But please don't try to demean what I do for a living . . it's just so not cool  8) 

HM . . if that guy really was sipping gin on the job , doesn't it seem reasonable that he lose his job.? unless he's a bartender I cannot find a good reason to have to drink while working . . ? The unbeknownst guy should be apologizing to his alcoholic "friend" and also the boss.
He should also be given a reminder to never touch someone elses food or drink unless it's been offered , maybe like an 8x10 glossy of his drunken ass plastered to the fridge door  :D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Office cow maybe not but you are definitely someone's cow not matter how you slice it.

Don't be chewing off my cud, HM.  LMAO

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Never touch what is not yours: Lessons in workplace kitchen etiquette.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 08:53:10 AM »
 ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:32 AM »
what the hell is this thread about?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 09:03:46 AM »

As the baker once said "A bun is the lowest form of humor".

I still think my scenario will play out just as I said, but onto the focus of the thread now.

So many responses... Wow I feel like xxxLinda

Can any of you think of a better animal description for office workers?  We call you office cows just because of the herd mentality.  I can sit on the patio at the local pub any given afternoon and watch the herd go.  The men are the worst, Dark Pants, White Dress shirts, and a tie.  Occasionly you might see a rebel and he will wear a coloured dress shirt.
I tried playing as an office cow and I didn't even last one day, but I did get laid so i call it a good day. lol

hmm.............Office Cow or trained animal entertaining people hoping to get a tidbit thrown at them.

::)

I like to think that I am making them dance, pay me more and I will pay attention to you and make you feel important.  :-*

and my tidbit is 5 times what the average office cow makes.

Well as an "office cow" here, let me say, I don't get led, I lead.  And I must say that being an office cow I don't really have to worry so much about my looks as much as I do my education, experience, worth ethics, and profession expertise.  I can also climb the corporate ladder and do so knowing I got there because I worked hard, did a great job and deserved it.  Also as an office cow, I have a great retirement pension where I won't have to worry about collecting social security or medicaid when retired.  I also intermingle with people who are looking at me at a human level instead of just an object as had been when I had other jobs.  I dunno, I guess for some....Office Cow just fits.   :D

These are all great points.
Retirement isn't something I am too worried about.  When things start sagging I will move on with my Condo, Car and large nest egg set aside so I can figure where I can fit in and play in the 9 - 5 world.  Maybe I will take up welding, it would be a change to close things as oppposed to keep opening them up.

moooooove over
I'm a hiefer too then and I don't mind a bit

I love my desk , my office , my boss , and the view ain't bad either

Mind you there hasn't been enough fresh grass lately but spring is a comin' and as long as his hands are warm my boss can work on these teets  :D

Seriously though , you OS sound like you need a hug , or a vacation .
Why all the bitterness ? In all actuality peoples jobs are just that , a job .
I'm glad you have a job you like . But please don't try to demean what I do for a living . . it's just so not cool  8) 

A vacation might be in order, I hear the snow in Whitefish is awesome maybe i will blow off work on the weekend and go.
I guess I am bitter but I didn't mean it as a personal attack on anyone, but reading it I can see why you think so.
I like only working three nights a week.  I like sleeping in until noon.  There is a lot more I hate but you can't make this kind of coin 9-5 (as long as you can stay off the drugs).

Girls like I don't get a lot of respect shown to us, especially from females so I don't have a great repertoire in dealing with the reality
little comments like Flower says to me all the time is what we expect.  It is constantly a fight, we are the evil of society you know.

But hey we should all relax and let your husbands spend the Christmas bonus on me, I am eyeing a new Jeep  :-* ;D

The Cow jokes are great btw  ;D ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 09:11:01 AM »
;D

See I am not the only one who thinks like that. It is a funny thing. 
Who knows she might even draw in the nude.

Just Bad Bad Blood!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 09:11:51 AM »
sippin' on Gin and Juice. ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »
this thread is about strippers?!??!?!?!?!??!?

having worked at a few "strip clubs" myself.................i f sin saves/invests her money ...doesn't do drugs
or get caught up in the lifestyle she could retire early and have a great/finacially secure life!

odds of a stripper doing that are a billion to one tho

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 09:17:34 AM »
i'm the guy the girls hate in the strip joint, i pay the cover and buy one beer and sit there and watch the action for an hour and a half and leave. :D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 09:18:55 AM »
i'm the guy the girls hate in the strip joint, i pay the cover and buy one beer and sit there and watch the action for an hour and a half and leave. :D

In a trenchcoat.............. ...with presents of perfume and expensive jewlery for the girls?!?!?!?!!?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 09:22:04 AM »
In a trenchcoat.............. ...with presents of perfume and expensive jewlery for the girls?!?!?!?!!?
no those are the clowns i laugh at, bouncing in those places you've probably seen the dorks who blow 200 bucks without even getting as much as a blowjob out of it. :D

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 09:24:14 AM »

Oh we hate you for many other reasons then just that  ;D ;D

Actually it is women like Laura that we hate.  (I don't though)
Very pretty and making it work.  Love, Work and Happy she is winning the game.

hmmm  maybe I do hate her lol  ;D ;D
Just Bad Bad Blood!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 09:30:09 AM »
no those are the clowns i laugh at, bouncing in those places you've probably seen the dorks who blow 200 bucks without even getting as much as a blowjob out of it. :D

i have seen a lot.................incl uding a "dancer" passed out in the dressing rooms with a needle still stuck in her veins,girls asking me to "make sure nothing is hanging out" as they hand me a flashlight to look up there va ja ja's,creepy creepy men ..............looking at the girls like they were animals in a zoo and not real people,creeps trying to get so close to look up a girl they shoulda be Gynocologists!,scummy sleazy club owners taking advantage of young girls.........lotta drugs (myself included).............i once tried "snorting" a hydroxycut with ephedrine in a strip club bathroom while working cause i ran outta coke!, lotta fights (construction workers on a rainy day are the worst).............lotta ruined/wasted young lives...............
and some good people too of course

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 09:38:58 AM »
i have seen a lot.................incl uding a "dancer" passed out in the dressing rooms with a needle still stuck in her veins,girls asking me to "make sure nothing is hanging out" as they hand me a flashlight to look up there va ja ja's,creepy creepy men ..............looking at the girls like they were animals in a zoo and not real people,creeps trying to get so close to look up a girl they shoulda be Gynocologists!,scummy sleazy club owners taking advantage of young girls.........lotta drugs (myself included).............i once tried "snorting" a hydroxycut with ephedrine in a strip club bathroom while working cause i ran outta coke!, lotta fights (construction workers on a rainy day are the worst).............lotta ruined/wasted young lives...............
and some good people too of course

With perks like that is a wonder why everybody isn't doing it.  ;D 

sadly You just learn to look away.  :'(

Snorting Hydroxycut OMFG! that must have burned.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 10:08:39 AM »
With perks like that is a wonder why everybody isn't doing it.  ;D 

sadly You just learn to look away.  :'(

Snorting Hydroxycut OMFG! that must have burned.

burned lol?!??!!?..................i puked then i had brown powdery snot comming outta my nose/mouth for the next few hours!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 10:10:48 AM »
Girls like I don't get a lot of respect shown to us, especially from females so I don't have a great repertoire in dealing with the reality
little comments like Flower says to me all the time is what we expect.  It is constantly a fight, we are the evil of society you know.

You make a condascending comment, I have made them back.  I  have felt that you say what you say you do to justify your living to yourself because I haven't heard any comments (I may have missed some) about your source of income until you say something negative about "office cows".  You are the one that likes to bring up that "you are the evil of society".   ::)

No one has asked you to justify it, yet you like to keep doing that?
   ???

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 10:51:27 AM »
My personal take...everyone has their own way of making a living.  As long as it's legal and isn't hurting anyone...who should care.  But on the flip side, it is a profession that I would not want my daughter doing only because I wouldn't want to know there were men looking at her at such a lustful piggy way or in an environment that OS has stated "she just learned to look away" from. 

But, in the end...we are all just trying to survive.