Author Topic: Make your call right now. Dems or Reps in November....  (Read 2490 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Make your call right now. Dems or Reps in November....
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 07:21:50 AM »
I picked Romney and Clinton as the candidates so I'm disqualified from making predictions.

You, however, picked Obama and McCain.  It seems that you do this stuff better than a lot of us do.  And I hope you are right.

well so far my only confirmed accurate call is McCain but I was calling that last summer.

I do think Obama will get the nomination and I do think he will score a decisive win over McCain.

Not so sure about the Veeps for either at this point

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 12:52:55 PM »
I guess I spoke wrong Ozmo ::)  He's right on the jump with making a judgment here, but couldn't for the life of him put down a choice in the getbig primary ::)

::)  You asked people to indicate who they were voting for in the middle of the primary, not predict who would win in November. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 01:01:26 PM »
::)  You asked people to indicate who they were voting for in the middle of the primary, not predict who would win in November. 

So what's your prediction?

One of the reasons i started this thread is becuase I've read some people predicting Obama will win in a landslide and i think even in the best of situations Obama will not win in a landslide.   And I'm really interested to know what people are predicting becuase it just seems really foggy to see for me.  It's not like the Reagan elections.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 01:08:49 PM »
either clinton or mccain can win, getting 48 to 51% of vote.

Obama can get 45% or 55%.  that high or that low.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 01:11:55 PM »
So what's your prediction?

One of the reasons i started this thread is becuase I've read some people predicting Obama will win in a landslide and i think even in the best of situations Obama will not win in a landslide.   And I'm really interested to know what people are predicting becuase it just seems really foggy to see for me.  It's not like the Reagan elections.

This sounds about right.  John Sidney McCain in a squeaker over Barrack Hussein Obama.

I don't think Obama can pull enough independents or Republicans to win the general.  He's too far to the left.  Really no different than Hillary.   

No way does Obama win in a landslide IMO.  That would mean he gets all of the Reagan Democrats, pulls the majority of the independents, and a significant number of Republicans.  Can't see that happening. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
No way does Obama win in a landslide IMO.  That would mean he gets all of the Reagan Democrats, pulls the majority of the independents, and a significant number of Republicans.  Can't see that happening. 

You didn't put a # on what a landslide is.

If we're in a bad recession, Obama could get 60% of the vote.

It's actually hard to imagine Mccain even getting 40% of the vote when his message is "I'll get us out of this economic mess by doing the same econominc things we've done for the last 8 years!"

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 01:14:49 PM »
obama would win. clinton would lose.

if the democrats put hillary as their candidate...they are officially retarded. i said it back in 04 when they chose kerry..   that they were mentally retarded...  ANYBODY could have beaten gwb in 04...and they chose kerry?  LOL.

everyone knows that hillary is one of the most hated politicians in the country. noone except middle aged white women are going to vote for her is shes the candidate.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
You didn't put a # on what a landslide is.

If we're in a bad recession, Obama could get 60% of the vote.

It's actually hard to imagine Mccain even getting 40% of the vote when his message is "I'll get us out of this economic mess by doing the same econominc things we've done for the last 8 years!"

Don't antagonize him. he'll start  ::) ::) ::) all over the place.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »
obama would win. clinton would lose.

if the democrats put hillary as their candidate...they are officially retarded. i said it back in 04 when they chose kerry..   that they were mentally retarded...  ANYBODY could have beaten gwb in 04...and they chose kerry?  LOL.

everyone knows that hillary is one of the most hated politicians in the country. noone except middle aged white women are going to vote for her is shes the candidate.

It would not surprise me if Hillary worked some miracle and pulled this out.  I think that's unlikely and that Obama gives them the best shot to win, but this is the same party that nominated Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry.  A string of losers.  Republicans haven't done much better with Dole and Dubya, neither of whom were very strong candidates. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 01:39:33 PM »
It would not surprise me if Hillary worked some miracle and pulled this out.  I think that's unlikely and that Obama gives them the best shot to win, but this is the same party that nominated Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry.  A string of losers.  Republicans haven't done much better with Dole and Dubya, neither of whom were very strong candidates. 

I agree.  good summation.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 02:55:46 PM »
Hilary is DOA - it's only a matter of time

She would need to win all remaining primaries with something like 70% of the vote to pull out a victory.  I just don't see that happening.

I think Obama will win the general election with a decisive victory but not a landslide ala Reagan/Mondale

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »
Hilary is DOA - it's only a matter of time

She would need to win all remaining primaries with something like 70% of the vote to pull out a victory.  I just don't see that happening.

I think Obama will win the general election with a decisive victory but not a landslide ala Reagan/Mondale

Superdelegates and I don't know what's going on with Florida.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
Superdelegates and I don't know what's going on with Florida.

good point