Author Topic: Make your call right now. Dems or Reps in November....  (Read 2489 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Make your call right now. Dems or Reps in November....
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »
Make your call right now.  Who's going to win it? 

The Dems? 

The Reps?

Will it be close?

Will it be a landslide?

Make you prediction and explain why.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Make your call right now. Dems or Reps in November....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 01:43:30 PM »

It should be the Dems.  However, it will be close.  Why?  BEcause Hillary Clinton is an evil bitch. 

Bottom line, I think even Hillary is a better option than McCain when it comes to getting the economy back on a surer footing, but I don't know what she stands for.... just like I don't know what McCain stands for. 

"Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter" to them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »
More and more of those party elders are starting to unite against hilary.

Bill was in Penn yesterday (I think it was penn), telling voters that if they voted for Hilary, they could have both hilary AND obama.

But every day, you see more op-ed pieces from party elders warning that disenfranchising an entire generation of new young obama voters will crush the party for 2 decades.  and the media is becoming VERY one-sided on this too.  They don't like the idea either.  2/3 of Dems would vote for such a ticket, but, 1/3 would not!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 02:39:33 PM »
McCain will take it. 

I'm no fan of McCain but frankly I see a lot of people who can see themselves defaulting to McCain and not feeling bad about it.  He comes across to a lot of libs as an "alright guy."

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
If the republican machine can beat Al Gore with GW Bush, then anything is possible.

I say McCain wins by 4%.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 02:47:11 PM »
If the republican machine can beat Al Gore with GW Bush, then anything is possible.

I say McCain wins by 4%.

lol.. margin is reasonable

ANYONE could've beaten gore

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »
lol.. margin is reasonable

ANYONE could've beaten gore
And he did.

It just goes to prove anybody can become president this day and age.

That's sad.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 03:12:27 PM »
And he did.

It just goes to prove anybody can become president this day and age.

That's sad.

Agreed.. Personally, I don't think either Hillary or Obama are qualified and that would further prove that point.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »
I think we have to wait and see what happens in Florida and MI. The media is starting to turn on Obama. There was a pretty good piece on him in the NYT. He's gotten a free pass. I disagree with 240. Some folks have said she should drop out but others feel that Obama won't stand up to the scrutiny of a general election.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 06:33:45 PM »
The thought of it makes me ill but it will be McCain, for sure, it's probably been decided already.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
I think we have to wait and see what happens in Florida and MI. The media is starting to turn on Obama. There was a pretty good piece on him in the NYT. He's gotten a free pass. I disagree with 240. Some folks have said she should drop out but others feel that Obama won't stand up to the scrutiny of a general election.

I'm not crazy about Obama... but...

By the time the convention mess is over and Obama emerges, it'll only be 9 weeks til election day.

If the Clinton election machine cannot debunk/discredit Obama in 18 months, I don't see how the republican machine can do it in 9 weeks.  Especially because 75% of Americans are "onto" Rove and his tactics.

yes, mccain just hired rove.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »
With the current corruption scandals in place, I would say Dictator Bush will figure out a way to give it to mcCain.

However Im thinking the clinton machine will win the presidency.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 09:57:59 PM »

I say McCain wins by 4%.

This sounds about right.  John Sidney McCain in a squeaker over Barrack Hussein Obama.

I don't think Obama can pull enough independents or Republicans to win the general.  He's too far to the left.  Really no different than Hillary.   

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 12:30:07 AM »
lol at the optimistic republicans in this thread.

The economy continues to tank, and soldiers are dying with some frequency in Iraq again.

And yet they think their candidate has a chance.

When people are getting fired (Hi the Coach ;) and foreclosed on, it's going to be real hard for them to muster any interest in gay marriage, abortion, national security, increasing the deficit, and all the other pet Republican projects.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 12:42:23 AM »
lol at the optimistic republicans in this thread.

The economy continues to tank, and soldiers are dying with some frequency in Iraq again.

And yet they think their candidate has a chance.

When people are getting fired (Hi the Coach ;) and foreclosed on, it's going to be real hard for them to muster any interest in gay marriage, abortion, national security, increasing the deficit, and all the other pet Republican projects.

Bush got voted in twice, anything is possible.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 12:45:08 AM »
Bush got voted in twice, anything is possible.

Anything is possible, but many things are not likely.  Given the current economic climate, it isn't likely that a Republican will win. 

McCain might be going up against satan herself. She won't stop at anything.... there will be another bloodbath on a Senate floor if Hillary gets the nomination. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »
Make your call right now.  Who's going to win it? 

The Dems? 

The Reps?

Will it be close?

Will it be a landslide?

Make you prediction and explain why.
I don't make predictions anymore because of the added variables... like diebold.  I guessed every election right from 1980 till Clinton then 2000 came and I was wrong.  Then I was oddly wrong again in 2004.  If the dems don't win by a landslide or do their own election rigging, they will lose in every close election from 2000 on out.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 06:03:33 AM »
Obama over McCain in a decisive victory

Clinton will not be on the ticket

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 06:51:34 AM »
Obama over McCain in a decisive victory

Clinton will not be on the ticket
I picked Romney and Clinton as the candidates so I'm disqualified from making predictions.

You, however, picked Obama and McCain.  It seems that you do this stuff better than a lot of us do.  And I hope you are right.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 07:04:34 AM »
I don't make predictions anymore because of the added variables... like diebold.  I guessed every election right from 1980 till Clinton then 2000 came and I was wrong.  Then I was oddly wrong again in 2004.  If the dems don't win by a landslide or do their own election rigging, they will lose in every close election from 2000 on out.

So based on your track record, tell us your prediction so we'll know who won't win.   ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 07:09:28 AM »
So based on your track record, tell us your prediction so we'll know who won't win.   ;D
uhhh... This is hard because I'll make my guess on factoring guesses from unknown diebold type issues.  Gut feeling factoring in the wacked shit, McCain will win, McCain will die in the first year or so and Huckabee with be president.  At this early stage, that's also based on a nightmare I had so who knows, I might change my stance in a few months.  That's more than BB will give, he's hardcore in not giving a prelim guess of any kind.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 07:12:49 AM »
uhhh... This is hard because I'll make my guess on factoring guesses from unknown diebold type issues.  Gut feeling factoring in the wacked shit, McCain will win, McCain will die in the first year or so and Huckabee with be president.  At this early stage, that's also based on a nightmare I had so who knows, I'll might change my stance in a few months.  That's more than BB will give, he's hardcore in not giving a prelim guess of any kind.

It's really hard to call this isn't it?  Reagan/Carter was easy. 

Scary.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 07:13:57 AM »
This sounds about right.  John Sidney McCain in a squeaker over Barrack Hussein Obama.

I don't think Obama can pull enough independents or Republicans to win the general.  He's too far to the left.  Really no different than Hillary.   

I guess I spoke wrong Ozmo ::)  He's right on the jump with making a judgment here, but couldn't for the life of him put down a choice in the getbig primary ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 07:17:32 AM »
It's really hard to call this isn't it?  Reagan/Carter was easy. 

Scary.
Reagan was easy both times, Bush was easy.  Clinton tossed people but I had him right.  To be fair, I haven't tried to call it this early ever before.  It will be different once we see who the two candidates are.  Obama will stand a better chance.  I don't think Hillary can win.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 07:17:57 AM »
I guess I spoke wrong Ozmo ::)  He's right on the jump with making a judgment here, but couldn't for the life of him put down a choice in the getbig primary ::)

That's my fear gut feeling too.   :(