Author Topic: HELP A BROTHER OUT!  (Read 4361 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: HELP A BROTHER OUT!
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »
I played basketball and twisted my foot real bad.. 2 months ago still hurts today! What are some exercises I can do to rehabilitate a sprained ankle? It's either the ligament or tendon that is sprained.

Thanks!

Soak it in epsom salts and warm water couple times a day.  I broke my foot, and it helps with the pain.
Most are all show no go!

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »
Def take advice from the guy who said use a band.  That's the best way to strengthen it back up, also continue doing it and keep it as part of your regime, this will help stop it from happening again.   
Abandon every hope...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 09:48:46 AM »
Yeah that's why I still recommended he try a little PT...2 months sounds like something might be wrong but I've seen tons of them that still hurt that far out and were tamed quite well within 3 more weeks of PT.  Besides, if it were an actual ligament TEAR it'd probably be alot worse right now than he's indicating and even then an MRI's needed to see damage of that nature.  If you're going through all the proper channels you're usually gonna be prescribed 2-3 weeks of PT anyway before the doctor grants you an MRI. 

Good points. An MRI &/or ultrasound wouldn't hurt if he can get it.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
Hope it feels better soon, future Mr O.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »
Get yourself a little resistance band and wrap it around your foot and do ankle inversion and eversion exercises after a throrough warm-up...like first thing right out of a hot shower or bath.  Do like 3-4 sets of 15-25...nothing of course heavy but do them until you're feeling the muscles on the outside of the lower leg start to burn and the movement getting really "smooth" in terms of neurological control.  Keep training calves as you have been in the gym and add in some tibialis pulls at the end of your routine.  Hammer Strength actually makes this little floor unit thing for this.  You would be amazed at the response of sprained ankles to PT...particularly the heat before exercise and then the ankle eversion resistance stuff polished off by a few minutes of bike work.  Icing at the end would be great but not entirely necessary unless it's kinda hurting from what you did.  It's a pretty chronic thing at this point so it's more important to heat it up before training it than ice afterwards. 

Alexxx you're an absolute savage beast warrior Getbig legend; I know you can overcome this in grand fashion.  Just shave your legs for the Mr. Getbig 3. 

Ahh thanks McFarland this is exactly the type of stuff I was looking for. You're a cool cat! 8)
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 10:23:59 AM »
those are a pain in the ass to strengthen / fix.

besides calf raises, id do alot of calf-type stretching...ie extend ur leg in back of you, knee locked out, ankle to the floor. feel the pull across the calves and hamstrings..

do some ankle rotations.

also PRO GYM has this (front calf) machine, where you work your Tibialis Anteior (muscle on front of ur shin) and it involved bringing ur toes up and have ur ankles planted...basically the opposite of a conventional calf raise.

u can do this at ur gym by standing on a pair of 25's (plates) with ur ankles. toes on the actual floor (meaning ur foot is sloped down)
then u bring ur body up, pivoting on the heel, lifting ur toes up. usually a soreness or pump/burn in the shin area lets you know your doing this right.

peace

I tried my last calf workout to do some leg press calf raises with just a plate on each side and the knees locked, man those felt awesome. I think I got a better workout going that light with proper form.

I used to do Tibialis specific work when I was younger. I will try that again without the machine cause all we got is atlantis seated calf raise lol! Thanks bro.

just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 10:28:05 AM »
I had a look at my x-ray and everything seemed fine. I am just going to incorporate some rubberband exercises and soak it in hot water. Thanks to all for contributing. The champ will be fine. 8)
just push some weight!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 11:07:43 AM »
I had a look at my x-ray and everything seemed fine. I am just going to incorporate some rubberband exercises and soak it in hot water. Thanks to all for contributing. The champ will be fine. 8)

Mark my words,
whiskey,a saw,and an old leather strap to bite into.
once gangrene starts to spread your screwed!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »

Mark my words,
whiskey,a saw,and an old leather strap to bite into.
once gangrene starts to spread your screwed!

Damn bro that's not healthy! Since you like that kind of thing there is a story printed in the Russian paper about a tractor accident. It involved a young boy maybe 5 years old and how he got his foot sliced off in the machine by accident. They took his foot and put it in a congilator. The hospital was far away since they lived in some village. After some time passed they arrived at the hospital the doctors started operating on his foot. The doctors told the father his son will never be the same. Probably won't be able to walk. But the father prayed real hard the whole time. Not only did the re-attach the foot but several months later it was completely healed like it never happened.

So you see.. there is hope for you too. ;)
just push some weight!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 11:38:44 AM »
Damn bro that's not healthy! Since you like that kind of thing there is a story printed in the Russian paper about a tractor accident. It involved a young boy maybe 5 years old and how he got his foot sliced off in the machine by accident. They took his foot and put it in a congilator. The hospital was far away since they lived in some village. After some time passed they arrived at the hospital the doctors started operating on his foot. The doctors told the father his son will never be the same. Probably won't be able to walk. But the father prayed real hard the whole time. Not only did the re-attach the foot but several months later it was completely healed like it never happened.

So you see.. there is hope for you too. ;)

Must a been a clean cut.probaly during the Russian winter,to cold for infection ;D

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »

Must a been a clean cut.probaly during the Russian winter,to cold for infection ;D

Yeah one of the perks to live in Russia. But it's still not as bad as living in Canadian weather. We got 3.50m of snow this year so far. Expecting more!
just push some weight!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 12:42:06 PM »
MASTURBATION

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 12:50:59 PM »
I would suggest going to see your Doctor and having Phyiso on your ankle.In futer I would suggest wearing a good shoe to prevent ankle sprans.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 01:08:12 PM »
Yeah I went and got and X-Ray the same night the injury occured. I couldn't even get to the bathroom. There are no broken bones or fractures it's just the ligament on the outside of the foot. I am just wondering what kind of exercises help to strengthen those ligaments. Calf raises and what else?
Alexxx, didn't they tell you what you could/should do with this injury?  Have you even gone for a follow-up with your doctor?  Don't push it too much without a doctors consent, you could go from a sprain to a tear.  :-\
:D Weee

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2008, 03:11:53 PM »
Alexxx, didn't they tell you what you could/should do with this injury?  Have you even gone for a follow-up with your doctor?  Don't push it too much without a doctors consent, you could go from a sprain to a tear.  :-\

Your thinking too much like a woman.  Doctors consent? pfff!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 03:15:21 PM »
you are gay.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »
consult a local physician

we live in Canada, Alexxx; it's free

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »
its called karma alexxx

not a sprained ankle
A

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »
consult a local physician

we live in Canada, Alexxx; it's free

LOL.  how long would it take for you to see a doc there?  6 months?  a year?  honestly, whats the waiting time up there?
you are gay.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2008, 04:35:55 PM »
LOL.  how long would it take for you to see a doc there?  6 months?  a year?  honestly, whats the waiting time up there?

its not so bad if you already have a family doctor

certain high-speed treatments are backlogged though

I doubt Alexxx will have any trouble

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2008, 05:01:34 PM »
Yeah one of the perks to live in Russia. But it's still not as bad as living in Canadian weather. We got 3.50m of snow this year so far. Expecting more!

My girl is from Halifax.she said its been a brutal winter back home.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

The doc told me I could play basketball again within a month. I played but it still hurt. I'll be fine thanks for your concern sweetie.
just push some weight!

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »
This may sound a bit weird, but what doesn't on this board ??? Place a 2x4 on the ground, flat and walk it a few times. Be EXTREMELY careful not to fall or re twist your foot. Just the balance alone, will strengthen both sides of the ankle. It may take a few weeks, but it will defiantly help. Formerly had both ankles broke.
                                                                                                        Mitchyboy :)

Moosejay

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2008, 10:51:31 PM »
Ummm, anyone can get sued giving this fellow advice. Sounds lousy, but please don't. See a doctor, guy.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2008, 11:02:48 PM »
Ummm, anyone can get sued giving this fellow advice. Sounds lousy, but please don't. See a doctor, guy.

I thought you were dying.