Author Topic: Barbara and Joy Didn't Know What to Do with Star Parker  (Read 2247 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Barbara and Joy Didn't Know What to Do with Star Parker
« on: March 10, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »
Star handled herself beautifully on the view.  Wish I had seen it.  I'm still laughing at Joy and Barbara's discomfort.  Elizabeth didn't even know what to say. lol Here's a write-up and a clip from the show:

http://www.lcweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=95

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: Barbara and Joy Didn't Know What to Do with Star Parker
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »
that was awesome.

nice to see a chrsitian stand up for herself and speak her beliefs on national tv

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:44:25 AM »
yep, she handled herself well. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 11:45:17 AM »
Who is Star Parker?  Was she a "guest host" or is she the new person for that seat?

I can't handle shows where people are yelling talking over each other.  They wouldn't even let the chick finish answering one question and they're asking her another one.

R

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »
Who is Star Parker?  Was she a "guest host" or is she the new person for that seat?

I can't handle shows where people are yelling talking over each other.  They wouldn't even let the chick finish answering one question and they're asking her another one.

I can't stand that either, Buddyro.  That's why I don't particularly care for Hannity & Colmes, because they're always shouting over one another.  I thought it was very interesting that Joy made the statement that Star was "all over the place".  She and Barbara where the ones who wouldn't even let Star stay on her point long enough to answer her question. 

oh, here's a quick bio on Star:  http://www.urbancure.org/starparker.asp

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »
I can't watch that at work b/c I don't have the software but I did read the article.

Now for my personal belief.

All consciousness is valuable and ranked according to sophistication.  Preserving conscious life is extremely important to me.  I try to be a vegetarian b/c I don't care for killing animals for food...though I do fall short once in a while. 

As a matter of course, a fetus would certainly fall within my sphere of caring in the sense that it is nascent consciousness.  That's my personal view.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »
Why can't people on talk shows just act and talk like normal human beings? How do they expect anyone to believe that they have any insight into spirituality if they talk about it as if they would discuss cheesecake recipes?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »
I try to be a vegetarian b/c I don't care for killing animals for food...though I do fall short once in a while. 

Nice.  Me too.  Been a herbivore for 18 years.   

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:55:13 PM »
I'm a vegetarian too........ can I sit at the cool table too?

OK, I'm not.  ::) But for the last years I've confined my bloodlust to fish and some fowl.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:59:39 PM »

oh, here's a quick bio on Star:  http://www.urbancure.org/starparker.asp

Let me sum it up for you.

She was a welfare mother, and has MARKETING degree from a school that apparently can't bear mention (it's not named).

Then she became on expert on something.  What she's an expert on is unclear .... it might be talk shows.  ::)

And she's written a couple of books with creative titles (the kind that make privileged folks and privileged folk wannabes wish they had time to read them).