Author Topic: Jay's heavy shoulder presses.  (Read 8360 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Jay's heavy shoulder presses.
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 05:42:16 AM »
where are jay's veins?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 07:49:34 AM »
He's not on Coleman's level circa 2000.

405 on squats looks exhausting for Jay on squats, so much so he only gets 6 reps on the second set. Coleman squatted twice that. Cutler's upper body may be on par strength wise, lower body, forget about it.

if you watch that video closely 405 is VERY easy for Jay on bb squats, he gets 10 very easily with a close stance fairly deep, on one of his older videos he did 8 DEEP reps with 8 plates on each side of the hack squat, his legs are very strong.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 08:03:54 AM »
Jay was benching 405 on incline when he was 20 years old guys...i would know i spotted him more than once. Hes always been incredibly strong but hes also very smart and does what he has to, to remain injury free. Im sure theres times he moves huge weight but most of the time we see him doing a vid or something or training segment and the point is to teach something, not boost his ego.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 08:23:00 AM »
Jay was benching 405 on incline when he was 20 years old guys...i would know i spotted him more than once. Hes always been incredibly strong but hes also very smart and does what he has to, to remain injury free. Im sure theres times he moves huge weight but most of the time we see him doing a vid or something or training segment and the point is to teach something, not boost his ego.

405 on incline at 20?!?!    WOW.   how many reps was he getting? 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 08:26:39 AM »
405 on incline at 20?!?!    WOW.   how many reps was he getting? 
if that's really the case then his strength hasn't gone up by much because he did 405 for 3-4 with his wife's hands on the bar on his video that came out in early '03 but that's still impressive.

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 08:48:08 AM »
if that's really the case then his strength hasn't gone up by much because he did 405 for 3-4 with his wife's hands on the bar on his video that came out in early '03 but that's still impressive.

I think that was shortly after a contest though.  Not full offseason.  Kerri's body was smoking in that dvd though.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 09:00:05 AM »
i can do the 90's for 6

oh yeah baby. im a beast

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »
Wow I am impressed. Jay maybe even be stronger than Coleman because he handles the 140's like they are nothing!

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »
hahahaa, same old "i took some time off and shrunk from 280 at 1 percent bf down to 162 at 18 percent but i'm working back up to it and will be back to pressing world record weights again in no time" but as expected.........no proof or picture posted. :D

lol... fuckin clowns and their bullshit claims...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »
Wow I am impressed. Jay maybe even be stronger than Coleman because he handles the 140's like they are nothing!

coleman did 160 for 6 i think

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 06:36:10 AM »
coleman did 160 for 6 i think

Yes, he did  ;)

But it wouldn't be fair to compare Jay with Ronnie....or anyone to Ronnie for that matter  :o

There might be someone out there who can out lift ronnie on one lift...but I wanna see someone hit the numbers he did for deadlift, front squat, bench (DB and barbell), and shoulder press  ;)

To me, the most impressive lift was his 200's for 12 on flat bench...with perfect form and the DB's in perfect alignment the whole time...he could've easily done five more!

just not good enough

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »

Yes, he did  ;)

But it wouldn't be fair to compare Jay with Ronnie....or anyone to Ronnie for that matter  :o

There might be someone out there who can out lift ronnie on one lift...but I wanna see someone hit the numbers he did for deadlift, front squat, bench (DB and barbell), and shoulder press  ;)

To me, the most impressive lift was his 200's for 12 on flat bench...with perfect form and the DB's in perfect alignment the whole time...he could've easily done five more!

It was an impressive lift, however Ronnie did not use perfect form. But all pro's seem to use sloppy half reps and are f.... huge.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2008, 12:58:58 PM »
hahahhaa, i love you clowns who think that Ronnie should be using a five second down, stretch the chest and pause and then 5 seconds back up style with a pair of 200 pound db's. ;D

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »
hahahhaa, i love you clowns who think that Ronnie should be using a five second down, stretch the chest and pause and then 5 seconds back up style with a pair of 200 pound db's. ;D

5 seconds? At least 10 seconds lol... Well maybe a lock out would be nice?

Perfect form is however probably a bit overrated...

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 02:47:56 PM »
5 seconds? At least 10 seconds lol... Well maybe a lock out would be nice?

Um, no...a lockout with 200lb dumbells?!  When you start lifting db's heavier than 50 you'll notice a trend....THEY GET WIDER as they get heavier  ;) 

Here's another strong benching bodybuilder doing the same lift....to help you grasp how heavy these are:

just not good enough