Author Topic: Interesting Government study...........  (Read 3230 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: Interesting Government study...........
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »
OK.  That still does not absolve the Bush Administration from ordering the invasion of Iraq--1441 clearly requires permission from the Security Council and Bush never got that.

Assume you are right and that Saddam was fooling the world with his WMD stockpiles.

Was the war worth it?  Was Iraq a threat to the US & in cahoots with Al Qaeda?

Al Qaeda and Saddam's Iraq were enemies.  

Even if the WMDs existed, Hussein had no way to deliver them to US territories.  

In short, Iraq was no threat to the US.  The pre-war CIA reports showed that until the speculative statements in those reports became certainties and Saddam became a world beater.

Absolutely, and I can say with full confidence you will also find out more about the role of Al Queda in Iraq.  They were not enemies at all.

And I'm just curious but would you rather have waited until he could have reached Europe? Or even the US?  How dangerous does he have to be before you do something or do you wait until he acts first?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2008, 03:50:46 PM »
Absolutely, and I can say with full confidence you will also find out more about the role of Al Queda in Iraq.  They were not enemies at all.

And I'm just curious but would you rather have waited until he could have reached Europe? Or even the US?  How dangerous does he have to be before you do something or do you wait until he acts first?
When would I have thought military force against Iraq was necessary?

If I am basing my intent to attack on the procedure outlined in UN Res 1441, I would go to the security council with evidence of Hussein's non-compliance with the resolution--namely inspections and the voluntary provision of information related to forbidden weapons.

If that evidence is non-existent, then I don't order the attack.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2008, 04:27:28 PM »

I love how you completely ignore anything past 1 move with Saddam.  Saddam was a thug.  No different then your neighborhood gangster.  Iran on the other hand, feel as if their actions carry religious significance.  that's more dangerous than 10 Saddams surrounding the USA.