Author Topic: I have never been a fan of Dexter!!!  (Read 3285 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
I have never been a fan of Dexter!!!
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:39:53 AM »
But after the last Mr. O and his showing at the ASC I have to say he is really impressive looking. He hasn't really grown much throughout his career but his hardness and muscle maturity is through the roof and when he nails his conditioning like he has at his past 3 shows he looks fantastic. Dex has grown better with age and in due time will be widely regarded as better then that oil filled bag of shit ninja fighter Flex Wheeler. I now wouldn't be surprised if he won an Olympia especially if he improves anymore then he has in the past 1-2 years. I can't believe I used to think this guy was way overrated but after seeing pictures like this I have to eat my own words.

*he has also proven he can keep his waistline in check, something that people questioned a few years ago.

Look at his quad detail even in a "relaxed pose", that wasn't there 3 years ago

His chest is more filled in and has more pop to it

There is that quad seperation he used to lack and his chest doesn't look as flat either.

Looks better then Flex to me especially with the striations in the shoulders (instead of oil), chest that isn't way undersized and traps that bulge from his back into his neck.

I

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: I have never been a fan of Dexter!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »
They complain that Wolf is flawed with high lats but his lats are nowhere as high as Dexters.  Horrible front double bicep.

Dexter would be lucky to make fifth in a lineup that would have Flex, Shawn, Levrone,Cutler, Victor etc....

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 08:51:05 AM »
They complain that Wolf is flawed with high lats but his lats are nowhere as high as Dexters.  Horrible front double bicep.

Dexter would be lucky to make fifth in a lineup that would have Flex, Shawn, Levrone,Cutler, Victor etc....

Well yeah some people def have better structure and some guys are bigger but my point is Dex seems to really be maxing out his physique and he looks fantastic. He shows seperation and detail everywhere, has a tiny waist and looks hard as nails, that's something all bbers strive for when it's contest time but few have.
I

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 08:55:25 AM »
Did he not say he does no cardio, if so his metabolism must be like a furnace.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 08:56:17 AM »
dexter coudl use a little bit more shoulder width.... but thats genetic....   other than that i think he has maxed his physique out, has nothing left to improve on.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »

Well yeah some people def have better structure and some guys are bigger but my point is Dex seems to really be maxing out his physique and he looks fantastic. He shows seperation and detail everywhere, has a tiny waist and looks hard as nails, that's something all bbers strive for when it's contest time but few have.

I agree, whatever limitations he has, he does a fine work of beeing always in perfect shape, trying to bring the most aesthetic physique possible and not trying to gain another 15lbs of mass to look like the next freak out there. And one of the reasons why he's conditioning is so good is probably because he has maintained a certain balance overall.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:49 AM »

Without a doubt the guy shows up in shape all of the time.  The funny thing is he has this lazy attitude towards bodybuilding.  Not sure if he is just being sarcastic or if he really doesn't go balls out.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 09:09:33 AM »
Without a doubt the guy shows up in shape all of the time.  The funny thing is he has this lazy attitude towards bodybuilding.  Not sure if he is just being sarcastic or if he really doesn't go balls out.

He has to be sarcastic I mean you really think someone wins 3 Ascs being lazy. I don't think he goes balls to the walls or maxes out ever but he is training hard and working his muscle enough to benefit him but not ever risk injury. I think too many guys get caught up in this idea of going all out every workout, just stay consistent work on problems areas and make sure your nutrition is in check and you should see nothing but improvements. Patience is the key in BBing, trying to improve to fast usually ends up in disaster and the guys who take their time tend to stay injury free and get better year after year until they hit their 40's where IMO you can't really gain but you can maintain.
I

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »

As much as I didnt care for Dexter's attitude after the arnold this year, I think he is the best bodybuilder there is today.  Other than his calves, which can be overlooked, he's pretty much perfect.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 09:23:32 AM »
He still got Synthol in his biceps. He got rid of the Synthol in his calves, though.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 09:33:01 AM »
Mike:

Dex has always looked good; he's made appropriate improvements over the year,s but he has always looked good.  What's really changed is your perception of his physique.  Muscle isn't the only thing in bodybuilding that has to mature.

Alexander Sturm

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 09:34:35 AM »
Oh I did not know they stand relaxed in the lineup  ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »
He still got Synthol in his biceps. He got rid of the Synthol in his calves, though.
he got rid of the synthol? really? thats interesting.

;D

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 10:01:11 AM »
Synthol is eventually metabolized and absorbed into the body.  The only reason it would stay in place is if you consistently kept adminstering it.  All he means is Dex stopped using it.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 10:04:30 AM »
Mike:

Dex has always looked good; he's made appropriate improvements over the year,s but he has always looked good.  What's really changed is your perception of his physique.  Muscle isn't the only thing in bodybuilding that has to mature.

Just his overall look, can't you see the difference???

I

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »
his physique has definitely improved if only in subtle ways

I've been a fan since I watched his dvd - I couldn't believe how big his arms were and the level of detail and seperation throughout his entire physique

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 10:36:55 AM »
dexter coudl use a little bit more shoulder width.... but thats genetic....   other than that i think he has maxed his physique out, has nothing left to improve on.
he said he put on an extra 7lbs for the arnold and plans to come in 7 lbs heavier again for the olympia - so he will keep on improving. joe mcneil has worked wonders and his system allows dex to gain mass but keep his midsection under control.

he is better in every way bar muscle mass, to all the other competitors. so if he can add some more it can only help.

he should be mr o.
175lbs by 31st July

noodrin

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 10:48:08 AM »
dexter jackson looking good here lol

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 10:52:12 AM »
Dexter was best conditioned in the 2003 or 2004 Olympia, as he got heavier his lines weren't as deep

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 10:54:29 AM »
he can be a lot bigger don't be ridiculus........not enough drugs........

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 10:56:48 AM »
Dexter was best conditioned in the 2003 or 2004 Olympia, as he got heavier his lines weren't as deep

2003 was probably his best year conditioning wise but if he keeps his gains and matches that conditioning (which he is almost doing now) he will look very much worthy of a Sandow.
I

noodrin

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 11:05:02 AM »
looking diced!!

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »

Just his overall look, can't you see the difference???

Look at his CALVES (especially) and biceps difference in the pictures attached. Exactly what I'm talking about, he's definitely less syntholish these days.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »
I am not a fan of Dex but I thought Dex looked impreasive at the Aronld.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 03:31:19 PM »
when he won his first ASC back in 2005 i think that was the best conditioned i have ever seen him.
but he has put on some more mass now so i think he looks better now..
At last years O was the best combination of the both i have seen (mass and conditioning)
there's no magic pills... just needles