Author Topic: Do you ladies think...  (Read 1312 times)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Do you ladies think...
« on: March 12, 2008, 02:51:58 PM »
Men as a class are irreformable?

One of my female co-workers made this claim today during a long discussion.

This all came about because I opened the door for her as we were entering our office building; She did not appreciate the chivalrous gesture. She would not go through the door first and gestured me to go in ahead of her. I don’t get it, has (male to female) courtesy become obsolete in today’s society? I thought women wanted to be shown respect?

I was raised to open doors and give my coat to a woman if she is cold. I was taught to let women and children go first, to cover all expenses for an evening out, what has happened?

Has man-kind disappointed woman-kind to this point?

Do you find these types of gestures disrespectful?

I can only assume that she thought my intention was disingenuous and that I had other reasons for letting her through first, I don't know what but I don’t get it!

Irreformable Man
W

w8m8

Re: Do you ladies think...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 04:00:24 PM »
She has issues  ::)

You're a gentleman and it's appreciated by people who matter

I can't understand her reaction and won't try to

I'm glad you are the way you are  :D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »

I've held doors open for men, and I've held doors open for women.  It is a sign of courtesy or maybe just wanting to do something nice for someone else you don't even know just because it makes humans a bit less assholish and might make someones day.

Hell I have even opened a door for a guy who then went to the next set of doors and held them for me and we both had a chuckle over it.

Tell her it's just a fucking door and not to let it hit her in the ass on the way out. 

Or better yet if you get the opportunity to go through a door before her turn around and make sure it shuts completely so she can open it herself.

flower teh hepful has given her advices 
  :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 06:27:05 PM »

This all came about because I opened the door for her as we were entering our office building; She did not appreciate the chivalrous gesture. She would not go through the door first and gestured me to go in ahead of her. I don’t get it, has (male to female) courtesy become obsolete in today’s society? I thought women wanted to be shown respect?

I was raised to open doors and give my coat to a woman if she is cold. I was taught to let women and children go first, to cover all expenses for an evening out, what has happened?

I can only assume that she thought my intention was disingenuous and that I had other reasons for letting her through first, I don't know what but I don’t get it!

Irreformable Man

Nope...you did the right thing brother. The same thing happens to me I would say at least  once or twice a week. And where? They gym. Some people are just too intimidated and insist that you go ahead and some people are just not into that. I always thought it was common courtasy to hold a door open for anyone in general walking close behind me rather then slam the damn thing in their face.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:54:06 AM »
She has issues  ::)

You're a gentleman and it's appreciated by people who matter

I can't understand her reaction and won't try to

I'm glad you are the way you are  :D

ditto.
w

twigs87

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:51:41 AM »

Irreformable Man

there used to be an expectation for men to act "like a gentleman" and open doors, pay for dinner, etc. since then however there has been a change in society with women becoming "independent" and insisting that she needs no man to take care of her. personally, i appreciate gestures like that, but i wouldn't get insulted if a man didn't open a door for me. i also find myself opening doors for other people, and sometimes i take the check at dinner. i dunno. maybe everyone should act like a gentleman.
Just another day...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:55:26 AM »
I agree w/all the responses although I when talking directly to the woman I may phrase this one just a tiny bit differently

Tell her it's just a fucking door and not to let it hit her in the ass on the way out. 

;D
R

w8m8

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 05:58:09 AM »
there used to be an expectation for men to act "like a gentleman" and open doors, pay for dinner, etc. since then however there has been a change in society with women becoming "independent" and insisting that she needs no man to take care of her. personally, i appreciate gestures like that, but i wouldn't get insulted if a man didn't open a door for me. i also find myself opening doors for other people, and sometimes i take the check at dinner. i dunno.

maybe everyone should act like a gentleman.

great thought twigs  :D that seems like a fine idea , it could only improve things  :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 08:05:02 AM »

I've held doors open for men, and I've held doors open for women.  It is a sign of courtesy or maybe just wanting to do something nice for someone else you don't even know just because it makes humans a bit less assholish and might make someones day.

Hell I have even opened a door for a guy who then went to the next set of doors and held them for me and we both had a chuckle over it.

Or better yet if you get the opportunity to go through a door before her turn around and make sure it shuts completely so she can open it herself.

flower teh hepful has given her advices 

;D

JosephineD

• Getbig II
  • Josephine cPT, Sports/Fitness Model, Competitor
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 11:26:59 PM »

Irreformable Man

I see nothing wrong with a man being a gentleman.... if the gentleman doesn't mind my being a lady
J