Author Topic: Weather Channel Founder : Sue ALGORE For Fraud  (Read 1257 times)

The Coach

Weather Channel Founder : Sue ALGORE For Fraud
« on: March 13, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »
The founder of the Weather Channel wants to sue Al Gore for fraud, hoping a legal debate will settle the global warming debate once and for all.

John Coleman, who founded the cable network in 1982, suggests suing for fraud proponents of global warming, including Al Gore, and companies that sell carbon credits.

"Is he committing financial fraud? That is the question," Coleman said.

"Since we can't get a debate, I thought perhaps if we had a legal challenge and went into a court of law, where it was our scientists and their scientists, and all the legal proceedings with the discovery and all their documents from both sides and scientific testimony from both sides, we could finally get a good solid debate on the issue," Coleman said. "I'm confident that the advocates of 'no significant effect from carbon dioxide' would win the case."

Click here to watch video of Coleman on "Fox and Friends."

Coleman says his side of the global warming debate is being buried in mainstream media circles.

RelatedStories
Two Dozen World Cities Will Go Dark for Global Warming Awareness Video
Climate Debate "As you look at the atmosphere over the last 25 years, there's been perhaps a degree of warming, perhaps probably a whole lot less than that, and the last year has been so cold that that's been erased," he said.

"I think if we continue the cooling trend a couple of more years, the general public will at last begin to realize that they've been scammed on this global warming thing."

Coleman spoke to FOXNews.com after his appearance last week at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change in New York, where he called global warming a scam and lambasted the cable network he helped create.

"You want to tune to the Weather Channel and have them tell you how to live your life?" Coleman said. "Come on."

He laments the network's decision to focus on traffic and lifestyle reports over the weather.

"It's very clear that they don't realize that weather is the most significant impact in every human being's daily life, and good, solid, up-to-the-minute weather information and meaningful forecasts presented in such a way that people find them understandable and enjoyable can have a significant impact," he said.

"The more you cloud that up with other baloney, the weaker the product," he said.

Coleman has long been a skeptic of global warming, and carbon dioxide is the linchpin to his argument. "Does carbon dioxide cause a warming of the atmosphere? The proponents of global warming pin their whole piece on that," he said.

The compound carbon dioxide makes up only 38 out of every 100,000 particles in the atmosphere, he said.

"That's about twice as what there were in the atmosphere in the time we started burning fossil fuels, so it's gone up but it's still a tiny compound," Coleman said. "So how can that tiny trace compound have such a significant effect on temperature?

"My position is it can't," he continued. "It doesn't, and the whole case for global warming is based on a fallacy."

Click here for John Coleman's briefs on global warming.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Weather Channel Founder : Sue ALGORE For Fraud
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 04:46:44 PM »
Is this a joke ::)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:23:30 PM »
Snow melts, then it grows again.  end of story.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 08:48:54 PM »
Myself I'm thinking of suing the church - after all there is no god.

Wait hang on - wasn't there something in there about fox news propaganda.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »
Coach, do you think the leaders of the world religions like Islam, Christianity and Judaism should be sued for fraud as well?

As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:14:36 AM »
Joe = politics of hate.

I've been asking him for days to SELL ME on mccain.  Give me 5 reasons why he's the best candidate.

He's refused!

Instead, he's posted dozens of sarcastic, mean-spirited posts about the democratic candidates in that time.  But when asked on a public forum to give 5 simple reasons why Mccain is stronger, he cannot answer.

Is it because he doesn't know?  He just knows the dems are bad, so he's voting anti-dem? He said he's out campaigning for mccain with his wife... yet he can't list 5 reasons why he's GOOD, only a million reasons why the dems are BAD.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 07:01:42 AM »
Coach, do you think the leaders of the world religions like Islam, Christianity and Judaism should be sued for fraud as well?

I'm surprised they haven't.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 07:46:41 AM »
The founder of the Weather Channel wants to sue Al Gore for fraud, hoping a legal debate will settle the global warming debate once and for all....
Didn't you hear?  Science has already settled the global warming issue: 

Worldwide scientific community concluding GW is occurring: 1

Right wing crackpot elitest business interests: 0

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:57:11 PM »
Global Warming is a joke as a political issue.

The world is on a Cycle of heating and cooling.

Get used to it.

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 10:08:07 PM »

Really Zack? And why would they do that?

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »
Global Warming is a joke as a political issue.

The world is on a Cycle of heating and cooling.

Get used to it.

EXACTLY......it's already been proven that the earth has only risen about 1 degree in the last 100 years. Gore's a complete idiot, hey Rob, talk about fearmongering!!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 10:50:50 PM »
EXACTLY......it's already been proven that the earth has only risen about 1 degree in the last 100 years. Gore's a complete idiot, hey Rob, talk about fearmongering!!

That study about that 1 degree increase...

had a range of error of  + or - 1 degree.

Go figure.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 11:38:49 PM »

Global warming is nothing I worry about.  Both sides are full of paid scientists who take extreme positions.  I don't believe Al Gore's "we're all going to slip into the sea" just as I don't believe the White House when they had any mention of it stripped from documents.

both sides are feeding us shit on this one, Joe.  Because neither of them knows the facts.  Both have their theories, and they tell us it's fact, which makes them bullshitters.

So I know you're DYING to make me look like a lib, but I think Gore is full o shit on this one, and it doesnt' change the fact I'm an America loving gun nut and you're still a former clinton voter living in an anti-gun state by choice :)