Author Topic: So i have a cold.....  (Read 1070 times)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
So i have a cold.....
« on: March 13, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »
its just starting so it isnt too bad, but like most here i dont want one >:( I want to try and get rid of it or reduce the severity of it.

So was just wondering if you guys have any tips or tricks for it. Right now im just drinking a heap of water, taking a lot of vitamin C and drinking a lot of tea. Any other tricks or tips that you think can work?
No doubt about it...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: So i have a cold.....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 06:18:51 PM »
Drinking lots of fluids is good.
Additionally, get lots of rest to keep your immune system strong. That means staying out of the gym for a few days.

Many people swear by those Alka-Seltzer vitamins, but lately their effectiveness has been highly questionable.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:56:54 PM »
I swear by Airborne even though this just was recently in the news.

Gotta start it quick though in order for it to be most effective.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=204400.0
:

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 08:55:07 PM »
dose your vitamin c 500mgs every hour until bowel tolerance then stay at that dose for a couple days.

you will thank me later, your looking at 6-10grams of vitamin c, very potent anti-viral at these doses, works for me everytime.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 03:51:31 AM »
I swear by Airborne even though this just was recently in the news.

Gotta start it quick though in order for it to be most effective.

I must concede.
I used Airborne (as you suggest above) for the first time this winter. Whether it's coincidence or not, I've not gotten a cold once, though I have been taking better care of myself in general this cold season.

I was skeptical for years because I'd heard about the "miracles" of Zicam, which never did it for me. Perhaps it's individualistic - some people resopnd differently to each OTC remedy.
Either way, it certainly wouldn't hurt to try them if you're going to be sick anyway.

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
its just starting so it isnt too bad, but like most here i dont want one >:( I want to try and get rid of it or reduce the severity of it.

So was just wondering if you guys have any tips or tricks for it. Right now im just drinking a heap of water, taking a lot of vitamin C and drinking a lot of tea. Any other tricks or tips that you think can work?
Olive leaf extract works well