Author Topic: CLA: Bullshit or Accelerated Fat Loss...  (Read 10919 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: CLA: Bullshit or Accelerated Fat Loss...
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 10:29:53 AM »
bro...do you know what cla isomer is sold in stores?

look it up, then re-read your post.

moron.

I think you should be banned from this board for potentially harmful and negligent advice to be honest. You take PRIMAFORCE CLA RIGHT?

90 Softgels  
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Softgel
Servings Per Container90

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 9  
Calories From Fat 9  
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g †

Sunflower/safflower Oil(High Linoleic Acid) 1000mg †
Conjugated Linoleic Acid(CLA) 700mg †
Cis-9, Trans 11 Isomer 300mg †
Trans 10, Cis-12 Isomer

now read the studies, most if not all supps are mixtures of isomers you tit.

Development of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)-mediated lipoatrophic syndrome in the mouse

H. Poiriera, I. Niota, L. Clémenta, M. Guerre-Millob and P. Besnarda, ,  
aPhysiologie de la Nutrition, École Nationale Supérieure de Biologie Appliquée à la Nutrition et à l'Alimentation (ENSBANA), UMR 5170 CNRS-CESG/1214INRA/Université de Bourgogne, F-21000 Dijon, France
b2 U341 Inserm, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, F-75005 Paris, France
Received 30 September 2004;  accepted 2 November 2004.  Available online 8 December 2004.

Abstract
Conjugated linoleic acids (CLA) are positional and geometric dienoic isomers of linoleic acid. Dietary CLA supplementation leads to a drop in fat mass in various species, including in humans. The t10,c12-CLA isomer is responsible for this anti-obesity effect. The reduction of fat mass is especially dramatic in the mouse, in which it is associated with severe hyperinsulinemia, insulin resistance and massive liver steatosis. The origin of these adverse side effects and putative chronology of events leading to CLA-mediated lipoatrophic syndrome are presented and discussed in this review.

IN mice the t19,c12 cla isomer is most effective, so its the main one used in human studies and supps, hence the study below. the first study.

You have been proven wrong on every claim and have offered no evidence whatsoever. If i was a mod i would ban you for being so stupid and impeding discussions with your nonsense.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 10:32:27 AM »
Post my studies pshh How about you step on stage next to me and we will see who's cla works and then we will find out who really smokes pole

::)

i hope your not a grown man.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 10:34:07 AM »
by the way that primaforce product looks like SHIT. why so high in cheap w-6 oil? it is proven to increase inflammation etc..

ALL around shit product, more good advice from candidate.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 11:01:45 AM »
Candidate you online are you going to respond or act like a little bitch. why dont you man up and admit you where wrong, people would respect you more.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »
your a douchebag...im always online, 24/7 365...    ever hear of breakfast?

haha..

i dont feel like proving my point, or defending a supplements effectiveness to somebody who i could give a shit less if they imrpove or benefit from said supplement.

the research is out there, and the product works. try it, or dont.   whatever

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 11:57:31 AM »
Brutal owning in this thread.

Mbzz.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 12:02:28 PM »
your a douchebag...im always online, 24/7 365...    ever hear of breakfast?

haha..

i dont feel like proving my point, or defending a supplements effectiveness to somebody who i could give a shit less if they imrpove or benefit from said supplement.

the research is out there, and the product works. try it, or dont.   whatever

you have been savagely PWND hahahahahahhahahhahhahah ahahaahaahahhahahahahahh aahahahahha. UP THE DOSAGE.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »
You guys are talking about 2 different forms of CLA.  The naturally occurring trans fat and the manufactured cla from plant sources.
:

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2008, 01:07:43 PM »
You guys are talking about 2 different forms of CLA.  The naturally occurring trans fat and the manufactured cla from plant sources.

no

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »
Linoleic acid is found in vegetable oils, whereas the conjugated variety, CLA is found primarily in meat and dairy products. The form of CLA found most commonly in dietary supplements is manufactured from vegetable oils such as sunflower oil.
:

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »
Bump...
I hate the State.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 08:23:16 PM »
Linoleic acid is found in vegetable oils, whereas the conjugated variety, CLA is found primarily in meat and dairy products. The form of CLA found most commonly in dietary supplements is manufactured from vegetable oils such as sunflower oil.

what do you mean by forms, do you mean its structure, number of carbons your going to have to be more specific. linoleic acid is not CLA, or vice versa.

please be more specific, how are we talking about a different compound?

so far all i see is me providing evidence it sucks, and its well known among people who know there shit that its probably not effective for weight loss, and poses some health risks. this is not directed at you princess.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 08:34:22 PM »
what do you mean by forms, do you mean its structure, number of carbons your going to have to be more specific. linoleic acid is not CLA, or vice versa.

please be more specific, how are we talking about a different compound?

so far all i see is me providing evidence it sucks, and its well known among people who know there shit that its probably not effective for weight loss, and poses some health risks. this is not directed at you princess.

I know.  I guess that was my point.
CLA IS a trans fat (you said that - I agree)  It's naturally occurring.  And it might be beneficial.
The CLA sold as a supplement is manufactured from veg oil.  Useless & maybe harmful.
As far as the chemical structure differences  ??? don't know (or care).

We're basically in agreement here.
:

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »
I know.  I guess that was my point.
CLA IS a trans fat (you said that - I agree)  It's naturally occurring.  And it might be beneficial.
The CLA sold as a supplement is manufactured from veg oil.  Useless & maybe harmful.
As far as the chemical structure differences  ??? don't know (or care).

We're basically in agreement here.

ya this is what i have been saying, its pointless to supplement it, it has shown many negatives and i cant see anygood reason for increasing it in your diet.

i would also include omega 6 in that category too, with the average diet in mind.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 12:08:41 PM »
I am wondering if I should invest the money in it. I have read good and bad reports.

What is the truth? Can it truly increase fat loss at an accelerated rate? Or is it just hype?

Cheers....

Best thing I ever tried is Carnitine (unfortunately I can't take any cafein). And I read yesterday that Carnitine as an positive efect on sperm quality, thus promoting T-levels.
S