Author Topic: weight gainer  (Read 4535 times)

goldngunz

• Getbig I
weight gainer
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:47:31 AM »
I'm looking for a good weight gainer there are so many out there.  What are the most important things I need to be looking for(IE protein, carbs, calories, sugars, fiber etc)?

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: weight gainer
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 09:29:50 AM »
Haven't used one lately but back when I did Nlarge2 by Prolab was pretty good.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 09:49:04 AM »
I'm looking for a good weight gainer there are so many out there.  What are the most important things I need to be looking for(IE protein, carbs, calories, sugars, fiber etc)?

I've used N-Large2 in the past and it has worked well for me. I hear that BSN's True Mass is a good gainer.

As far as what to look for in a gainer, you have the benefit of being in an era where gainers are based on protein. Back in the 80s and early 90s (the carb era), most weight gainers were loaded with carbs and a low-to-modest amount of protein.

I would say that a good one should have no more than 100 grams of carbs, at least 40 grams of protein, and a hint of fat. The key, however, is serving size. A good size should be 150-160 grams (5-6 ounces) of powder. If the serving size is 200 grams or more, that's at least 7 ounces of powder, hinting that you might wish to steer clear of that one.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 09:59:05 AM »
i like UP YOUR MASS by MHP...the carbs are from oats, and it contains some healthy fats as well.....however i prefer my cheaper version of a wt gainer shake....50g whey  blended with 3 TBS NATURAL PB / 1 cup oats /  banana / plus some Hershey sugar free chocolate syrup....YUM YUM

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 09:03:33 AM »
I use true mass as a base and then add r berries, a banana, organic p butter, and flax oil. The calories on mine is around 1100-1200 give or take. It's delicious and I've seen good results

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:29:46 AM »
i like UP YOUR MASS by MHP...the carbs are from oats, and it contains some healthy fats as well.....

Yes, if you want one that has all the ingredients mixed together, get one of the versions out now that has carbs similar to oats and some EFA's along with a blended protein (whey, milk, egg)

Old products like Prolab N Large is just whey concentrate and maltodextrin, much cheaper but in my opinion that kind of shake would only be good post workout.

OR make you own.

Blend:
1/2 - 3/4 c. quick oats
1 banana and/or some berries
1-2 tbspn PB or Udo Oil
Blended protein
1 -2 c. Skim Milk

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 05:23:40 PM »
Muscle Juice, probably the best weight gainer I've used.

Serving Size 4Scoops(250g)
Servings Per Container19

Amount Per Serving In Water   % Daily Value*
Calories   1020   
Calories From Fat   150   
Total Fat   17g   26%
Saturated Fat   17g   85%
Trans Fat   0g   
Cholesterol   150mg   50%
Sodium   110mg   5%
Total Carbohydrates   162g   54%
Dietary Fiber   0g   0%
Sugars   60g   
Protein   55g   110%
Vitamin A      0%
Vitamin C      0%
Calcium      40%
Iron      8%
Typical Amino Acid Profile: Essential Amino Acids   
L-Leucine   6112mg   
L-Isoleucine   3548mg   
L-Valine   3417mg   
L-Lysine   5122mg   
L-Threonine   4187mg   
L-Methionine   1223mg   
L-Phenylalanine   1925mg   
L-Tryptophan   894mg   
Non-Essential Amino Acids   
L-Arginine   1485mg   
L-Aspartic Acid   6346mg   
L-Cystine   1300mg   
L-Alanine   2929mg   
L-Glutamic Acid   10973mg   
L-Glycine   1100mg   
L-Histidine   1011mg   
L-Proline   3548mg   
L-Serine   3039mg   
L-Tyrosine   1753mg   
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
Other Ingredients
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Premium Whey Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg White Albumin), Maltodextrin, Crystalline Fructose, Medium Chain Triglycerides, And Natural & Artificial Flavors, And Soy Lecithin.

Contains Milk, Egg And Soy.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 05:53:21 PM »

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 06:01:01 PM »
Yes, if you want one that has all the ingredients mixed together, get one of the versions out now that has carbs similar to oats and some EFA's along with a blended protein (whey, milk, egg)

Old products like Prolab N Large is just whey concentrate and maltodextrin, much cheaper but in my opinion that kind of shake would only be good post workout.

Yup, N-large 2 is good for a PWO shake, not really good for an overall weight gainer.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
n-large 2 or up your mass or size on or any good weight gainer with about 60 grams or more per serving.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 04:15:36 PM »
you guys need to EAT! lol..   weight gainers...     i dont thnk i will EVER drink one of those..    to DRINK 1000 calories?? ahah..    when i could EAT like 5 chicken breasts, three or four cups of oats, and have a tablespoon of peanut butter instead..??    yo im eating that big ass meal!!!!! instead of drinking some grosse shake ...any day of the weeek.    ;D ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »
you guys need to EAT! lol..   weight gainers...     i dont thnk i will EVER drink one of those..    to DRINK 1000 calories?? ahah..    when i could EAT like 5 chicken breasts, three or four cups of oats, and have a tablespoon of peanut butter instead..??    yo im eating that big ass meal!!!!! instead of drinking some grosse shake ...any day of the weeek.    ;D ;D

Not all of us have the same amount of time on our hands.

BTW, what are you weighing in at these days?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »
check your pm's, its a secret :D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 04:47:04 PM »
232@13%?!?!?!  ::)

Somehow I doubt it. ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 04:48:50 PM »
lol you bastard i didnt know you werent one of my fans, or else i wouldnt have answered you..

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »
Fans, BWAHAHAAHHAHA!

Glad to see the "cycle" is doing you some good.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »

True, that is if we had time to eat that.  Some of us have jobs you know where we work in a professional environment where I can't just whip out 5 plates of food in the conference room and start chowing down.  I can however take my large mug and drink it during the meeting or at my desk or wherever.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 05:00:13 PM »
hahah yeah i understand that emmortal.

and lift 4 size...i jus went to the bathroom and got on the scale and taped it with my phone..its uploading bro...   youll have proof in a few minutes..

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 05:00:55 PM »
:)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 05:03:17 PM »
hahah yeah i understand that emmortal.

and lift 4 size...i jus went to the bathroom and got on the scale and taped it with my phone..its uploading bro...   youll have proof in a few minutes..

You got me there! Way to hold a DB at your side and weight yourself, hahahaha!

And who in the fvck takes those scale bf% calculators seriously?!?! ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 05:04:48 PM »
You got me there! Way to hold a DB at your side and weight yourself, hahahaha!

And who in the fvck takes those scale bf% calculators seriously?!?! ;D
alright, believe me or dont believe me.. doesnt matter. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 05:05:24 PM »
:)
probably rocks bricks and weights in your pockets, wearing 5 coats and after eating ten pizzas.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 04:30:59 PM »
if you're really 232 at 13 percent why are you afraid to post a picture of yourself?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »

You are making the gross assumption that those who use weight gainers are doing so in lieu of eating actual meals. I can tell you from personal experience that such is hardly the case. Those products are used IN ADDITIONAL TO regular meals.

That was the case for me, when I was in college. It was three to four solid meals, with three shakes taken in between them (two during classes) and the third one after my workout.

And, I wasn't eating chicken breasts; it was beef, as I needed the extra calories to help me put on size.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »
dave...im not going to post any pictures... youll have to wait untill i compete..    i dont want any judges or other competitors or anyone recognizing me from this site....    i dont know if you know this, but getbig.com is widely viewd as a big fat joke in the bb'ing community..

mcway..    i hate you!!!    ;D ;D lol jk.     just be grateful that you have that kind of metabolism bro. you are blessed with that. take advantage!!  ;)