Author Topic: Don't listen to Anssi Mannimen claims on Muscletech- has a hidden agenda  (Read 9216 times)

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
Simply because I dont know the answer to your question, my guess would be as good as yours. And I dont want to pull "facts" out of my ass like Goodrum..

Okay, then answer this question:

If you knew about ANY product being advertised in MD was making false claims in their ad, would you call them out on the boards for it?

Addicted to the Steal

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
Okay, then answer this question:

If you knew about ANY product being advertised in MD was making false claims in their ad, would you call them out on the boards for it?

That would be a full time job.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Doesn't Blechman own Twin Labs?  If so I can see why he'd want to promote his product and ruin the reps of others.  Doesn't MD whore MHP like crazy?

Steve Blechman and his family once owned TwinLab. He sold his interest to his father and brothers in 2001 taking with him ownership of the magazine. Unless I'm mistaken, things started to unravel shortly after Steve (claiming to be under pressure from his kinfolk) altered the magazine to become All-Natural Muscular Development, featuring only Team Universe guys and other reported natural bodybuilders.

The Blechman clan no longer owns TwinLab. I'm not quite sure about this, but I think it belongs to a company associated with that Tony Robbins guy.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
That would be a full time job.

You've worked for MD for years and never come out and "called out" something advertised in MD before.

If it turns out that the first and only time you've ever done that - just *happens* to be immediately after the biggest company in the game pulls all advertising and has the ASC Dexter tiff...

Well, it's going to look like you DID know they pulled their advertising, when you just said on Getbig that you did not.
Addicted to the Steal

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
Another thing, Manninen...

No MD staff member is allowed to post here anymore.

Except you.

Why is that?
Addicted to the Steal

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
If all false advertising was pulled out of mags then the mags would be 50 pages thick with endless articles on how to build an epic chest or brutal biceps workouts.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
it would reflect poorly on MD, Matt C.

You see, it would mean that they knew of the false advertising all along.   They pulled the trigger and released this info, once MT upset them.

Anssi knew all along - so did MD.   They ran the ad they knew was false.  Monster integrity. Now they want to play the 'high road' card.

That may be true - it doesn't reflect well on MD's professionalism.  But it still doesn't deny the facts about MuscleTech products if what Anssi is saying is true.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
That may be true - it doesn't reflect well on MD's professionalism.  But it still doesn't deny the facts about MuscleTech products if what Anssi is saying is true.

I'd agree MT was lying all along.  Pulling their ads proves this.

But MD was complicit in selling these lies - and knowingly.

When Manny announces it here, it's only because he and Team MD are through making money from this particular lie- and their timing proves it.
Addicted to the Steal

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
Shouldnt the athletes promoting the products be implicated as well?

Because it is the athletes that the kids are trying to emulate thinking that if they take this/that product they will look like Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson, ect....

Kids at that age dont know its all about anabolics and HGH and slin....the athletes are guilty as well for making people believe that lie.....

I used to believe all that crap when I was akid thinking Cybergenics and Mega-Mass shakes were going to get me huge...it was all bullshit!

Matt C

• Getbig V
I'd agree MT was lying all along.  Pulling their ads proves this.

But MD was complicit in selling these lies - and knowingly.

When Manny announces it here, it's only because he and Team MD are through making money from this particular lie- and their timing proves it.

If MuscleTech hasn't already pulled their ads, I'm sure they will after this, lol.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
MT was full of shit from day one.  They had ads for Acetebolan, creating 6000 and some other crap claiming that you would gain guaranteed 30 pounds in 14 days.  They were cons from the start but for some reason they didn't fizzle.  They must have had deep pockets to keep them afloat.  This company has reinvented itself about 5 times now.

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
On an original post, Anssi blasted Muscletech for their deceptive advertising and I agreed with him on some points that the ingredient list was very confusing and could make someone believe there was some high tech products in it.

However, I've come to learn that Muscletech may have recently pulled all advertising from their MD.  This has problably put a huge dent in the MD budget as no one ran more ads than Muscletech.  I believe that Blechman has allegedly tried to strike back at Muscletech and is using one of his workers...namely Anssi to smear their name on the message boards. 

Anssi, you're a piece of shit for pulling this kind of corporate stunt and I knew that something was up about you spamming multiple boards with this.  This will most likely result in a possible lawsuit from Iovate for this. 

This doesn't mean that like Muscletech but I think that it should be decided by an UNBIASED PARTY AS TO WHETHER THEY ARE RUNNING FALSE ADS

who th fuck cares WHO says it. if its correct then its correct,it doesnt matter who says ir ot what his agenda is. MT is complete bullshit.

Matt C

• Getbig V
Who owns MuscleTech anyway?  Yeah, Iovate, but who owns Iovate?  Names please.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
Simply because I dont know the answer to your question, my guess would be as good as yours. And I dont want to pull "facts" out of my ass like Goodrum..

Well here's some facts that I'll pull out.

1.  MD has been profiting off Muscletech revenue from ad for over a decade.
2.  MD also has had "Exclusive Reports" highlighting Muscletech products
3.  Until now, no MD employee has ever said anything about Muscletech products unless they were no longer employed with MD.

Muscletech may be guilty of false advertising but MD is just as guilty for publishing the ads and the athletes who are sponsored are guilty as well.

That's the REAL FACTS, Anssi.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Who owns MuscleTech anyway?  Yeah, Iovate, but who owns Iovate?  Names please.

Probably bodybuilding.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
Probably bodybuilding.com

LOL!!!

BODYBUILDING.COM!!!
BODYBUILDING.COM!!!
BODYBUILDING.COM!!!
BODYBUILDING.COM!!!
BODYBUILDING.COM!!!

8) 8) 8)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
MT was full of shit from day one.  They had ads for Acetebolan, creating 6000 and some other crap claiming that you would gain guaranteed 30 pounds in 14 days.  They were cons from the start but for some reason they didn't fizzle.  They must have had deep pockets to keep them afloat.  This company has reinvented itself about 5 times now.

The "other crap" was, at that time, MuscleTech's most popular product: Hydroxycut (with ma huang/ephedra). As for why MuscleTech didn't fizzle, that can be summed up in two products: CELL-TECH and NITRO-TECH.

At first, MuscleTech pushed Hydroxycut and, later, its prohormones (Anotesten and Nortesten) hard and heavy, as did many other companies with their respective fat-burners and prohormones. But, when the ban for ephedra and prohormones (except DHEA) started looming, MuscleTech did a complete 180o turn.

First, they developed an ephedra-free Hydroxycut; but more importantly, MuscleTech shifted nearly ALL of its marketing focus to CELL-TECH and NITRO-TECH. As one poster (who may not be here, anymore) put it, it was a smart move, as (quoting from memory), "It's pretty hard to &%*@ up creatine and whey protein".

All the companies, whose hallmark products were "I can't believe it's not steroids" (andro products) or ma-huang-based fatburners, went belly up. Obviously, MuscleTech did not.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
1.  MD has been profiting off Muscletech revenue from ad for over a decade.
2.  MD also has had "Exclusive Reports" highlighting Muscletech products
3.  Until now, no MD employee has ever said anything about Muscletech products unless they were no longer employed with MD.

Muscletech may be guilty of false advertising but MD is just as guilty for publishing the ads and the athletes who are sponsored are guilty as well.

Yes, this makes Annsi and MD look TERRIBLE if indeed the advertising has been pulled.

They knowingly printed lies for decades.  The minute Muscletech decided to end the relationship, MD sent their top researcher to bash them in public- and devalue their product.

This is a warning to all MD sponsors and potential sponsors.  If you ever decide to leave MD - which is totally your right - you may be subject to public attacks on your products, on the forums from the MD team.
Addicted to the Steal

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
You won't recover - brutal supplement business-agenda  >:(

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Yes, this makes Annsi and MD look TERRIBLE if indeed the advertising has been pulled.

They knowingly printed lies for decades.  The minute Muscletech decided to end the relationship, MD sent their top researcher to bash them in public- and devalue their product.

This is a warning to all MD sponsors and potential sponsors.  If you ever decide to leave MD - which is totally your right - you may be subject to public attacks on your products, on the forums from the MD team.

Is muscletech hurting from sales or is the MD readership so small that they needed to pull out of MD?  Maybe AMI made MT an exclusive offer hoping that the lack of ad income for MD would destroy it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
What amazes me is how MD magazine is filled with crappy ads. Bob Hoffman and John Grimek would turn in their graves at what MD has become.

What saddens me is how naive and ignorant most wannabe bodybuilders are to buy those supplements!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
You've worked for MD for years and never come out and "called out" something advertised in MD before.

If it turns out that the first and only time you've ever done that - just *happens* to be immediately after the biggest company in the game pulls all advertising and has the ASC Dexter tiff...

Well, it's going to look like you DID know they pulled their advertising, when you just said on Getbig that you did not.

Wrong!

Ansi has called them out before (on this board), despite the fact they were advertising in MD at the time.

My memory is hazy because it was a long time ago, but the thread was pulled in the end.

He seems to be a bit of a rogue at MD.  More than likely he was told to shut it back then and now he's exercising his right to free speech without fear of repercussions.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Wrong!

Ansi has called them out before (on this board), despite the fact they were advertising in MD at the time.

My memory is hazy because it was a long time ago, but the thread was pulled in the end.

He seems to be a bit of a rogue at MD.  More than likely he was told to shut it back then and now he's exercising his right to free speech without fear of repercussions.

Come on - don't spoil the fun  :'(

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
Wrong!

ansi has blasted muscletech for at least 2 years now here and on MD

goddamn goodbum you are dumber than your last appearence on the net nobody wants you around with you promoting the north americam man boy love association.....

why in the fk would ANYONE  beleive what that black querr turd says?????...he's a troll and faggy fool tool pool ....disgusting chocolate fat body....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Look, folks, it is Melvin not "Vince" Goodrum.

He is keeping the bastards honest!