Author Topic: This guy says the world record dead is 2000lbs!!!  (Read 2843 times)

MoralMan

• Getbig III
This guy says the world record dead is 2000lbs!!!
« on: March 17, 2008, 11:30:14 AM »
Taken from the Naruto forums, in a discussion about Bob Sapp V  a Gorilla

Bob Sapp, Tyson, or the World's Strongest Man competitors don't even come close to a gorilla in terms of sheer size and strength. Only way Tyson wins this is with a rifle.
I have to disagree.

Silverbacks are around 5.4 to 5.7 ft tall and 305 to 360 pounds. Bob Sapp is 6'5 350 pounds. He's at least as big as some of the bigger gorillas, and bigger than some of them.

Bob also benches over 600 pounds, gorrillas are around 400 - 600 press by some measurements on average closer to 400. Well he has them in strength, being as strong or stronger than most gorillas.

So, sheer size and strength, picking the biggest strongest gorilla, Bob Sapp is about equal. Your average silverback wouldn't be as big or strong as Sapp, but the best would be heavier, and maybe slightly stronger, but Sapp is still taller and has the reach advantage. :wink

The world record for bench press is over 900 pounds, I saw that video, it was some fat guy aren't they always. The record for deadlift is over 2,000 pounds. Curl is over 400 pounds. I'd like to see a silverback compete with that.

You can't say humans cannot match their strength, because they can, have, and even beat it at times.

Where do these clowns get their info?!?!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: This guy says the world record dead is 2000lbs!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:39:55 AM »

I'm pretty sure someone on BB.com in the teen boards has lifted more.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:41:17 AM »
I'm pretty sure someone on BB.com in the teen boards has lifted more.

well duh.
Addicted to the Steal

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
The record for deadlift is over 2,000 pounds.

I thought that Bolton just broke the first thousand

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »
what is the record of leg extension?
Z

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 11:53:56 AM »
I thought that Bolton just broke the first thousand

He did! 1003

Freeze2000

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »

Bob Sapp, Tyson, or the World's Strongest Man competitors don't even come close to a gorilla in terms of sheer size and strength. Only way Tyson wins this is with a rifle.
I have to disagree.

Silverbacks are around 5.4 to 5.7 ft tall and 305 to 360 pounds. Bob Sapp is 6'5 350 pounds. He's at least as big as some of the bigger gorillas, and bigger than some of them.

Bob also benches over 600 pounds, gorrillas are around 400 - 600 press by some measurements on average closer to 400. Well he has them in strength, being as strong or stronger than most gorillas.

So, sheer size and strength, picking the biggest strongest gorilla, Bob Sapp is about equal. Your average silverback wouldn't be as big or strong as Sapp, but the best would be heavier, and maybe slightly stronger, but Sapp is still taller and has the reach advantage. :wink

The world record for bench press is over 900 pounds, I saw that video, it was some fat guy aren't they always. The record for deadlift is over 2,000 pounds. Curl is over 400 pounds. I'd like to see a silverback compete with that.

You can't say humans cannot match their strength, because they can, have, and even beat it at times.

These guys are dumbasses, I'll bet every powerlifter and Bob Sapp juiced before.  Give a gorilla juice and he will be able to bench and Deadlift twice that.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 12:35:07 PM »
hahahhaa, shit that's average internet strength. :o ;D

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 01:30:39 PM »

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »

I have to disagree.

It sucks to know gorillas don't have to touch a weight and are still naturally as strong as the strongest lifters in the world who take years to build up to that level

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »
bullshit, we have these two silverbacks at my gym that bench 800lbs for reps and one of them was deadlifting 2500 for 12 reps..... ;D  WTF?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
bullshit, we have these two silverbacks at my gym that bench 800lbs for reps and one of them was deadlifting 2500 for 12 reps..... ;D  WTF?
the same 500 pound dude who barbell inclines 600 for reps, right? ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 01:41:05 PM »
bullshit, we have these two silverbacks at my gym that bench 800lbs for reps and one of them was deadlifting 2500 for 12 reps.....Certainly not world class, or anything.
:D