Author Topic: Why do so many make fun of the pros on the boards?  (Read 7441 times)

hamood

• Getbig II
  • Saddam Hussein is alive and well in Baghdad
Re: Why do so many make fun of the pros on the boards?
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 03:35:13 PM »
in an interview a couple of years back with dexter jackson, he said that when he was a up and comer his wife at the time had to work 2 jobs to support him and his kids and they all had to sleep on the floor with in a 2 bedroom appartment, all the time he was sitting in front of the tv doing nothing all day...just eating and sleeping. she was even going to leave him becasue this went on for years with him not working...this interview was in MD the month he won his first ASC in 2005...
Now that i find absolutely shithouse, why the fuck would you let your wife work 2 jobs while you sit on the couch all day and watch tv, what a pile of shit...

Chances are his wife will never need to work again (as long as he invests his money like Nasser did and doesnt blow it like Flex Wheeler did), so it's a pretty fair trade for her to work two jobs for a short while to be able to never have to work again.  Besides, the wife obviously didn't have a major problem with it (otherwise she would have left it), so why are you crying about it?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 03:36:57 PM »
Chances are his wife will never need to work again (as long as he invests his money like Nasser did and doesnt blow it like Flex Wheeler did), so it's a pretty fair trade for her to work two jobs for a short while to be able to never have to work again.  Besides, the wife obviously didn't have a major problem with it (otherwise she would have left it), so why are you crying about it?
are you implying that "aussiepro" is a nosy little cockblocking bitch who needs to mind his own business, Hamood?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 03:39:02 PM »
fuk are u talkin about?

this is a bodybuilding board nothing more nothing less.......

Irrelevant. The question wasn't 'is this a bodybuilding board?'. It was why do the 'pros' get such a hard time?

There is a positive forum for those who don't like seeing the admirable synthol pioneers being spoken about nastily.

What is most pertinent is the fact that many people with varying degrees of interest in bodybuilding seem to really dislike the way it has gone with the guts, oil, drugs (usage and dealing).

Bodybuilding is not just the carnival of freaks that it has become to today. That may be what it has become but it certainly isn't the best era or example of what it has been and perhaps could have been.  Pro bodybuilders certainly have done nothing to earn exemption from criticism status.
O

hamood

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »
are you implying that "aussiepro" is a nosy little cockblocking bitch who needs to mind his own business, Hamood?

Couldn't have said it any better  ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »
the top guys make decent money doing what they love, that brings hate from others

bodybuilding also attracts a lot of insecure miserable bitches that need to put down others to feel good about themselves :P

E

E

Jussup

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »
I can understand a legit critique , if the guy is off or has a weak body part, etc.
But I don't understand the endless , ad naseum ripping of so many pros??

counter question: What would you think of someone who hosts an explicit "Tell it all" seminar, then is more than an hour late, but instead of find a more or less appropriate excuse, says "We are supposed to start now, right?" and, when asked why today's pros are so much heavier, responds in the very same "Tell it all" seminar "We have kre-alkalyn today"?
Just to give you an example.

Rephrasing my question: Why shouldn't you rip on people who candidly call you dumbfucks?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »
gotta agree with Howie here, you have to wonder what kind of intentions some of you have, if your here and you dont like the sport at all? If you just want to be a part of bunch of guys flaming each other then make some real friends at your local bar or something...

Your flaming is purely malicious, like a bunch of vandals raging against a piece of property or a person.

Some of you need to deal with deeper problems of rage and anger management.

I think the only practical thing to do is simply ignore much of the crap posts and realize the source of them.
I love bodybuilding and enjoy going to shows. Endless retarded jokes about the pros I admire is hardly a positive atmosphere for me. I like the latest info on get big and much of pro BB weekly.
Ironic , I never seem to run into the real naysayers at shows. Obviously, most of the real idiots on here never go to shows.   Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »
I can understand a legit critique , if the guy is off or has a weak body part, etc.
If you honestly think pro bodybuilding and the pros in it are a big joke, than why bother following the sport and posting about it.I don't go on NASCAR or WWE boards and make fun of their sport as I don't follow it or care for it. Say what you want, but why waste yout time here on any board doing it?
What do you get for it? Seriously, it is like joining a gym and then instead of training, you stand around with your buddy and make fun of 99% of the guys who do train.
To each his own and  it is your business,etc, but it seems like a big waste of time/???
I guess, I am trying to understand the motivation of those that do this crap? I am clueless.
Howard

Because these morons think they're "pro athletes" like celebrities or something and they have no clue how pathetic they really are.  It's entertaining watching them melt down or watching their fanboys try to defend them.

Ron: "I am lazy."

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 06:04:07 PM »
I think the only practical thing to do is simply ignore much of the crap posts and realize the source of them.
I love bodybuilding and enjoy going to shows. Endless retarded jokes about the pros I admire is hardly a positive atmosphere for me. I like the latest info on get big and much of pro BB weekly.
Ironic , I never seem to run into the real naysayers at shows. Obviously, most of the real idiots on here never go to shows.   Howard

You sound like you go to bed after reading getbig crying, all while jerking of to the latest  Flex article "add 2 inches to your guns in 30 days" featuring Kai Green where he lies about his routine, diet, drug use, supplements he doesnt use, hardships he never went through and gay4pay past.Remove Kai green and add 99% of other "pros" to what I said and it still makes sense.Thats why people mock current IFBB.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »
You sound like you go to bed after reading getbig crying, all while jerking of to the latest  Flex article "add 2 inches to your guns in 30 days" featuring Kai Green where he lies about his routine, diet, drug use, supplements he doesnt use, hardships he never went through and gay4pay past.Remove Kai green and add 99% of other "pros" to what I said and it still makes sense.Thats why people mock current IFBB.
you mean that you don't believe that Kai squatted 800 and benched 500 as a teenager naturally or got up to 312 pounds this offseason at 5'8" or eats 8 pounds of fish a day like he claims, DB? ;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 06:12:56 PM »

LOL, I actually crack up, laugh and then leave, no kidding. I love bodybuildinga dn enjoy it as my hobby , favorite sport and lifestyle.
Be negative all you want, doesn't matter to me, I just think it is a waste of time and energy to do nothing but bash something. What do you get back in return?? Maybe a laugh or haha...so what?
I admire the pros and have some great times going to shows, working in the gum , judging , etc.
good luck, Howard

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 06:14:21 PM »
 :D

hamood

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 06:17:10 PM »
The majority of getbiggers who make fun of pros do it out of jealousy.  

Most people here have a feeling that if they can make fun of others it makes up for their own lackings.  These people wouldn't be able to make fun of pros in "real life" so they seek the satisfaction of quelling their insecurities by making fun of them from anonymous accounts while hiding behind their computer.

Not only in making fun of pros, but it's this same insecure/jealous persona that makes most getbiggers try to deny wealthy guys like Xfactor when he posts pics of his cars or house, or put down other members' girlfriend/wife when they are hotter than theirs, or put down big guys for being "fat" or guys in good shape for only being "okay if you are a natty," etc.  It's all inter-connected and explains the same typical jealous and insecure getbig persona.

90% of getbiggers would crumble if they were assessed by their own standards when it comes to physique, wealth, girls, etc.

Moosejay

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 06:17:55 PM »
always be nice to people

pros or not

Agreed.

"Always be nice, until I tell you it's time not to be nice..."-Patrick Swayzee, Roadhouse

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 06:18:25 PM »
I think that most of the bashing goes to those characters who just embarrass themselves... ie
over-exaggerated lifts claims
g4p
ridicule posing routines
disrespect towards fans or other competitors
synthol
shrinking from 280 to 190 pounds soaking wet in 6 months

Howie, you don't see many getbiggers making fun of serious and hard working bodybuilders like Dennis Wolf, Toney Freeman, Gunther,  Branch Warren, Vince Taylor...

Moosejay

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 06:18:56 PM »

Most people here have a feeling that if they can make fun of others it makes up for their own lackings.  These people wouldn't be able to make fun of pros in "real life" so they seek the satisfaction of quelling their insecurities by making fun of them from anonymous accounts while hiding behind their computer.

Not only in making fun of pros, but it's this same insecure/jealous persona that makes most getbiggers try to deny wealthy guys like Xfactor when he posts pics of his cars or house, or put down other members' girlfriend/wife when they are hotter than theirs, or put down big guys for being "fat" or guys in good shape for only being "okay if you are a natty," etc.  It's all inter-connected and explains the same typical jealous and insecure getbig persona.

90% of getbiggers would crumble if they were assessed by their own standards when it comes to physique, wealth, girls, etc.

Very good and true post

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 06:23:08 PM »
If you honestly think pro bodybuilding and the pros in it are a big joke, than why bother following the sport and posting about it.I don't go on NASCAR or WWE boards and make fun of their sport as I don't follow it or care for it. Say what you want, but why waste yout time here on any board doing it?
What do you get for it? Seriously, it is like joining a gym and then instead of training, you stand around with your buddy and make fun of 99% of the guys who do train.
To each his own and  it is your business,etc, but it seems like a big waste of time/???
I guess, I am trying to understand the motivation of those that do this crap? I am clueless.
Howard

maybee we like bodybuilding, but we dont like the state that its in, the direction its going, or how the 'leaders' of this sport represent themselves.

most people love america, but make fun of its leaders for the same reason.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 06:24:04 PM »

well said!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 06:24:18 PM »
I think that most of the bashing goes to those characters who just embarrass themselves... ie
over-exaggerated lifts claims
g4p
ridicule posing routines
disrespect towards fans or other competitors
synthol
shrinking from 280 to 190 pounds soaking wet in 6 months

Howie, you don't see many getbiggers making fun of serious and hard working bodybuilders like Dennis Wolf, Toney Freeman, Gunther,  Branch Warren, Vince Taylor...

Yep.

There are good reasons Kamali, Prince, Chick, et al are "targets" around here.

Lurker79

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 06:26:30 PM »

What psycho babble. The majority of getbiggers are just bored and enjoy the humor around here. Bashing on pros or anyone else is just one way of doing so.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »

Yep.

There are good reasons Kamali, Prince, Chick, et al are "targets" around here.
Bob Chic is a good guy and good for pro bodybuilding.
Good night, Howard

Moosejay

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »
Good night, Howard

agreed

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2008, 06:28:52 PM »
Good night, Howard

He's not a bad guy, but Bob is Weider's own personal "Iraqi Information Minister", and he has a nasty habit of believing his own bullshit.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2008, 06:32:07 PM »

Most people here have a feeling that if they can make fun of others it makes up for their own lackings.  These people wouldn't be able to make fun of pros in "real life" so they seek the satisfaction of quelling their insecurities by making fun of them from anonymous accounts while hiding behind their computer.

Not only in making fun of pros, but it's this same insecure/jealous persona that makes most getbiggers try to deny wealthy guys like Xfactor when he posts pics of his cars or house, or put down other members' girlfriend/wife when they are hotter than theirs, or put down big guys for being "fat" or guys in good shape for only being "okay if you are a natty," etc.  It's all inter-connected and explains the same typical jealous and insecure getbig persona.

No one bashes Arnold as he has achieved 1000000 times more in terms of wealth, girls etc than any current IFBB pro.Class act thats why.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2008, 06:36:49 PM »
you mean that you don't believe that Kai squatted 800 and benched 500 as a teenager naturally or got up to 312 pounds this offseason at 5'8" or eats 8 pounds of fish a day like he claims, DB? ;D

Im saying that Howie is the kind of man who likes to sit at the back-corner of the Competitions, wearing a long coat and can be heard claiming loudly "ITS SO COLD IN HERE THATS WHY I NEED MY HANDS UNDERNEATH MY COAT RUBBING VIGORIOUSLY ON MY PENIS!!"