Author Topic: Why do so many make fun of the pros on the boards?  (Read 7440 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Why do so many make fun of the pros on the boards?
« on: March 17, 2008, 02:17:35 PM »
I can understand a legit critique , if the guy is off or has a weak body part, etc.
But I don't understand the endless , ad naseum ripping of so many pros??
If you honestly think pro bodybuilding and the pros in it are a big joke, than why bother following the sport and posting about it.I don't go on NASCAR or WWE boards and make fun of their sport as I don't follow it or care for it. Say what you want, but why waste yout time here on any board doing it?
What do you get for it? Seriously, it is like joining a gym and then instead of training, you stand around with your buddy and make fun of 99% of the guys who do train.
To each his own and  it is your business,etc, but it seems like a big waste of time/???
I guess, I am trying to understand the motivation of those that do this crap? I am clueless.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Why do so many make fun of the pros on the boards?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 02:19:45 PM »
I can understand a legit critique , if the guy is off or has a weak body part, etc.
If you honestly think pro bodybuilding and the pros in it are a big joke, than why bother following the sport and posting about it.I don't go on NASCAR or WWE boards and make fun of their sport as I don't follow it or care for it. Say what you want, but why waste yout time here on any board doing it?
What do you get for it? Seriously, it is like joining a gym and then instead of training, you stand around with your buddy and make fun of 99% of the guys who do train.
To each his own and  it is your business,etc, but it seems like a big waste of time/???
I guess, I am trying to understand the motivation of those that do this crap? I am clueless.
Howard
LOL. You asked this question last year, Howie. Are you going to keep asking it until you get the answer you want?  :D

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:20:57 PM »
Because they're insecure little bitches and it's fun making them melt :D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:23:05 PM »
Sounds like a real good use of one's time to me LOL
Most that make a lot fun are just insecure geeks thhat will never win Mr Podunk anyway

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 02:23:55 PM »
They're a bunch of lazy fucks that think they're 'top tier'  'athletes' and 'professionals' and deserve the same credit and recognition as sports gods lke michael jordan and wayne gretzky... all the while standing up on a stage in a male beauty pageant oiled up in a thong with other men....  it's laughable how seriously these guys take themselves... maybe they should get off their lazy asses and get a job. Instead of mooching of schmoes and fans and trying to sell their pics at expo's.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 02:25:58 PM »
If you honestly think pro bodybuilding and the pros in it are a big joke . . .

are you saying that you don't think that pro bodybuilding is a big joke?  :o

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
They're a bunch of lazy fucks that think they're 'top tier'  'athletes' and 'professionals' and deserve the same credit and recognition as sports gods lke michael jordan and wayne gretzky... all the while standing up on a stage in a male beauty pageant oiled up in a thong with other men....  it's laughable how seriously these guys take themselves... maybe they should get off their lazy asses and get a job. Instead of mooching of schmoes and fans and trying to sell their pics at expo's.

TJ, no I don't think pro BB is a joke, I am major fan and enjoy the shows.

Capt Eq- If you feel that way, fine, nothing wrong with that, but why knock BB and our pros.
Why not just follow the mainstream sports and no care about pro BB> I don't follow most other pro team sports nor do I care about them. I do go to a few minor league baseball and hockey games in my area however and love track.
When  I am watching those sports, I admire them for what they do and their skills, etc . I don't knock some baseball player for NOT having massive arms, or some runner for not having Cutler like quads.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
TJ, no I don't think pro BB is a joke, I am major fan and enjoy the shows.

Capt Eq- If you feel that way, fine, nothing wrong with that, but why knock BB and our pros.
Why not just follow the mainstream sports and no care about pro BB> I don't follow most other pro team sports nor do I care about them. I do go to a few minor league baseball and hockey games in my area however and love track.
When  I am watching those sports, I admire them for what they do and their skills, etc . I don't knock some baseball player for NOT having massive arms, or some runner for not having Cutler like quads.

I mock and laugh at them because of their laziness and ridiculous attitude towards life, because they're apparently too busy to get a job and function in society, opting instead to mooch of fans and etc.
I know a top national guy (in Canada) that actually told me he can't work or continue university because it interferes witth his bodybuilding meal schedule.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »

If they didn't have so many lies to expose, skeletons in their closet (G4P, lies about doses etc...), and then didn't stand on a soapbox defending themselves like they are there is no difference between what they're saying and what the Dominoes Delivery man says; it might be different.
I don't expect them to talk about their use since it's illegal, but their lifts and all the other things put together, they're exactly picture perfect role models for anybody....except maybe someone named Titus. :D

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »
Howard
If they choose to log on its the law of the west.what makes them any better than anyone else around here..
p

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 02:47:58 PM »
I mock and laugh at them because of their laziness and ridiculous attitude towards life, because they're apparently too busy to get a job and function in society, opting instead to mooch of fans and etc.
I know a top national guy (in Canada) that actually told me he can't work or continue university because it interferes witth his bodybuilding meal schedule.

I agree with part of what you're saying, but you can't include EVERY bodybuilder into this delusional group. Why laugh at the guys that are making legitimate, decent money off pro bodybuilding (not from g4p)?? I do laugh at the amateurs that feel they need to be lazy fucks with no job, living at home so they can chase their "dream" of becoming a pro. Now that is something to make fun of, but I don't get why you would make fun of guys like Jay, Ronnie, Victor, Dexter, Heath, Branch, etc...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 02:53:08 PM »
Let me add.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 02:55:41 PM »
always be nice to people

pros or not

Z

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 02:58:14 PM »
always be nice to people

pros or not

fuck you ;D
p

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 03:03:06 PM »
Guy Grundy and Milos are not Pros. ;D

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 03:03:33 PM »
Howard

i asked this question b4 aswell mate......i dont understand it all...

how can some guys go on a forum of a sport they dont like and make 4000 + posts ....

thats like me going on a baseball forum and making 4000 + posts, when i dont even like the sport, i dont know the rules and i dont want to know the rules .....it would be like fukn hard work tryin to tally up 4000 posts......

unless you enjoyed something about it....

im guessing they are no older than 20 years old .....who the fuk would waste that amount of time on something for nothing when they dont even like it..............   

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 03:06:49 PM »
I've always wanted to facefvck some of those sniveling pros with a nailgun.

Just kidding.

Power drill.  yep, that's the ticket!
Addicted to the Steal

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »
gotta agree with Howie here, you have to wonder what kind of intentions some of you have, if your here and you dont like the sport at all? If you just want to be a part of bunch of guys flaming each other then make some real friends at your local bar or something...

Your flaming is purely malicious, like a bunch of vandals raging against a piece of property or a person.

Some of you need to deal with deeper problems of rage and anger management.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
in an interview a couple of years back with dexter jackson, he said that when he was a up and comer his wife at the time had to work 2 jobs to support him and his kids and they all had to sleep on the floor with in a 2 bedroom appartment, all the time he was sitting in front of the tv doing nothing all day...just eating and sleeping. she was even going to leave him becasue this went on for years with him not working...this interview was in MD the month he won his first ASC in 2005...
Now that i find absolutely shithouse, why the fuck would you let your wife work 2 jobs while you sit on the couch all day and watch tv, what a pile of shit...
i dont bag on many pro's unless they are extreamely out of shape but i find it a bit stupid that someone thinks they can not make some great gains while having a steady job,
BTW i am a fan of bbing and i like to watch the shows so this is something i am interested in...
there's no magic pills... just needles

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »
Some people like Getbig and enjoy working out. That doesn't mean they are crazy about spandex wearing over-compensators who lie and talk shit about each other...fill themselves up with oil and shitloads of drugs..are vain and, despite their muscles, are bitchier than any woman alive..

There is a positive forum on GB for general thong worshipping and jock riding.

But seriously, maybe if 'pro' bodybuilders (usually a guy who finds alternative income by selling drugs or his dignity instead of working a real job) were actually articulate and admirable people, then they'd get a little less hostility.

Lose the guts. Lose the oil. Lose the bitchy, vain, high school prom queen who broke a nail attitude, and get some respect.
O

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 03:19:45 PM »
"Livin the dream baby" These guys have a good work ethic they just don't work. ::)

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 03:21:38 PM »
fuk are u talkin about?

this is a bodybuilding board nothing more nothing less.......

Some people like Getbig and enjoy working out. That doesn't mean they are crazy about spandex wearing over-compensators who lie and talk shit about each other...fill themselves up with oil and shitloads of drugs..are vain and, despite their muscles, are bitchier than any woman alive..

There is a positive forum on GB for general thong worshipping and jock riding.

But seriously, maybe if 'pro' bodybuilders (usually a guy who finds alternative income by selling drugs or his dignity instead of working a real job) were actually articulate and admirable people, then they'd get a little less hostility.

Lose the guts. Lose the oil. Lose the bitchy, vain, high school prom queen who broke a nail attitude, and get some respect.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 03:23:06 PM »
its because of the blatant drug use and the bodies we see on stage today, guts etc
Its really hard to take it seriously sometimes, that being said every bodybuilder gets my respect.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 03:31:55 PM »
If you honestly think pro bodybuilding and the pros in it are a big joke, than why bother following the sport and posting about it.
What do you get for it?

Respecting bodybuilding and respecting Pros are two different things.
The majority of constructive bb discussion I've been a part of on here has rarely included any mentioning of Pro BB's.

Having said that, this is Getbig. IFBB pros are not the only ones who get crapped on. I think a great deal of the appeal comes from the fact that EVERYONE is on a level playing field here.
Unfortunately, most Pros cannot handle it.

Why do you suppose that is?
Could it be that they do think they are better in every way than everyone?

Anyway, who cares?
F**K'em!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 03:32:51 PM »
hahaha, exactly.