Author Topic: Bear Stearns: A Name You Can Bank On!  (Read 442 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Bear Stearns: A Name You Can Bank On!
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:44:10 AM »
Based on respect, integrity, meritocracy, innovation and a commitment to philanthropy, these guiding principles serve as blueprint for the way that we do business.

http://www.bearstearns.com/sitewide/our_firm/index.htm

Respect – We treat others with honor and esteem.
We run our company in such a way that all of our constituencies are treated with respect, including our employees, clients, shareholders, vendors, regulators and the people in the communities in which we live and work.

Integrity – We act in a manner that is based on, or characterized by, good judgment and sound thinking.
As an organization, we aspire to achieve the highest standards of professional conduct and ethics; to raise the bar on individual accountability for our actions; to prevent and detect wrongdoing; and to govern ourselves in accordance with the relevant rules, regulations, and laws.

Meritocracy – We have a culture where individuals are rewarded for their contributions to the whole.
We maintain an organizational philosophy in which all of the company's employees are recognized, rewarded and advanced based on their results, the quality of their work and their ability to uphold and improve the standards we have set for ourselves.

Innovation – We foster the development of new ideas, products and improvements.
We take pride in our willingness and ability to break from the crowd to pursue new or alternate paths. Our innovation can be seen in the nature and breadth of our products, the flexibility of our operating model and our focus on teamwork in our organizational processes.

Philanthropy – We believe that a personal commitment to charity is a basic underpinning of good citizenship.
We have a longstanding commitment to philanthropy. We believe that it fosters a more well-rounded individual, while providing substantial assistance to the communities in which we live and work.

http://www.bearstearns.com/sitewide/our_firm/guiding_principles.htm

As crisis deepens, Fed steps up role

New York - In the wake of the collapse of Bear Stearns, a top investment bank, the Federal Reserve is struggling to reestablish confidence in America's financial system.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20080318/ts_csm/aconfidence;_ylt=AnypvIZBsZhbdQqyleEuDe6s0NUE

________________________ ____________

I'm glad to see such a principled business bailed out by US tax payers while those average americans on the shit end of the stick still lose their homes.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Bear Stearns: A Name You Can Bank On!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:10:42 AM »
At least theres already a class action lawsuit going.  These guys are another ENRON but with friends in the right places......

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
At least theres already a class action lawsuit going.  These guys are another ENRON but with friends in the right places......
I think you stated that well.  White collar misfeasance has a habit of being overlooked.

I just love the code of ethics of BS.  I wonder if I, too, can invest money with this upstanding investment firm?

It's pathetically funny to look at 'innovation' and understand that BS got into this problem by backing shady mortgage deals.  I guess that was innovative.  If only the damn government would have gotten off of the back of this company and allowed the free market to work....

We need another round of deregulation and tax cuts to lift us out of these doldrums.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:10:10 AM »
I think you stated that well.  White collar misfeasance has a habit of being overlooked.

I just love the code of ethics of BS.  I wonder if I, too, can invest money with this upstanding investment firm?

It's pathetically funny to look at 'innovation' and understand that BS got into this problem by backing shady mortgage deals.  I guess that was innovative.  If only the damn government would have gotten off of the back of this company and allowed the free market to work....

We need another round of deregulation and tax cuts to lift us out of these doldrums.

Yes.   privatised markets are 100% secure.  We dont need any regulations...