Poll

Who has the most influence over the American Political System?

The People
6 (33.3%)
Israel
2 (11.1%)
Corporations
6 (33.3%)
China
0 (0%)
The Church, Evangelicals etc…
1 (5.6%)
Illuminati, Freemasonry, secret societies etc…
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Who has the most influence over the American Political System?  (Read 3755 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
 ???

stickied for a day.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Who has the most influence over the American Political System?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 02:18:12 PM »
You're missing one:  Oprah.   :D

I think the right answer is twofold:  (1) people, because they vote, and (2) people/entities with money, because it takes an obscene amount of money to win elections and money gets you a seat at the table after someone is elected. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:39:15 PM »
You're missing one:  Oprah.   :D

LOL, yea, I missed that!  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »
tied up between the people and the corporations.    I'm kinda taking a guess the corporations have a bit more influence on the system than the people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:19:18 PM »
Why the F@@K isn't Rush Libmaugh on this list, moderators?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:20:30 PM »
Why the F@@K isn't Rush Libmaugh on this list, moderators?

Because the title of thread doesn't read:  "Who has the most influence over the Coach?"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
Because the title of thread doesn't read:  "Who has the most influence over the Coach?"
lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

moderators,

Rush was the only far-right republican with the moral integrity to TELL IT LIKE IT IS.

He pointed out John "Cuter Libby" Mccain's liberal voting record when no one else had the courage to point it out.

Berserker and beach bum are admitted liberals.  Ozmo, I am keeping an eye on you ;)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 12:38:45 AM »
I'm not sure the question is worded correctly. It's obvious "The people" (unless you include Diebold),
but a different question, based on what we've seen so far is 'Who exercises the most influence over the American Political System'? Run that question up the flagpole and you get a completely different response.

What needs to happen is that people need to start exercising their influence over the American Political system

People are doing just that, ...and it's bringing about the kind of change we can believe in:D

w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 12:46:01 AM »
(unless you include Diebold)
yea The goddamed question wasn't asking for the ideal....  It was asking for the reality.  ::)

I worded it right bitch ::)  "Who has the most influence" is exactly the same as "Who exercises the most influence"

Get a clue pillgirl...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 12:58:59 AM »
yea The goddamed question wasn't asking for the ideal....  It was asking for the reality.  ::)

I worded it right bitch ::)  "Who has the most influence" is exactly the same as "Who exercises the most influence"

Get a clue pillgirl...

Thank You for those kind words, ...they're very ...ummm, ...moderator-like.

To the thrust of your claim, I believe they are very different. One may HAVE the power, but neglect to exercise it, ...which is what the American people have been doing for far too long. Big money, and lobbyists know this, ...that's why they spend so much of their money on useless distractions for you.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 01:25:15 AM »
Thank You for those kind words, ...they're very ...ummm, ...moderator-like.

To the thrust of your claim, I believe they are very different. One may HAVE the power, but neglect to exercise it, ...which is what the American people have been doing for far too long. Big money, and lobbyists know this, ...that's why they spend so much of their money on useless distractions for you.
Look hag, if you don't like the way I mod, go start another anti Berserker thread in the complaint forum... That seem to work out real well for you :D  Everyone knew exactly what I meant; you're really super nitpicking with this and for no reason.  "Influence over"  if that doesn't say the same thing to you, you're the freaking moron everyone knows you to be.  I didn't include lobbyists because the lobbyists work for the man that pays them... they come from all aspects... The corporations, the gun lobby, Senior citizens, anybody who has the cash etc...  Oh and lobbyists don't distract the people, they do their bidding of those who are paying them and that's where the question is placed, get a clue.

Lucky I'm drunk, I have to be to be replying to your stupid BS...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 04:27:58 AM »
Look hag, if you don't like the way I mod, go start another anti Berserker thread in the complaint forum... That seem to work out real well for you :D  Everyone knew exactly what I meant; you're really super nitpicking with this and for no reason.  "Influence over"  if that doesn't say the same thing to you, you're the freaking moron everyone knows you to be.  I didn't include lobbyists because the lobbyists work for the man that pays them... they come from all aspects... The corporations, the gun lobby, Senior citizens, anybody who has the cash etc...  Oh and lobbyists don't distract the people, they do their bidding of those who are paying them and that's where the question is placed, get a clue.

Lucky I'm drunk, I have to be to be replying to your stupid BS...

Thank you for raising the level of discussion... NOT!

My comment had to do with the question itself. I simply gave my response.
If you disagree with my opinion, ...that's fine. No need to get all bent out of shape.
Maybe you should take a pill? I know where you can get many that will help to give you plenty of relief for all the gas (hot air) you've been spewing into the atmosphere lately. Or are you just burning off a little steam?
Unburned gas (hot air) going into the environment is not a good thing. I urge you to clean it up for everyone's sake.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 04:45:02 AM »
Thank you for raising the level of discussion... NOT!

My comment had to do with the question itself. I simply gave my response.
If you disagree with my opinion, ...that's fine. No need to get all bent out of shape.
Maybe you should take a pill? I know where you can get many that will help to give you plenty of relief for all the gas (hot air) you've been spewing into the atmosphere lately. Or are you just burning off a little steam?
Unburned gas (hot air) going into the environment is not a good thing. I urge you to clean it up for everyone's sake.
::) uh yea... Whatever makes you think you're actually making a point of value hag...

"raising the level of discussion;" is that what you were doing in the complaint forum ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 04:49:17 AM »
Ace...

8)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 04:50:48 AM »
wouldn't is suck to lose your.... ;)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 05:05:34 AM »
Hugo, it appears we have a common enemy.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 05:10:45 AM »
Hugo, it appears we have a common enemy.
yes we do,... that is affimative...  We scored a postive on that one... wooop wooop....

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 05:19:01 AM »
Most, if not all, real politics are local. Beyond that, the press controls our perception of the political process.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 05:38:23 AM »
Most, if not all, real politics are local. Beyond that, the press controls our perception of the political process.

::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 06:12:18 AM »

A little contradiction here. If it's possible all real politics are local, isn't your second sentence redundant?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 06:17:35 AM »
I gotta say, anyone who thinks the presidency will probably have no effect on their lives is delusional beyond hope.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 06:29:36 AM »
I gotta say, anyone who thinks the presidency will probably have no effect on their lives is delusional beyond hope.

Maybe one day you'll realize that delusional moderators stifle good conversation here ;)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 06:38:32 AM »
A little contradiction here. If it's possible all real politics are local, isn't your second sentence redundant?

Not at all. The national press helps shape a lot of our political opinions. Obviously your education, background, experiences, etc... play a part too. I'm not asserting that idiots only listen to a radio show for an opinion, LOL!

I've asked a lot of middle class people and other than stupid shit like hating a particular candidate or being pissed about the war... none of them can actually give me a legitimate reason why the presidency affects them. No one has said their business will improve, kids will go to a better school, wife will put out more, better job, no student loans, decreased cost of living, etc...

Sure, a lot of people will feel good or bad with the outcome but most people aren't really on the financial level where an administration change would give them an actual direct benefit. The saying "all politics are local" makes sense because most of the things that affect ones daily life are managed at a local level. Before smartypants starts going on about budgets and stuff.... local gov still manages the tax dollars.

I'm calling BS, LOL! You don't have an answer at all. I do appreciate your trying to use high school debate logic, though. If you had an answer, you'd be peeing your pants from excitement to give it, not pretending to be intellectually superior. :)