Author Topic: Dick Cheney Calls Iraq War a 'Major Success'  (Read 502 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Dick Cheney Calls Iraq War a 'Major Success'
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:03:59 AM »
Dick Cheney Calls Iraq War a 'Major Success'

Vice President Says Economy Has Hit a 'Rough Patch' but Doesn't Call It a Recession
March 19, 2008 —

Five years after the start of the war in Iraq, Vice President Dick Cheney offered a positive assessment of the war today and called last year's troop surge a "major success."

"On the security front, I think there's a general consensus that we've made major progress, that the surge has worked. That's been a major success," Cheney told ABC News' Martha Raddatz.

When asked about how that jibes with recent polls that show about two-thirds of Americans say the fight in Iraq is not worth it, Cheney replied, "So?"

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote2008/story?id=4479462&page=1

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Dick Cheney Calls Iraq War a 'Major Success'
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
Why bother.... ::)
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:11:24 AM »
At this point he doesn't even hide the fact that he doesn't give a fuck about the American people. 

All he cares about is his own Radical Agenda.

You've stated Obama scares you but I think Cheney's 1% doctrine is ALOT more scary for all of us:

If there's a 1% chance that Pakistani scientists are helping al-Qaeda build or develop a nuclear weapon, we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response. It's not about our analysis ... It's about our response.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:15:35 AM »
How long will china let us borrow money to go War-mongering???? ???

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »
At this point he doesn't even hide the fact that he doesn't give a fuck about the American people. 

All he cares about is his own Radical Agenda.

You've stated Obama scares you but I think Cheney's 1% doctrine is ALOT more scary for all of us:

If there's a 1% chance that Pakistani scientists are helping al-Qaeda build or develop a nuclear weapon, we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response. It's not about our analysis ... It's about our response.

I agree, he's dangerous as well..he's on his way out though.  They have yet to go after Pakistan.."they're our big friend in the war on terror".
L