Author Topic: DC TRAINING  (Read 6925 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: DC TRAINING
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 07:04:44 PM »
not sure i'd agree there. i mean, i use pretty high volume i suppose, but most of it is sets of 5 or less and my legs are the biggest they've ever been. it's like dante said a while ago, make your squat go from 225 to 405 and your legs will grow.

i think people get a little too carried away with trying to be tom platz and do massively long sets and retardedly high reps, but that ain't universal.
2 things.  You are right about what you said about the lb increase.  If you you can do that then you are golden.  I don't think you will see someone going from 225 for 20 to 405 for 20 unless you are hitting the sauce or spend a long time doing it.  I also think that because of the muscle fiber nature of legs that you need more volume than you think.  What I mean is that for a while it would behoove one to do more volume with legs but then cut back at a certain point.  For one it saves your joints as your body still develops and then as you have your joints developed a bit more and the muscles have been worked hard, you cut back and you will see different growth.

Candi:
If you get stronger you will likely get bigger.  If you go from 135 to 405 on a deadlift, your back will get bigger. 
Squishy face retard

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »

Candi:
If you get stronger you will likely get bigger.  If you go from 135 to 405 on a deadlift, your back will get bigger. 
to some degree i would agree with this. i think it really depends on what style of training you employ to get up to 405 on the dealift, and what your diet is like as well.

(well...    you know...if you could only dealift 135, i actually would agree 100% that going up to a deadlift of 405 would cause an increase in muscle size REGARDLESS of training style or diet...simply because of the huge disparity in strength and the very low stating point.)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »
to some degree i would agree with this. i think it really depends on what style of training you employ to get up to 405 on the dealift, and what your diet is like as well.

(well...    you know...if you could only dealift 135, i actually would agree 100% that going up to a deadlift of 405 would cause an increase in muscle size REGARDLESS of training style or diet...simply because of the huge disparity in strength and the very low stating point.)
Yeah, for Magoo's analogy a muscle increase would have to occur.  If the increase is small then you are correct. 
Squishy face retard

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 04:29:16 PM »
on toe presses on the 45 degree leg press I've gone from using 225 for 15 reps done DC style to 665 for 8 done DC style, it's taken me along time but my calves have shown the most growth over this period of time.
nasser=piece of shit

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 10:59:11 AM »
I checked out the site,,where the hell can I find the routine for DC training.  I found a lot of useless links.  Anyone post a link to the DC routine or something similar? 
D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »
go to intensemuscle.com and go intot he puppy pound forum, there are stickies there to read+a good search engine on the intense muscle site.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 12:38:39 PM »
All the stickies I read said stuff like.... Don't try this unless you've been training.  Or don't ask these questions because they have been answered here...  no routines..  can you post a link to a sticky outlining the routine?
D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 03:00:23 AM »
Eh not right now, go into search engine ion the site and type in full DC routine.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 11:18:55 AM »
Yeah, for Magoo's analogy a muscle increase would have to occur.  If the increase is small then you are correct. 

small increases in strength can be anything. extra energy, tweaked form, whatever. but you add 100 pounds on ANY lift and i will guarantee you the muscles involved will get significantly bigger. take a guy with a 225 max bench and work him up to 315 and he'll have bigger triceps, shoulders, chest, and probably even forearms.

this "burn the muscle out with giant sets" thing feels great via "pumps" and makes you sick, but it's not going to cause much muscular overload.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »
small increases in strength can be anything. extra energy, tweaked form, whatever. but you add 100 pounds on ANY lift and i will guarantee you the muscles involved will get significantly bigger. take a guy with a 225 max bench and work him up to 315 and he'll have bigger triceps, shoulders, chest, and probably even forearms.

this "burn the muscle out with giant sets" thing feels great via "pumps" and makes you sick, but it's not going to cause much muscular overload.
im sorry but what do you mean by muscle overload, exactly? what, in your opinion, causes a muscle to grow?

it seems to me that you believe the only thing that causes growth is contraction underr tension....?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 05:35:48 PM »
im sorry but what do you mean by muscle overload, exactly? what, in your opinion, causes a muscle to grow?

it seems to me that you believe the only thing that causes growth is contraction underr tension....?

dude, no offense, but you're kind of where i was when i was 18. you're skinny as a rail (on gear?) and trying to act like an expert.

you stress a muscle, it grows. overload it with maximal weights to get there. giant sets of 50+ reps might get you a "pump", but so will going on a stairmaster at max speed for five minutes. take a guess as to which will lead to bigger legs between that and heavy squatting.

before you try and expound on what you think is or is not the proper way to increase muscle size, test your theories out and see where they get YOU.