Author Topic: % of time that the major news outlets talk about the war in Iraq  (Read 2624 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
This is the % of airtime that the 3 major media outlets talk about the war in Iraq.

18% - MSNBC
16% - CNN
10% - Fox News

Why would FOX News talk about the war almost HALF of the time that MSN dedicates to it?

OReilly's stance - exact quote -
"It's bad to cover the war - does a bombing in Tikrit really mean anything?"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: % of time that the major news outlets talk about the war in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 07:03:08 AM »
Nothing is happening....MSNBC shows bad news stories about Iraq, CNN shows an almost neutral approach and Fox shows alot of good news stories. Plus things are alot more quiet over there. Most of the major outlets are scaleing down staff and using stringers.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 07:05:49 AM »
on the 5 year anniversary of the war, Bill O Reilly and Hannity didn't even mention it.  They had stories on bears eating garbage from people's backyards and a remote control robot that malfunctioned.  Then they spent a lot of time bashing Obama.

No mention of the 5 years anniversary on FOX news.  Very weird.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 07:07:57 AM »
Fox did a series on some Marines they were imbedded with 5 years ago. They covered it sparsely elsewhere. Its not major news, which is a good thing.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 07:40:05 AM »
On a daily basis there is plenty going in Iraq as far as widespread violence is concerned.

Here's a report for the day Monday, March 17:

The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.

Baghdad

- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Mansour neighborhood at Ameerat street near teachers training institute .One policeman was killed and one was injured.

- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Seid Al-Haleeb intersection(near Mr.Milk grocery shop) .One civilian was injured in that incident.

- Around 9 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Hamah-Zayuna intersection near Shaab stadium in Zayuna neighborhood .Three civilians were killed in that incident.

- Around 9 am, Katyusha missile hit the green zone(IZ).No casualties reported.

- Around 11 am, one mortar shell lobbed on the green zone(IZ) .No casualties reported.

- Around 1 pm, a car bomb exploded at Uqba bin Nafia intersection in Karrada neighborhood. Three people were killed and eleven people were injured in that incident.

- Around 2 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Al-Fudhailiyah intersection (east Baghdad). No casualties reported, Iraqi police said and we have no MNFI reply to confirm the incident.

- Around 2:30 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Rashdiyah neighborhood (north Baghdad) .No casualties reported, Iraqi police said and we have no MNFI reply to confirm the incident.

- Around 5 pm, Iraqi army and police found four dead bodies buried in a garden of a deserted house in Wardiyah village of Medaen town (south of Baghdad).

- Around 6:30 pm, two mortar shells hit a soccer field at Ghadeer neighborhood of New Baghdad(east Baghdad) near Ibn Saad school .Five people were killed and 7 were injured .Those people were playing soccer when the mortars landed on the field.

- Police found (3) dead bodies in Baghdad today. (2) were found in east Baghdad in Risafa bank; 1 in Ubaidi and 1 in Jisr Diyala. While (1) was found in Bayaa in west Baghdad (Karkh bank).

Karbala

- Around 6.10 pm, a female suicide bomber detonated herself targeting Imam Hussein pilgrims in Karbala (south of Baghdad) at Al-Kheimuga of Al-Mukhaim ( about 100 meters westwards of Imam Hussein shrine).40 pilgrims at least were killed and 56 others were wounded in that explosion. There were some Iranian pilgrims among the killed and wounded .Many of them were women, Husseini hospital of Karbala said.

Kirkuk

- Around 7:30 am, a roadside bomb targeted one of the 77 company’s vehicle ( 77 is a construction company) in Arafa neighborhood in Kirkuk city.One guard (an employee of the company) was injured with a civilian who was in the area.

- Police found three dead bodies in Al-Uthayem district (south Kirkuk) today .Police also added that the three dead bodies were for three men who were kidnapped two days ago in Tuz Khurmatu (south Kirkuk).

Salahuddin

- Sunday night, gunmen opened fire on a supporting committee check point (Sahwa council) at Al-Alam town (25 km north east Tikrit).The Captain of the check point was injured in that incident.

Basra

- In the morning, gunmen opened fire on a policeman in old Basra (downtown Basra city).He was killed at once.

- Basra morgue received today a dead body for a woman who was found in Zubair city (35 km west Basra) having some bullets on her body. Also the morgue had received three dead bodies on Sunday for an officer and two policemen who were found in Qibla neighborhood (south Basra) Sunday morning.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/212/story/30632.html
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since the Surge was such a smashing success, it seems out of vogue to report the violence in Iraq...b/c, you know, the Surge was a success.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »
The surge is a success and u really can't prove otherwise. Violence and American deaths are wayyyy down. It also illiustrates a more proactive roll by the IP and IA. Its their country and they need to provide for their own security. Thats the other point of the surge...get them to stand on their own.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 07:56:40 AM »
The surge is a success and u really can't prove otherwise. Violence and American deaths are wayyyy down. It also illiustrates a more proactive roll by the IP and IA. Its their country and they need to provide for their own security. Thats the other point of the surge...get them to stand on their own.
American deaths are down.  That's great.  Too bad we can't say the same thing about the Iraqis deaths.

Who do these Iraqis think they are?  The US goes to the trouble of blowing up their houses and businesses unleashing murder and mayhem and how do they repay us?  By forming an insurgency and failing to establish an effective government amidst the daily chaos.  Ungrateful bastards. 

Peruse the daily pages of the McClatchy reports and tell me that violence is down in Iraq.  I don't believe it for a second.  I rank the violence reports issued by our government right up there with pre-war estimates of Iraqi WMDs.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 08:03:23 AM »
I don't need to..i see the raw data coming from MNC-I plus i got a 2 week snapshot of daily/hourly attacks while i was up at FT Drum this past month. Violence is waaay down..bro.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 08:16:32 AM »
I don't need to..i see the raw data coming from MNC-I plus i got a 2 week snapshot of daily/hourly attacks while i was up at FT Drum this past month. Violence is waaay down..bro.
There's violence across Iraq on a daily basis.  Lots and lots of it.  It may not approach the civil war levels of 2003-2006 but it is widespread and rampant.

Frankly, I don't trust the government's reports on violence and death in Iraq--they cooked the system for counting deaths to reduce the numbers and make the results look better.

Like I said, look at the daily pages of the McClatchy reports.  Day by day there're all sorts of horrors going on.  And those reports do not report all the violence happening in Iraq.

What about this?

Violence in Iraq Surges in February

The number of Iraqis killed in February rose by 33 percent over January, reversing a six-month trend of reduced violence, in a setback to the US military plan to curb the bloodshed ravaging the country. The combined figures obtained by AFP from the interior, defence and health ministries showed that the total number of Iraqis killed in February was 721, including 636 civilians, compared with 541 dead in January. It reverses the six-month trend of a steady fall in casualties across the country on the back of a massive US and Iraqi military assault, mainly targeting Al-Qaeda in Iraq.

http://www.drudge.com/news/104877/violence-iraq-surges-february

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 08:19:28 AM »
If anything, thats cause most "insurgence" are dead or have left. But violenee amogst Iraqi's may have gone up.  Mission accomplished. 
That and the US is bribing both sides to play ball.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 08:24:12 AM »
LOL @ being proud of how good the surge is working.

Yall cause this problem by choosing to invade a country.  After FIVE YEARS, you finally got daily violent events down to a few dozen per day, and you can't stop sucking your own dick over how great you are lol...

Being "smug" about it is such a bad thing.  I see McCain gloating about it.  it's funny.  Being proud of sorta fixing a problem you created.  LMAO...

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »

did you fly out of the syracuse airport?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:17 AM »
He sure did and boy, are his arms tired.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 02:41:57 PM »
I drove home...i got out a day early...friggen weather >:(
L

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 04:21:04 PM »
i fly out into syracuse every week. theres always military guys flying out..  i always get them a round if i got time

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »
On a daily basis there is plenty going in Iraq as far as widespread violence is concerned.

Here's a report for the day Monday, March 17:

The daily Iraq violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.

Baghdad

- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb targeted a police patrol at Mansour neighborhood at Ameerat street near teachers training institute .One policeman was killed and one was injured.

- Around 7 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Seid Al-Haleeb intersection(near Mr.Milk grocery shop) .One civilian was injured in that incident.

- Around 9 am, a roadside bomb exploded at Hamah-Zayuna intersection near Shaab stadium in Zayuna neighborhood .Three civilians were killed in that incident.

- Around 9 am, Katyusha missile hit the green zone(IZ).No casualties reported.

- Around 11 am, one mortar shell lobbed on the green zone(IZ) .No casualties reported.

- Around 1 pm, a car bomb exploded at Uqba bin Nafia intersection in Karrada neighborhood. Three people were killed and eleven people were injured in that incident.

- Around 2 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Al-Fudhailiyah intersection (east Baghdad). No casualties reported, Iraqi police said and we have no MNFI reply to confirm the incident.

- Around 2:30 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American patrol at Rashdiyah neighborhood (north Baghdad) .No casualties reported, Iraqi police said and we have no MNFI reply to confirm the incident.

- Around 5 pm, Iraqi army and police found four dead bodies buried in a garden of a deserted house in Wardiyah village of Medaen town (south of Baghdad).

- Around 6:30 pm, two mortar shells hit a soccer field at Ghadeer neighborhood of New Baghdad(east Baghdad) near Ibn Saad school .Five people were killed and 7 were injured .Those people were playing soccer when the mortars landed on the field.

- Police found (3) dead bodies in Baghdad today. (2) were found in east Baghdad in Risafa bank; 1 in Ubaidi and 1 in Jisr Diyala. While (1) was found in Bayaa in west Baghdad (Karkh bank).

Karbala

- Around 6.10 pm, a female suicide bomber detonated herself targeting Imam Hussein pilgrims in Karbala (south of Baghdad) at Al-Kheimuga of Al-Mukhaim ( about 100 meters westwards of Imam Hussein shrine).40 pilgrims at least were killed and 56 others were wounded in that explosion. There were some Iranian pilgrims among the killed and wounded .Many of them were women, Husseini hospital of Karbala said.

Kirkuk

- Around 7:30 am, a roadside bomb targeted one of the 77 company’s vehicle ( 77 is a construction company) in Arafa neighborhood in Kirkuk city.One guard (an employee of the company) was injured with a civilian who was in the area.

- Police found three dead bodies in Al-Uthayem district (south Kirkuk) today .Police also added that the three dead bodies were for three men who were kidnapped two days ago in Tuz Khurmatu (south Kirkuk).

Salahuddin

- Sunday night, gunmen opened fire on a supporting committee check point (Sahwa council) at Al-Alam town (25 km north east Tikrit).The Captain of the check point was injured in that incident.

Basra

- In the morning, gunmen opened fire on a policeman in old Basra (downtown Basra city).He was killed at once.

- Basra morgue received today a dead body for a woman who was found in Zubair city (35 km west Basra) having some bullets on her body. Also the morgue had received three dead bodies on Sunday for an officer and two policemen who were found in Qibla neighborhood (south Basra) Sunday morning.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/212/story/30632.html
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since the Surge was such a smashing success, it seems out of vogue to report the violence in Iraq...b/c, you know, the Surge was a success.

This is one day in Iraq that is reported.   Probably much higher.    HH6 just glossed right over it....ATTN:  The definition of success. ^^^^^^^^