Author Topic: Coach: Is Billy Graham a great man?  (Read 1400 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Coach: Is Billy Graham a great man?
« on: March 19, 2008, 08:10:59 PM »
BTW, the greatest preacher of our day is Billy Graham IMO!

Billy Graham exchanged exchanged gifts with Kim Jung Il, North Korean dictator and part of the Axis of Evil.

Billy Graham has said "AIDS is a judgement from God".

Billy Graham made some seriously anti-semetic statements on tape in a 1972 conversation with Richard Nixon, and later apologized for them after denying them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham#Foreign_policy_views

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Coach: Is Billy Graham a great man?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 05:50:56 AM »
hmmmm

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 06:12:14 AM »
Absolutely he is a great man. You act as though he spoke out against the US, IMO, it show he has the ability to put hate aside and even people that are on the opposite side of the US show great respect Graham. But I know you Rob, you'll twist and turn this and make it into something it's not.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 06:17:36 AM »
Absolutely he is a great man. You act as though he spoke out against the US, IMO, it show he has the ability to put hate aside and even people that are on the opposite side of the US show great respect Graham. But I know you Rob, you'll twist and turn this and make it into something it's not.

In 1994, H.R. Haldeman's diaries revealed that Graham had taken part in conversations speaking of "Jewish domination of the media." The allegations were so at odds with Graham's public image that most did not believe his account, and Jewish groups paid little attention. Graham released a statement denying that he talked "publicly or privately about the Jewish people, including conversations with President Nixon, except in the most positive terms." He said, "Those are not my words."[13]

In 2002, however, newly declassified "Richard Nixon tapes" confirmed remarks made by Graham to President Nixon three decades earlier. Captured on the tapes, Graham agreed with Nixon that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with Nixon.[23] "This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain,"[24] said Graham, agreeing with Nixon's comments about Jews and their influence in American life. Later, Graham mentions that he has friends in the media who are Jewish, including A.M. Rosenthal, saying they "swarm around me and are friendly to me." But, he tells Nixon, "They don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country."[23] These remarks were highly controversial to some Jewish leaders that characterized them as antisemitic, such as Abraham Foxman.[13]

When the tapes were released, Graham apologized for his remarks, stating that "although I have no memory of the occasion, I deeply regret comments I apparently made ... They do not reflect my views, and I sincerely apologize for any offense caused by the remarks,"[25] and "If it wasn't on tape, I would not have believed it. I guess I was trying to please... I went to a meeting with Jewish leaders and I told them I would crawl to them to ask their forgiveness."[26] According to Newsweek magazine, "the shock of the revelation was magnified because of Graham's longtime support of Israel and his refusal to join in calls for the conversion of the Jews."[26]

Joe, Israel is VERY important for US interests overseas.  Why would you support this anti-Jewish man?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 06:19:19 AM »
Absolutely he is a great man.

Kim Jung Il is the enemy, joe.  Billy Graham trades gifts with him.

Graham has been outspoken against communism and supportive of U.S. Cold War policy, including the Vietnam War. However, in a 1999 speech, Graham discussed his relationship with the late North Korean dictator Kim Il Sung, praising him as a "different kind of communist" and "one of the great fighters for freedom in his country against the Japanese." Graham went on to note that although he had never met Kim's son and current North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il, he had "exchanged gifts with him."[19] Graham has given a globe surmounted with doves to the North Korean Friendship Museum.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 07:44:28 AM »
  The point being that Graham and Falwell deserve just as much criticism as Wright does--which is a lot.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 08:00:30 AM »
I thought Graham died 20 years ago.

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 08:32:22 AM »
  The point being that Graham and Falwell deserve just as much criticism as Wright does--which is a lot.

Not even close, although what Graham said was wrong, he later apologized, you cannot look say that he deserves as much critisism as Wright, he said nothing against this country. Wright is offering NO apology and stands by what he said.

Rob, I'm getting really sick of your rhetoric. I'd expect it from any other liberal yahoo on here, but for you to call yourself a republican and someone who supposedly believes in God and quote scripture when you see fit if it's a republican or conservative is down right hypocracy when you clearly state your views as a liberal.

You disappoint me and I take offence to you calling me out on everything when half the time you cannot produce any proof of what you spew. The only reason you call me out, is because you damn well know your lib, US hating buddys who back someone such as Rev. Wright will back you. The only thing I am disappointed in, is the republicans in congress are much like the republicans on this board, they don't speak up when they are getting bashed, but when I speak up, they are no where to be found >:(

Now, I know the libs on here are going to read this and do what they usually do, start name calling. Sorry Rob, but your more to the left than Obama.

BTW, yes, Billy Graham IS a great man.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 08:39:53 AM »
Rob, I'm getting really sick of your rhetoric. I'd expect it from any other liberal yahoo on here, but for you to call yourself a republican and someone who supposedly believes in God and quote scripture when you see fit if it's a republican or conservative is down right hypocracy when you clearly state your views as a liberal.

You disappoint me and I take offence to you calling me out on everything when half the time you cannot produce any proof of what you spew. The only reason you call me out, is because you damn well know your lib, US hating buddys who back someone such as Rev. Wright will back you. The only thing I am disappointed in, is the republicans in congress are much like the republicans on this board, they don't speak up when they are getting bashed, but when I speak up, they are no where to be found >:(

Now, I know the libs on here are going to read this and do what they usually do, start name calling. Sorry Rob, but your more to the left than Obama.

Dude, I'm a republican.  I am just critical of all candidates here.  When all is said and done, I'm going to vote for the most right candidate that I can.  It'll likely be mccain, as long as he chooses a veep who can fix the economy and avoid a major recession.

I went to 10 years of Catholic school, all the way through 10th grade, followed by add'l years of church, confirmation, all that good stuff.  I am a religious man.  I don't preach it here, and I surely would never have the audacity to say a certain group can't go to Heaven because of their beliefs... only God can judge us, brother.

I have used the word 'liberal' in the last 2 days to display just how SILLY it's been that YOU have been doing it for the last 2 years like it's the worst word in the world.  Step back for a second.  Republicans CHOSE to have a war where many were killed.  LIBERALS didn't want the war.  Republicans have a VERY WEAK position to throw stones - they wanted to kill people who hadn't attacked us, and Dems did not.

I personally support the war because I believe oil-rich nations should share with us.  If they don't want to, and we have to take it by force, well, that's just the way the cards fall. 

Joe, there are 10% far right here (3 of you), 10% far left here (3 of them) and the other 80% are moderates, who could vote either way in Novemeber.  I've been BEGGING you to sell us John McCain, and all you can do it bash libs.

Stop using the word LIBS joe.   Give us solutions.  Show us a BETTER WAY.  Tell us how McCain will FIX THINGS - not just how bad the dems will be.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 08:40:51 AM »
BTW, yes, Billy Graham IS a great man.

He bashed jews, Joe. 

Not a great man.  An anti-semite racist, and his own words prove it.

I can't believe you can defend someone like that. 

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »
Dude, I'm a republican.  I am just critical of all candidates here.  When all is said and done, I'm going to vote for the most right candidate that I can.  It'll likely be mccain, as long as he chooses a veep who can fix the economy and avoid a major recession.

Whatever dude!

I went to 10 years of Catholic school, all the way through 10th grade, followed by add'l years of church, confirmation, all that good stuff.  I am a religious man.  I don't preach it here, and I surely would never have the audacity to say a certain group can't go to Heaven because of their beliefs... only God can judge us, brother.

There's your religious problem right there, you say only God can judge, but your judging Billy Graham.

I have used the word 'liberal' in the last 2 days to display just how SILLY it's been that YOU have been doing it for the last 2 years like it's the worst word in the world.  Step back for a second.  Republicans CHOSE to have a war where many were killed.  LIBERALS didn't want the war.  Republicans have a VERY WEAK position to throw stones - they wanted to kill people who hadn't attacked us, and Dems did not.

I personally support the war because I believe oil-rich nations should share with us.  If they don't want to, and we have to take it by force, well, that's just the way the cards fall. 

Joe, there are 10% far right here (3 of you), 10% far left here (3 of them) and the other 80% are moderates, who could vote either way in Novemeber.  I've been BEGGING you to sell us John McCain, and all you can do it bash libs.

Stop using the word LIBS joe.   Give us solutions.  Show us a BETTER WAY.  Tell us how McCain will FIX THINGS - not just how bad the dems will be.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 08:47:02 AM »
There's your religious problem right there, you say only God can judge, but your judging Billy Graham.

He's an anti-Semite.  I'm not going to judge who goes to heaven - only god can do that.  but if a guy steals from my store, then yes, he's a shoplifter.  If a guy speeds in a car, then yes, he's a speeder.

if a guy bashes jewish people, then yes, he's anti-semetic.

Wait a second - do you AGREE with the horrible shit Graham said?

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 09:04:11 AM »

Wait a second - do you AGREE with the horrible shit Graham said?

You have a real hard time reading don't you? Re-read my post again.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 04:47:57 PM »
{LOL} Poor Joe, ...I don't think he's very comfortable right now.
I'd give him a big hug 'cause he looks like he needs one right about now,
...but I'm a LIB, and he might think his eternal soul would be damned forever by accepting a hug from a lib.

Oh well, ...give him a little time, and he may eventually solidy in his mind why he thinks McCain is the best choice, and be able to tell us.
w