Author Topic: For Chic ( and others), what is the future for pro bodybuilding?  (Read 2187 times)

Moosejay

Re: For Chic ( and others), what is the future for pro bodybuilding?
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 08:54:15 PM »
7k for 1st now that is awesome and that $1500 for 3rd is just out of this world.For 7k most guys will diet down to get to that magical 202lb weight.After airfares diet food, supps and gear hotel costs hire car and a little spending money competitors probably only lose around 15k.Now that makes it worth it.Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.And as for promoters not making any money nobody runs a show for Fukin nuttin. ::)

Untrue. They don't PLAN on making no money, but that is exactly how it often pans out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »
$1500 or bust.   Nice!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 08:55:21 PM »
I believe it was classes at the Olympia I wasn't on board with...still aint. Actually, It was Ed Pariso and myself who collaberated on getting the 210 class started. I've been saying for many years now that guys competing against each other while giving up 70-90 lbs. just isn't fair.
Thanks for the clarification. Ed Pariso and his wife Betty are 2 of the best people I ever met in the world of serious bodybuilding. I am looking fwd to seeing the Tampa show with the under 202 class myself.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 08:56:58 PM »
Franco won the Olympia in 81 and he weighed Fuk all.Zane was also very light body weight.Momo was light.So why have a light class wouldn't it be better to Drug test.FFS.????.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 09:27:39 PM »
Franco won the Olympia in 81 and he weighed Fuk all.Zane was also very light body weight.Momo was light.So why have a light class wouldn't it be better to Drug test.FFS.????.
I wish they would do full scale testing. But I am fan of the sport and will take any new addition that makes it better.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 09:35:32 PM »

Those guys also didn't have to stand next to guys who outweighed them by 80 lbs.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »
Do you think those amounts are really reasonable?

i think their drug dealers would make more in a week than that.