Author Topic: Bush economic policies at work............  (Read 7241 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Bush economic policies at work............
« on: March 20, 2008, 12:22:08 PM »

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Bush's economic policies at work............
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 03:48:42 PM »
Damn.  Livin the american dream.    Hope bush waves as he flys over all the tent cities that will spring up.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 05:33:16 PM »

former homeowners now living in tents.

thank you mr. bush.  ::)

Pardon my naivety, but how is this bush's fault?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »
Pardon my naivety, but how is this bush's fault?
He did lax just about all regulation on business/banks/utilities etc etc...  There has been a wild west atmosphere in corp/banking business under Bush.  Surely his extreme neoliberal approach had those doing the deed set at ease.  Aside from that, I have further "suspicions"  Homes sales were at something like a 20 year high for Bush's election year in 2004.  Almost overnight they went from telling unqualified people to take a hike to saying, hey, I think we can work something out.  JUST suspicious.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »
He did lax just about all regulation on business/banks/utilities etc etc...  There has been a wild west atmosphere in corp/banking business under Bush.  Surely his extreme neoliberal approach had those doing the deed set at ease.  Aside from that, I have further "suspicions"  Homes sales were at something like a 20 year high for Bush's election year in 2004.  Almost overnight they went from telling unqualified people to take a hike to saying, hey, I think we can work something out.  JUST suspicious.

Wild west...!!!!   LMAO.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »
I'd love to blame Bush but deregulation started under Clinton and the rest of the blame goes to the Investment Bank who created the market for these securities while somehow not realizing that as loans in pools started to go bad it would become IMPOSSIBLE to figure out a fair market value for said securities and the whole mess would create the shitstorm we have today.  Greenspan should probably get some blame too

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 06:24:23 PM »

My that worm looks tasty!   ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
My that worm looks tasty!   ;D

LOL.  Alot of people gorged on worms..... ;D

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
Wow!  I thought that was just another Mexican tent city(they are EVERYWHERE in the Southwest, often lined up just beyond the borders of affluent neighborhoods or tucked away in the nether-regions of larger cities) until I saw white and black faces in there.

I still maintain part of the problem is on "homeowners" themselves.  Many lacked the foresight to adaquetely prepare for the numerous "what-if" scenarios that could arise that would adversely affect their ability to make mortgage payments.  Of course, a LOT of the blame is on the unregulated banking and lending industries as people who work and have family in the vicinity have no other choice than to obtain a mortgage on the artificially bloated real estate present.  Crushing healthcare costs and offshoring of skilled jobs doesn't help matters either.

But I'm just wondering how many of those in the tent city were run and gunnin' home flippers looking to make a quick profit?  Some take a lot of risk in the real estate market and should be prepared to face the realities and consequences should they lose out.  It's unfortunate that some of them take their families along for the ride.  What I want to know, is, like the commercials you heard on the radio before the crash, how many real estate "gurus" are out there now?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 06:25:53 AM »

It's sad. But it's not ALL doom & gloom. People have been able to rise up despite operating in adverse conditions.
I work with many people who've lost EVERYTHING; some even had to live in a trailer after Hurricane Katrina.
But after only 3 months my friend Ricky B was able to get out of that FEMA trailer and into a brand new home.

You can hear Ricky tell his story in the video entitled 'The Global Experience' available here
(But only click the link if you want to hear Ricky's story, if not, don't click it. Ricky starts at about 8 mins 55 sec in)

The mainstream media won't even touch these stories. It's as if they fear people can't handle them. Yes we can. People have been rising up and overcoming adversity and challenges for years, ...centuries. Americans are no different. It's in her bones. America is chock full of spiritual mentors who have guided them along that path for years. They all had one thing in common... the audacity of hope. It enabled and empowered them to rise, ....and rise they did. And they passed that baton to future generations. Generations who are well equipped to guide the present and future generations along the path that they too must now travel. The people living in the tent cities have been struck hard, ...but like so many others before them who have been dealt heavy blows, ...they too will rise. <--click me (windows media audio clip)

It's sad that Americans have to turn to foreign journalists to hear about homegrown hometown stories that their own news media will not even touch.

It's just like the other day when in response to JBGray's post about how the high cost of fuel was affecting every day prices of goods & services, I mentioned in passing the heavy toll current economic conditions were having on long haul truckers forcing them out of business and off the road, but that there was not even a peep of this in the media, ...only to be called a liar by HeadHunter, and to see my comments censored as some sort of spam.

I still do not see how my innocent validation of JBGray's comments were considered spam.

This censorship of my comments however, IMO, was quite consistent with the sins of omission we see daily coming from the corporately owned news media. Not only was I called a liar, my comment was deleted. That this censorship was done by a mod who has a consistent pattern of blindly agreeing both to and with every "official version" of lies handed to the people, no matter how incongruous, no matter much they defy the laws of nature, physics, or just plain logic, reason or common sense, should be no surprise.

I'm sure if NeuroToxin had merely made the statement that tent cities were popping up throughout the USA without having posted that link to validate his statement, he too might have been called a liar. Therefore, I don't think it unreasonable of me to prove that I was NOT lying, and that what I alledged to be occuring within the trucking industry is indeed happening. These guys are the ones that are protecting America's way of life on the domestic front. Without them, America shuts down... HARD! As patriotic concerned citizen's, shouldn't you know about any threats to them, ...and by extention, ...to you? I think you should, and I think those of you who understand the big picture do want to know and understand these concerns as well. Only through understanding the challenges we face as a society, are we then in a position to take positive action to meet and confront those challenges.

I wish I had not been called a liar, and my motivations questioned. It would then not have put me in the position of having to back up my allegation. Unfortunately, the only mechanism by which I am able to do this, to prove I was not lying, is by posting the proof ...the basis of my allegation.

Disclaimer: This proof comes using the only material I currently have at my disposal at the moment to do so, which happens to be a conference call from 2 days ago.

The subject of this conference call was not about validating an off the cuff remark censored by those who would rather stand idly by while the corporate news media focusses on distractions and continues to put forth lies of omission, in an attempt to keep the public from discovering what is really happening all around them, ...but rather was about providing information and collaborative, co-operative assistance, to our independent colleagues throughout North America. I apologize that I do not have at my disposal at the moment any other material with which to back up my allegations.

Please understand this is NOT intended as SPAM. The snippet you are about to hear, if you choose to click to hear it (and it is a choice) was a snippet from AFTER the official call was over. It was during our Q & A portion when quite frequently many of us simply just engage in conversation with each other, ...sometimes just keeping the truckers company as many of them are calling in on cell phones while they're out driving through the country. The purpose of posting this is to back up my allegations vis-a-vis truckers, and for no other purpose. I would also like to request that you not listen to the entire snippet, but rather fast forward to 14 mins 45 seconds into it to get to the claim I asserted on here earlier... a claim that was entirely about truckers siphoning gas out of their tanks and selling it to get a bus ticket home, and abandoning their rigs. That is the intent of posting this link... solely to validate and back up the allegation I made with regard to the economic toll the current state of affairs is having on the independent owner/operators who keep your country running and for no other purpose.

The clarification I provide, I believe to be very clear. And we are all adults with the ability to sort through and filter out periferals to focus in on relevant targets, so I'm requesting that we do just that.

That said, here is the validation of the claim I previously asserted that:

Independent truckers are abandoning their rigs and going out of business. (windows media audio)

Bush's economic policies are exacting a very heavy price on your country. The cost of this war is too high a price to be paying for a lie. McCain wants to perpetuate this. Thankfully, you have a presidential candidate (the only presidential candidate) with sound judgement who understood from the inception what the cost of war would be.

w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 06:32:11 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

fixed
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 07:19:24 AM »

great points HC. in addition, bush pushed the fed to lower interest rates to 45 year lows. georgie was fixated on "every american owning a home" this fueled speculation and the worst housing crisis since the The Great Depression.

also, before the 04 elections, bush had goldman sachs (thru henry paulson) sell off most their gasoline positions, this resulted in a net drop of gas prices by almost $1.00 just before the 2004 elections....remember that ?  then, following the election, GS bought back their sold off positions and fuel prices resumed their rise.

this is called manipulating the market for political gain.

my colleague's and i saw this first hand.  ;)

NT

I'm just trying to understand why someone losing there house is BUSH's fault.

He lowers the interest rate and removes regulations that banks and lending institutions have to follow to so more people can buy houses that maybe can't.  Income to debt ratio is ignored and people get home loans.  They default on these loans and we have 900k in forecloser in the US right now.

But in the end, whether someone lends you the money or not, isn't really the buyers fault incurring debt they cannot pay?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 07:48:37 AM »

Mr.Bush? No, to be sure he's a dickhead but you should thank your friends Bernanke and Greenspan for this one.... ;)
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »
I guess personel responsibility is out the window right...only if big government regulates will things be ok. Gimme a break..if u can't afford something u don't buy it. If banks ignore all the warning signs on a loan application, thats their fault. U idiots blame Bush for eveything...these people bought beyond their means.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 07:52:26 AM »
I guess personel responsibility is out the window right...only if big government regulates will things be ok. Gimme a break..if u can't afford something u don't buy it. If banks ignore all the warning signs on a loan application, thats their fault. U idiots blame Bush for eveything...these people bought beyond their means.

Partially agree with you on this one Mr. Headhunter but artifically lowering interest rates causes malinvestment so Bernanke and Greenspan need to take some of the blame as well.

I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 08:12:20 AM »

ozmo, you just answered your own question.

NT

That's doesn't make sense, NT.

If i choose to jump off a cliff, is it BUSH's or the cities or who ever's fault that i died becuase they didn't put a fence on the cliff to prevent me from jumping?

These people knowingly bought a house that they couldn't afford.   

How is this BUsh's fault?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 10:58:34 AM »
Bernanke does what hes told.    The fed is allowed to do whatever they want and have the administration to push them into it.

They needed a bubble to get the last of the money out of americans pockets and to take the pressure off bush and his dismal approval.

We are watching the dollar go to hell and they know it. It is being done intentionally. It isnt too easy to break a superpower but obviously its being done...

A former president had a sign on his desk.  "The buck stops here"

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
I'm just trying to understand why someone losing there house is BUSH's fault.

He lowers the interest rate and removes regulations that banks and lending institutions have to follow to so more people can buy houses that maybe can't.  Income to debt ratio is ignored and people get home loans.  They default on these loans and we have 900k in forecloser in the US right now.

ozmo, you cannot lower interest rates to near zero, remove lending regulations so that no document loans are the norm and easy to obtain, plus ignore income to debt ratio WITHOUT CREATING A CREDIT CRISIS and attendant housing bubble.

this housing bubble was created by predatory lending practices that the bush regime encouraged. ::)  the bush policy "that everyone deserves a home" was total BS and the housing collapse has proved it.

this situation was never a "housing crisis", it was a LENDING crisis, which the bush regime allowed to fester.

therefore, bush is responsible.

NT

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 01:07:59 PM »
raise interest rates to 21% tomorrow.

That'll kick some people in the pants :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »
raise interest rates to 21% tomorrow.

That'll kick some people in the pants :)

Yee haw.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 05:24:24 PM »
Partially agree with you on this one Mr. Headhunter but artifically lowering interest rates causes malinvestment so Bernanke and Greenspan need to take some of the blame as well.

What are you talking about? Whitout Big Government GI Joe homie would be living in one of those tents. All he's done throughout his life is carry a gun, suck on the flag and not pay taxes.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 07:12:05 PM »
What are you talking about? Whitout Big Government GI Joe homie would be living in one of those tents. All he's done throughout his life is carry a gun, suck on the flag and not pay taxes.

LOL. Actually he pays taxes back from the taxes he receives................ and so on and so on.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 06:10:11 AM »

The US has a broken government. The only solution is to return to a strong federalisation of everything, relegating most important decisions to the state level.

The three headed dragon (executive, legislative and judicial) is broken and does not work well. Revamping everything and turning it into a parliamentary system would be better.

Change directives of Federal reserve (if you can't get rid of it) to preventing inflation alone and disregarding growth as is the case with the European Central Bank.

Much of this has been done to great effect in the EU and it works quite well.

Regardless of dishonest and/or predatory lending practises: one should never spend money one does not have.
I hate the State.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 07:16:42 AM »

LOL. Actually he pays taxes back from the taxes he receives................ and so on and so on.

Yup, you have to realise that the armed forces are absolutely totalitarian entities within a democratic society. That's why all these nutjobs from the "heartland" and patriots alike tend to be so obedient and domesticated.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 07:21:32 AM »
Yup, you have to realise that the armed forces are absolutely totalitarian entities within a democratic society. That's why all these nutjobs from the "heartland" and patriots alike tend to be so obedient and domesticated.

Lots of bible thumpers there too...

You aren't American are you?
I hate the State.